visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
so what do we want?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> planning forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bryanarchy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAZ wrote:
I agree, reviews would be good, BUT, I would like unbiased reviews. Can't let Guy review anything, 'cos he loves any ol' shite! (which is why we like him!!!)
BUT, other folks may happen upon stuff that is unknown or new to some members.
AND, it seems that the people who live out in the sticks, seem to have access to "closeouts" or job lot discounts on interesting toys (the Cy-Com stuff for example). Maybe they can give us a "heads-up". Maybe we can ALL look out for each other?
Wouldn't that be nice?

Agreed. I think as we get to know each other, we'll figure out tastes and be able to help each other out.

so, is your avatar inked on your arm? Wink
BAZ

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah!! It's not on me.....YET!!!!
I have a page of Henshin flash I'm working on, I'll show you all when it's finished.
At the moment I have a Metaluna mutant, Robby The Robot, coupla tiki's Action Man Deep Sea Diver....and a whole bunch more!!!!!![/quote]
johnnyhaggis

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Baz - is your real last name Baz? You Morrocan?
BAZ

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moroccan??
HAH!! That will make Guy laugh!!!
I'm a Mickey Mouser.
johnnyhaggis

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mickey Mouser I never heard before - so my guesses are

a) You're descended from mouse heritage
b) Cat heritage - proud line of "mousers" i.e. mouse hunters
c) You looked a little like Frankenstein in your last avatar, so German/Jewish might make sense...
d) Irish?

Irish, morroccan, same thing! I have relatives named Baz. That's why I was guessing. Never heard that name in any other context.
bryanarchy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it short for Bazzizle, meaning you're hip hop and your real name is bill? Wink
BAZ

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bryanarchy wrote:
is it short for Bazzizle, meaning you're hip hop and your real name is bill? Wink

Damn, man, you are GOOD!!!!!
But wrong.
Hip Hop? Like a Bunny wabbit?
Have I stumped the crowd? No Guy, you can't play!!!!
cyborgbushcricket

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: BAZ (playing rumplestiltskin) Reply with quote

Baz, well maybe you are in hellA yes? but maybe your from UK, in which case you could be BAZZA aka BARRY?? Ah and maybe even the mickey mouser a bleedin SCOUSER. Those in the USA, that means he's from Liverpool. baz will tell you what scouse is.....actually i could, I was fed it every week, my dear mother is a scouser too.

Sorry to spoil the fun.

CBC.
johnnyhaggis

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh - so what's scouse? I thought it was some absurd word Kool Keith yelled out in one song for no apparent reason.
bryanarchy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnyhaggis wrote:
Uh - so what's scouse? I thought it was some absurd word Kool Keith yelled out in one song for no apparent reason.

hahahaha!
BAZ

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SCOUSE!!!!!!
MMMMMMmmmmmmmmm........................
Poor peoples nectar!!!
It's basically a casserole (look at me, all Martha Stewart!!)
Made with spuds, carrots, celery and a chunk of dead animal. Usually
a bone with meat on it.
My Mum even put dumplings in when we got our giro!!!!
That and Pea soup in the winter was my childhood diet.
Oh, and corned beef hash.
So, yes, I'm a native of "The Pool Of Life", but I DON'T have a perm or a dodgy 'tache, wear trackies or say "Calm down" a lot!! Very Happy
cyborgbushcricket

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: scouse....mmmmmmm Reply with quote

Seems that when (far) North European sailors first went to liverpool they were eating a dish called (ignore my spelling, i dont know how its spelt) lobskause which i think was a reindeer meat stew, people in the area started making it with local ingredients and it became scouse. The people in the area are affectionately called scousers.

My mums version was a big pan of boiled potatos, carrots, onions and mincemeat ('hamburger' to you american guys- on a side note: 'hamburger helper', what the hell is that godforsaken stuff YUCK), with a light broth, serve with pickled cabbage or onions, damn good stuff, all natural and good for you.

the local accent is termed a scouse accent and its basically a combination of lancashire (the next county in), welsh and irish accents, totally different from the pure lancashire accent you'll find 20 miles east. Youd be amazed at the variety of accents/dialects in the UK, seriously you can drive for 15 minutes and the locals will know you are from the next town along, talk about inbreeding! the same distance can have the local shopkeeper looking at you like you landed from mars when you ask for a 'barm cake' (a soft flat bread roll) as he may well call it a 'muffin'.

CBC.

CBC.
BAZ

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO true!!!
My wife's family is from Bolton. Bloody woolly-backs!!
And she talks like a real spazmo.
I ALWAYS get asked if I'm Irish here. Spent the longest time explaining I WASN'T.
THEN I realized, I got better tips if I said I WAS!!!
Of course, my Mum was born in Dublin, so by NY standards I'm TOTALLY Irish!!! Seeing as here, you're considered Irish if your great-great-great great Grandfather's next door neighbours dog once drank Guinness.
Bleedin' Wallies.
cyborgbushcricket

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well dare i confess i'm from Bolton, and aye lad i'm a wooly back me, here in Illinois ive been accused of being irish, kiwi and australian, technically i'm welsh boyo as thats where i was born. So baz, you are in the states yes?

Its funny, I was in an irish bar recently, they do some pretty good grub, there was an american couple being served by a young irish lad, they were listening to him intently as he explained the specials, I could tell they didnt have a blinkin clue what he was saying.

I do tame my accent a bit here as otherwise i get blank looks of people when i talk to them, some honestly wonder if im actually speaking English for the first few sentences. A recent visit to the UK left my friends and family dissapointed that i'd not picked up any american atall, I do still find it hard calling any ant-ony by the word anth-ony!!

my other half still looks in confusion as my mum (scouse) and sister (bolton) have a right good natter.

CBC.
GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush Cricket,
You may not have acquired the ability to slip into an American Accent, but I hear (from friends in the UK) that Bazza does have the ability to slip into a brilliant rendition of a GUY REDWING accent...
Can't say I've ever heard it myself, but I understand it to be quite entertaining.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> planning forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: