visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Vintage Android A and Invader J picture review
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnnyhottrod

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laugh my fucking ass off..and yes he needs an education in collecting ettiquette.. Very Happy
BAZ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, in my experience, I have been out bid on items being sold by "moonlabjp" by a bidder called "moonlabus".Now, call me suspicious, but.....................................
Hey, how about piics of the other Invaders for people to see?
And a Twanny is a cross between a twat and a fanny.
Which are actually the same in England, but in different contexts!!
Oh, and it means
Laugh My Fuckin Ass Off.
BAZ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, too late.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely if he outbids you then he just loses his fee. I presumed that the process involves the seller logging back on as the seller and cancelling his own highest bid, so that a real buyer ends up winning.
BAZ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOMETIMES, people will bid on an item of theirs to push up the REAL bidders price.
Of course, it CAN go wrong and the item doesn't sell.......except to THEMSELVES!!
tatsunokofan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I stand corrected. I thought that Combat Joe was the Japanese name for GI Joe and that this was the basis for Henshin Cyborg, hence Medicom punning on the name with Cocobat Joe.

The Cocobat Joe name was most likely inspired by Combat Joe, since Medicom uses a Takara "New Combat Joe" body for their figures. But Combat Joe wasn't released until the 1980s, and was inspired by G.I. Joe from the 1960s and New G.I. Joe from the 1970s, as well as the British Action Man, who had a brief Japanese release just before Combat Joe came along. New G.I. Joe was the basis for the Allies of Justice line. I fact, both the Return of Ultraman and MAT Team Member figures were first released as part of the New G.I. Joe line. Their success is what helped Takara to decide to drop New G.I. Joe in favor of the Allies of Justice, which in turn led to the creation of Henshin Cyborg.

Quote:
Congratulations on collecting all three. I look forward to doing the same one day, but when I have them and the three Invaders, what will I have to look forward to?

I have the three Android Ace and Invader figures, but I'm hardly worried about running out of things to look for. I'm still after the two Invader accessory sets and the UFO-7, not to mention that I'm still trying to complete about 20 Henshin Cyborg uniforms, 5 Cyborg Jaguar sets, 1 Shonen Cyborg costume, a small stack of the soft vinyl hand accessories and other assorted gear, as well as the entire Allies of Justice line and the New G.I. Joe sports sets. So, there are plenty of goodies to keep me in the hunt for quite a while!

James
BAZ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have just completed my "collection". My initial plan was to just get the 12" versions of my Denys Fisher ones.
Just got the final piece that was missing, the Fish Man........so.................................
johnnyhaggis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypnotator wrote:
Surely if he outbids you then he just loses his fee. I presumed that the process involves the seller logging back on as the seller and cancelling his own highest bid, so that a real buyer ends up winning.

Hey Hypno - noone's accusing Moonlab of bidding on his own auctions, it's just that whenever something's cheap on yahoo, he always buys it to resell in the US for double the price, and many times he robs us of good deals on yahoo!
hypnotator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Baz is pretty much accusing Moonlabus of just that. If what he is saying is true, the two id names sound pretty similar, but maybe it's a popular name in Japan for some reason.

For those of us that can't be stuffed with Yahoo japan, he provides a service. But I appreciate the frustration of being outbid. The whole auction thing is geared to cause all sorts of friction, as is the competition of the collecting game in general, not to mention the reluctance of the Japanese to share their lovely toys with Gaijin, which sets Moonlabus up with an instant career.
BAZ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I'm only stating MY opinion. I feel he shafted me on a deal (agreed on a price, then he decides to not sell, I see the SAME item going on YJ for more than I had agreed to pay. Not saying people shouldn't be able to turn a profit, but as many "Family" members I meet with here in NY, a handshake is a bond. If you agree to something, you SHOULD follow through)
I'm not demanding we kneecap him or anything, and I'm certainly not implying he's the ONLY one who does this stuff.
I treat people how they treat me. Shaft me? You're off my Chrimbo list!!
cyborgbushcricket

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypno, nice pics and review, im still androidless, maybe one day...and to think ive probably held that very same android you got.

FEEL the love!!

talking moonlab, ive always had good service and bought stuff at BIN and privately, he sent me KW jr dokuroking and plant monster so i was a bit concerned as they wernt cheap of course but they arrived fast and mint.

CBC.
cyborgbushcricket

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmonlabjp and moonlabus (ie jp and US) are the same guy im quite sure. On yahoo jp you will see moonlabjp win an item and then moonlabus will have it on ebay (unless im totally mistaken), so maybe they are best friends, LOL.
BAZ

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUT, theoretically, isn't that how business works?
Byuy low, sell high?
I'm sure we've ALL sold "excess" items from lots to offset the outgoing, or to even make a profit?
proteus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh , i am so bored!
Neutron X

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay auctions: Good, Bad, and Insane. I have met some fantastic buyers and sellers. I have also met some of the most difficult people on earth.

If you don't trust a seller aviod him. It just isn't worth it. I have sold pieces that I own just because all the trouble wasn't worth it. Why associate a desired collectible with a horrible seller memory?

Saying there are nut jobs on Ebay is an understatement. The difficult people are less than 1% but man they suck the life right out of you. Get a psycho case pissed and he will pop up with his multiple Ebay names to harass you 100 times over. You block the SOB and he creates a new name and is back again. The slight doesn't even have to be real, just imagined is good enough.

In life some of these people are bullies, criminals, jerks, egomaniacs, anal retentive dorks, and simple put people with mental dissorders. It is the price of doing bussiness with the world.

I guess I am getting burned out on Ebay. Ya think?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> reviews All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: