visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Titans and aliens
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Titans and aliens Reply with quote

Happy new year, Cybo-nerds! Another year closer to death for all of us!

But forget that. Did you get any nice toys? I did, although I bought them myself really, but Mrs. Hypnotator was kind enough to hide them away and wrap them. Titans - all three T40X.

Left to right: T401 Cereberus (blue), T402 Pegasus (transparent green) and T403 Hercules (custard). These are one of my favourite vintage Microman designs. Forget the blobby hair inherited from Henshin Cyborg inherited from GI Joe – Micromen are meant to be robots, or why would their heads be chromed? Why did the comics miss the point? The magnets give the figures a nice weight and give the figures the same interchangeability as the vehicles and playsets.

The first Titan design is close to M10X or Time Traveller, with the chest engine, although Titan’s is not removable, and the hands. Pegasus’ chest engine design is unique and the other two share one. Subsequent Titans drifted away from the Microman look and got blocky.

The head is like a heat sink. There must be some red hot philosophising going on in there.

The back is worth a shot and so is the funny winged backpack.

Here they are fooling around and getting interchangeable.

I also got these Micronauts aliens: Kronos (left) and Repto (right).

Kronos is my favourite of the aliens, partly because he doesn’t have the enormous, cumbersome hand weapons all the others have. Pallisades had the right idea giving them alternative hands. Pity the manufacture was crap.

Repto has a great body design. What the hell did they do with his head?

Kronos’ head is quite simple and almost Fisher-Price but somehow it works. His wings look great but they only have two positions – folded and more folded.

BAZ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No pics at the mo', but I DID get a boxed Talking Space Ranger Commander (vintage Action Man). Also the "Roy" figre by Cyber Hobby (based on Connery's portrayal of Roy Urquhart in A bridge Too Far)
Plus, Josh got me a FINE selection of shirts and a jumper from Lansky's in Memphis (clothier to the King!!) So I'M gonna look cool in Vegas at Easter!!!
Just got my Fishman 12" outfit too.
yay!
Oh, and got me a nice pair of original WWII German winter camo overpants.
VERY "Where Eagles Dare"!!
johnnyhaggis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never knew what those titan guys were - I always saw them on yahoo and thought they were from some other line. Cool stuff!

Hey you forgot to showcase REpto's glowing brains!
microbry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I just got 2 of the Titans myself finally a month or so ago. Magnetic Time Travellers for the win! Well, not exactly, but pretty close. The accessories really rock, I never knew the backpack wings were detachable...lots of potential for a backpack with 2 5mm sockets. Smile

I always liked Repto's head sculpt myself. At the time I got Repto originally, I owned a few anole lizards, which the head sculpt is clearly based directly on. The elongated, nearly featureless quality also evoked a Micronauts take on a Giger alien head to my mind, also. Smile

I didn't think the manufacturing was crap on the Palisades Reptos...one of the few exceptions in the line, really. The cuffs were a little loose on the two clear variants, is the only thing I remember that really bothered me about those. I do think the hand sculpt could have been a lot better though...that was partly my fault, my models didn't do any justice to Dave's sketchs and got interpretted wrong in turn by the sculptor.

I usually posed the wings spread open on Kronos--it can be done, really!
hypnotator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the clear Repto and his penis broke off! Well, the front of his pelvis anyway.

Generally I find the transparent plastic on the Pallisades toys to be very brittle. It's a shame because transparent figures in general interest me more.
BAZ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypnotator wrote:
I got the clear Repto and his penis broke off! Well, the front of his pelvis anyway.

Dear Sir,
Please cease and desist all "nyuck,nyuck" and "fnarr fnarr" jokes/references, as this is the copyright of our client, the artist formely known as Frankie Howard,now doing humour as the artist : BAZ.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the technical term. Had I wished to do innuendo I would have said "John Thomas", or maybe "Todger".

If you are Frankie Howerd, then you're already DEAD, clutching your trolls.
proteus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think those titan dudes look a bit like android?

they look very grumpy anyway,very nice, i got 2 cds i already had and a dalek bubblebath
proteus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kronos looks like one of those creepy lace wing bugs that annoy the hell out of everyone at night.
first they want water, then they want a pee, then its can i have a puppy, jeesh!
proteus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the photo where you have swapped all the bit around reminded me of that scene in toy story-

hey look im picasso!
GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I always thought the titan head looked A LOT like the little head inside of Denys Fisher's Giant Robot.

Strange how a quote like "You're already Dead" would come up.
Never though of Hypno throwing out Kenshiro FIST OF THE NORTHSTAR lines...
BAZ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GUYx1 wrote:
Personally, I always thought the titan head looked A LOT like the little head inside of Denys Fisher's Giant Robot.

Strange how a quote like "You're already Dead" would come up.
Never though of Hypno throwing out Kenshiro FIST OF THE NORTHSTAR lines...

AAAHHH!!! Giant Robot rules!!! Pity you could see THROUGH him in the TV show!
And, it DID say the artist FORMERLY known, I'm Frankie H reborn!!
Very Happy
And Kenshiro, what a guy!!!
Of course that line has been used in MANY crappy movies "He's already dead, he just doesn't know it yet"
I kinda see Joe Don Baker saying it at some point...............
microbry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypnotator wrote:

Generally I find the transparent plastic on the Pallisades toys to be very brittle. It's a shame because transparent figures in general interest me more.

Poor Clear Repto...a wang of glass, that would really drain any lizard. Sad

Yeah, that is true about the frigging brittle clear plastics, especially the tinted ones...I found the pure clear tended to be less brittle on my samples, but I'm not surprised to hear it. Sad I wholly expect to find my clear Centuarii lying in a heap some day...sigh.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proteus, what's that about lace wing bugs wanting puppies? I'm intrigued.

I suppose my Titans could be saying, "Hey look - I'm Salvador Dali, and so are my pals".

I think Kronos is meant to be like a praying mantis. The Titans do look like Android, largely because neither has a mouth. The Titans are meant to be telepathic so they don't need one.

Guy, that little thing inside the Giant Robot's forehead is exactly the same as British Cyborg's inner brain.

Bry, I'd love to see one of these Anole lizards. Got any pics? By the way, I was rearranging the glass case today and my Pallisades clear Force Commander's head broke off the magnetic ball neck. Luckily it sits back in place.
yojugod

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Titan heads a reminiscent of the Android prototype head. Wonder which came first?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> reviews All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: