visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Action Man 40th Anniversary ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neutron X

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Action Man 40th Anniversary ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Hi,
Being a frugal guy who doesn't like reporductions much. I say do it right or don't bother. Gijoe 40th Anniversary changed the head sculpt and flesh tone to very weird beige color, I couldn't stand them at all.
That being said Modeler's Loft has done an excellent job on Action Man's 40th Anniversary figures and uniforms. They actually cared about what they made.
I have seen several of these figures and uniforms at friends. Everything has been spot on! We call it factory. Great stuff! Deep Sea Diver Fantastic! Cricketeer, Green Beret, German Soldier, and Football
I hope Santa brings me some!
Here's closeup pic;
miskatonicnick

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second that - top marks to Alan Hall & all the guys at Modeller's Loft... and, of course, DiD who have been making them for ML. Beautiful repros of the toys I grew up with Smile After Hasbro's updated version it's so good to have the REAL Action Man back... right down to even repro catalogues, star cards etc. in the figure boxes.

Nick
BAZ

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, they are COOL, but they're upsetting a LOT of collectors!!
The crime of NOT having a NEW date on the boxes and figures in the first wave has led to a LOT of dealers flogging repro as ORIGINAL.
It's a bloody minefield out there now!!!
Thankfully, after this debacle, they removed the labels and dated all new waves.
I like em a lot. They are indeed spot on!
And, although I'm seeing the prices on my originals drop, I'm loving having all the old stuff "boxed" again, without selling my soul (good job really, already rented it out!!)
doublecee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there.....

You are right, the ML 40ths are indeed awesome. So much so they got me to finally get off my ass and start on the AM CGI short I had been planning for years....

You can see the progress of the early stages over at the link in my signature...

As for the collection itself, I hope to post pics very soon.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Great stuff! I can't wait to see more! Talk about a great dream project. Bring Action Man to life Dr. Frankenstien!!!!!!!! LOL I am going to have top spend some time reviewing all your blog, it look svery interesting!
GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! What you have done with action man is BEYOND AMAZING!

Brilliant work man! Now we just need to turn on the HOLO deck and let the action commence!
doublecee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a long way to go....

5 main characters, 30 extra's, all CG assets set against live elements, a 15 page screenplay that needs an edit because the thing should only ever be 10-11 mins long, and the genera rule of thumb is a page a minute... so need to lose 4 pages of fluff.....

Got to voice cast it (convince known voice actors to work for free / Lunch), record the dialouge, animate a very rough version to the audio track, see how that looks. Show it to my peers, get their views, more edits of the rough animation, lock down a cut and then do it all again but in a very precise manner.....

Phew! So these R&D bits are actually the easy part.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I see, the more I like it! Your stuff looks great, what's your background with CGI?
Jackmagic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I REALLY hate to say this, but have you considered "tweaking" your models so they don't look exactly like G.I. Joe / Action Man? It sounds like you're going to make a first rate movie, and it might behoove you to be able own all the characters yourself for future marketing / promotion opportunities. I only bring this up because I've run into similar issues myself. On the other hand, Hasbro might jump at the chance to co-op your project, so do whatever you think is best.
doublecee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jack....

I do indeed have Plan B (original designs and concept by me) rigs ready to go, but I am doing this really as a CG showcase for myself and testing the pipeline for future projects. A non profit short will emerge from this, and of course I have an original screenplay and series synopsis that should I decide to commercialize P-P at a later date, then that comes into play, along with a new name and original characters. P-P is really a test bed for all of that.

Glad you like some of the early R&D stuff

C
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> reviews All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: