visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Introductions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> planning forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monolith

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Don-I still have some toys from when I was a kid back in the '70's and also inherited some '60's monster toys from my older brother,which I still have and cherish.I collect Henshin Cyborg,Captain Action,vintage Microman,vinyl,die-cast,tin robots,Mego's,'60's monster and superhero stuff and some Astro Mu.I've been reading the forum for a couple of years but just finally joined.I will try to post some photo's when I can.
gort

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, sounds like you should fit right in here (but if you've been reading for a couple of years you probably know that).
monolith

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome,Gort.Until recently the only computer I had access to was at work and I wasn't really supposed to be looking at toy sites,but now I finally have my own computer.This is the first and only forum I've joined.I'm a little anti-social sometimes.The original Day The Earth Stood Still is a great movie, by the way.
Neutron X

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELCOME! A little anti-social hmmmm I think you will fit right in LOL Looking forward to seeing your posts and pics.
KB

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome on-board Monolith, sounds like you've got some good stuff. Look forward to you posting some pics
monolith

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember a while back when people were talking about a dog named Ozzie who ate two vintage Takara Invaders who were won on an E-bay auction? Well ,I was the high bidder who won them.I was just about to pay for them when I got an e-mail from the seller saying his dog chewed them up.I was bummed.But it worked out for me 'cuz about a month after that I got both Invaders in their original boxes all minty for a good price.
GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you friend. Never Mind Ozzie! Great to have you aboard.
I think it is quite amazing how much us cybo geeks have in common.
I have loved those Invaders since the day I first laid eyes on them.
Wish the heads & accessories didn't start to yellow after you took them out of the package, but still they are brilliant figures none the less!
monolith

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes- with Their sparkly colors and the blinking eyes on their chest mechanism-very cool.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Don!
That dog owner was Baz, who is a regular cheeky fellow here on the board. I never could work out his story about that sale. The dog chewed the figures after the auction was up, so he had to cancel the sale and apologise to the buyer (yourself), who was very understanding, but then he got more Invaders and kept them. I remember saying, are you going to offer them to your disappointed buyer at the same price the auction ended at? But it seems he decided he wanted to keep them after all, and who can blame him; these figures are beautiful! What kinda fickle toy collector would ever sell them in the first place? There are three in all, and they don't come cheap, especially in the boxes.
fantasticplastic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least the dog has taste lol!
Lost a few STAR WARS figures that way myself.
monolith

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't blame Baz at all for wanting to keep the Invaders.They're awesome.I have two dogs ,too.But I'm lucky enough to have a spare bedroom where my girlfriend lets me have some display cases and the dogs don't go in there.I have all three Invaders now.Oddly enough Invader J which I think is the most common one is the one I don't have the box for.The other two I have in their boxes with their catalogs.
monolith

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should add that the time between me winning the auction and Baz saying he got new Invaders on the forum here was like a few months or more if I remember correctly.So he was under no legal or moral obligation to offer them to me,nor would I expect him to.He had the bad end of the whole deal,what with the chewed up Invaders and all.Anyway it's ancient history now.
Clone666

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypnotator wrote:
Welcome, Don!
That dog owner was Baz, who is a regular cheeky fellow here on the board. I never could work out his story about that sale. The dog chewed the figures after the auction was up, so he had to cancel the sale and apologise to the buyer (yourself), who was very understanding, but then he got more Invaders and kept them. I remember saying, are you going to offer them to your disappointed buyer at the same price the auction ended at? But it seems he decided he wanted to keep them after all, and who can blame him; these figures are beautiful! What kinda fickle toy collector would ever sell them in the first place? There are three in all, and they don't come cheap, especially in the boxes.

That incident was one of the most classic moments in Visible Innards history! I still read that thread once in a while !
http://visibleinnards.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=384&highlight=dogs+waste
Welcome to the board! Sorry to hear you are the other guy who suffered because of Ozzie
KB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it was a classic thread, inspired my feeding time photostory

http://visibleinnards.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1138
monolith

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real life tragedy transformed into photo story art-I love it!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> planning forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: