visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Microman Allen (Gamera Shinsei version) and Acromuzan

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Microman Allen (Gamera Shinsei version) and Acromuzan Reply with quote

Itís been a while since I bought any Microman or indeed anything at all, hence the lack of reviews. They will insist on doing opaque bodies, which puts me off.

These two appealed to me, though. Microman Allen comes with the rubber suit Gamera (Shinsei version). I have read about these rubber suits and itís all true; they are damn near impossible to put on. I gave up trying. It looks like the suited figure would have a great feel, with the thin rubber and the armature underneath, but looks are my primary concern because I stick everything in the glass cabinet, so the Gamera suit is staying in the box.

Allen has a lovely head sculpt, though. He could be a baddie or just a very serious type. You canít see in my photos, but the sprue went right into his forehead, so there is an unsightly, unchromed patch there. His stickers also stay in the box.

Acromuzan comes with the even-more-muscled-than-usual type body. It occurs to me that my collecting of these figures is somewhat at odds with my attitude towards bodybuilding, which I find rather repellent. There is something that worries me about the proliferation of idealised physiques within the action figure industry. Hereís to all the pot-bellied Penguin figures and the less-than muscle toned vintage Cyborgs. But I digress.

Acromuzan comes with the usual load of interchangeable accessories. He has a nice Samurai look, with the green gilt-edged panels. You can pose him with his sword wedged into the cleft in his head, but he looks like he just lost a fight if you do. Iíve decided I really like his weird hockey-puck pavilion head. What you canít see in my photos is that he has an additional point of articulation in the foot so he can stand on tippy toes.

He also comes with a human head, ostensibly so that he can pass himself off as a good guy. His human head looks rather evil, though. He has a little goatee. Is this the first ever bearded Microman, albeit minimally bearded? His overmuscled neck is more apparent in human head mode.

The little pole bits can be plugged together in infinite variations. Or he can have a little talking pickaxe friend.

I am reliably informed that the design on his chest says ďFuck over zealous censors on toy robot forumsĒ in Japanese.
bryanarchy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome hypno!

It's actually quite funny the little mentions of what stayed in the packaging as that's been the case for me as well. I kind of feel that takara doesn't quite get where the appeal of these toys lie. Or else we're bananas...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> reviews All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: