visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
It's a recession, people are supposed to sell stuff!! :)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> for sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red_2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: It's a recession, people are supposed to sell stuff!! :) Reply with quote

Where'd all the sellin' go?

Stuff on skullbrain is flyin'.

I guess I jumped on the Cyborg bandwagon during a slow spell.

Oh well. I'll wait patiently ...

Shocked
hypnotator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll take more than a recession to get me selling my toys...

That bunch on SB are notorious for overstretching their budgets in their clamour to own every colour variation of every pricey, goofy vinyl. The hardcore here are less fickle, although there are some who give their precious vintage items to the dog to chew, eh, Baz?
BAZ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I DIDN'T "give" them to Ozzy, she just assumed the pile of toys below the computer were hers to do with as she saw fit!
She'll NEVER do that again (and her stay in hospital is purely coincidental!)
Red_2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha!!

Yeah, I'm getting that notion over at SB.

And yes, I'm much more fickle as well.

What happened BAZ? Is there a thread to this "pet-ate-my-precious-henshin event"?
BAZ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't ask. Brings back too many bad memories..........
hypnotator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the storyís here on the forum somewhere but itís quite old so youíll have a time finding it, plus I canít remember what thread itís on. Itís quite funny, though.

Baz had a vintage Invader up for sale on Ebay, and the very night that the auction ended and a generous winning bid had been placed, Baz had put this beautiful, rare figure safely on a high shelf and was relaxing in a bath of hot baked beans, when his faithful dog, Ozzy, came bounding in. Unbeknownst to Baz, Ozzy had consumed the whole sheet of LSD tabs that Baz had forgotten to put on the high shelf with the Invader, and she was ďcoming upĒ, to use the popular drugs culture vernacular. This poor canine was in a confused and anxious state, and she leant over the bath, as if to seek reassurance from her master regarding her distorted state of perception, but Baz, as we all know, is not only covered with rippling muscles but also has these cauliflower slabs embellished with a myriad of grotesque tattoos of movie monsters, and as he leant forward to ascertain what was troubling his beloved hound, it seemed to poor Ozzy that his chest and biceps were alive with writhing monstrosities and nightmare visions straight out of Dante, squirming hideously, their eyes boggling with malevolent intent. Naturally her first instinct was to protect her master from these ghoulish apparitions that had somehow taken residence upon his epidermis, so she did what any dog would do, and as he rose from his bath, she locked her teeth into his left buttock, from which Rondo Hattonís disagreeable countenance was regarding her.

Imagine the sight of poor Baz rampaging across his flat in agony, dripping with beans with a hallucinating dog clamped to his posterior. Of course he collided with the shelf along with most of the other furniture and just as he was forcibly wrenching Ozzy from his backside, the Invader toppled and fell, right into his mouth as he was gritting his teeth in pain.

Vintage Henshin Cyborg figures are well made from durable plastic and can usually weather the odd tumble from a shelf, but they are no match for Bazís great jaws, and this poor transparent alien, having survived in near mint condition all the way from the seventies, crumbled like a Ritz cracker between those monolithic teeth, the eyes in its chest flashing silver for one last time as if to signal its demise in a desperate Morse, as it was reduced to a pile of glittering fragments which he spat out with as much dignity as he could muster.

Baz was faced, of course, with the embarrassment of having to apologise to the winning bidder, but how could he explain the situation without stretching their credulity to the point of negative feedback? It was far easier just to say that the dog chewed the figure, which is, letís face it, a far more credible explanation.

Needless, to say, Baz, being a true English gentleman, acquired another Invader quickly, which he sent on to the disappointed winning bidder free of charge.
BAZ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!!! It's like you were actually there WITH me!!!
Such a colourful and detail filled recount of the tragedy!
The only factoid missing is the fact the not only THREE Invaders were chewed, but also three vintage Action Man figures I was
also selling on ebay.
Suffice to say, the Action Man were easier to replace, yet the two sly ol'
Invaders are still proving unobtainable!
I'm pretty chuffed with the single Invader I now have, and this whole terrifying ordeal has made me appreciate them even more. SO much so, I doubt I'll EVER sell any of my Cyborg stuff again this year.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The only factoid missing is the fact the not only THREE Invaders were chewed, but also three vintage Action Man figures

Indeed, the capacity of your gob defies the laws of physics!

Quote:
the two sly ol' Invaders are still proving unobtainable!

They'll come up sooner or later mate. Save your cents and possibly the dollar will recover a little against the yen in the meantime. And keep them this time!

Quote:
Wow!!! It's like you were actually there WITH me!!! Such a colourful and detail filled recount of the tragedy!

Indeed I am sometimes able to visualize events with an almost clairvoyant clarity. Woof!
BAZ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, true. The weird thing was that it took SO long to find them, then "circumstances beyond my control" initiated the
selling of them, THEN the blizzard of Ozzy happened.
When I bought the new one off Robert I thought "sweet", have em all back soon"............... hell no!!!
And the prices on YJ are high now.
Kinda think it's gonna be a long hunt again........
hypnotator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yuss time to batten down the hatches and stop spending.

One of my co-workers was rather summarily dismissed today. Nasty atmosphere.

I just told SMJ to use my deposit to pay for the last item.

You have one Invader, which is far better than none, and you'll have the others soon enough. if you think going yen to dollar is bad, try going yen to dollar to great shriveling British pound.
Red_2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Baz! Reply with quote

Wow ...

You guys are funny. Thanks for the colorful anecdote Hypno!

What Invaders are so unobtainable?
gort

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Baz! Reply with quote

Red_2 wrote:

What Invaders are so unobtainable?

From my current (none YJ frequenting) perspective; all of them.

I'm in the market for decent loose ones but, as Hypno alluded to, the pound isn't doing us any favours...
Red_2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Invaders?? Reply with quote

Since I'm a newb I'll ask just in case.

Are we talking Invader O, Z, and J?

Or Satan, Dokuro and Plant?

If so there's a few on eBay right now.

Otherwise clue me in!

I just scored Plant King today!! Woo hoo!
BAZ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Invaders O, J and Z from the original 70's line of
Android and Cyborg figures.
Here's a pic of my old fellas, complete, and in happier moods!
Red_2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: ah ha! Reply with quote

I came back realizing that it was probably the originals you were hunting for.

And you reaffirmed!

Wow, in my recent research that's the first I've seen of the original invaders!

Coooool.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> for sale All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: