visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
so what do we want?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> planning forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bryanarchy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: so what do we want? Reply with quote

What do you guys think we ought to do?

I realize that there's likely only gonna be about 6 people on here at least for now, and i doubt that the number will ever skyrocket. Based on that i'm thinking that we don't really need that many sections to spread out what may be a real limited number of posts. I put some sections in, but i don't know if we need more, or less, or what to call them even.

Are we into the idea of making a mission statement for this website? Like i've said a few times, i really want this site to be THE resource for cyborg stuff. Another thing i want is to really preserve the fun of what we enjoyed at robotjapan. I also would like to see substance that would get people excited about cyborg stuff and bring new people into the hobby. There's a ton of people getting into designer and japanese vinyl; it's a short step into getting them into this stuff. Why do i care about this? Takara is paying me to say this... well, i don't really know, i would just like to share these cool toys with others.

bryan
johnnyhaggis

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey - let's get takara to pay us! That's an idea. Let's get Tobacco companies too! Alcohol, firearms, I'm feelin' this!

My guess is that for now, just a simple forum without a million sections would do it - on rj we only had one. But as more people join we could start splitting it up. But that's in terms of the forum, therwise we should get on the cyborg resources, blogs etc.

Mission statement: "Our mission here a twww.visibleinnards.org is to provide out clients with the best possible extra-terrestrial innard meal solutions at the lowest possible price point. Here at visibleinnards, we make sure that the innards are visible. After all form factor is what creates synergy between value added associates and competitive skill sets, and where there's synergy there can only be win win situations!"

Other than that I dunno! What would you write?

TECHNICAL THINGS:
1. Can we have more options for colour schemes? I miss the black background of RJ. Always been a big fan of black backgrounds. My windows theme is black backgrounds with dark red borders and light red text and trim... Many people liek white or pale backgrounds better, so it's always nice to have a choice. THere's only "sub silver" listed when you register.

2. Can we have it so that after a post it takes us directly back to the thread instead of having options?

Last edited by johnnyhaggis on Wed May 10, 2006 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
hypnotator

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I get to be the first to post!
Well done and thanks Bryan on getting the site sorted so quickly. As we have a high level of creative talent here, I would like to suggest a section for photostories. Reviews are nice, too, with lots of pics, but maybe these would be better on the general board to keep it interesting. And a section for vegetarian recipes. Only kidding.
You beat me to it, Johnny!
johnnyhaggis

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha. I win! DOn't worry hypno, I'll be disappearing for a while and you will reign supreme! Actual bryan will reign supreme and censor all our posts now that he has tasted the heady intoxicant of power!

Do you guys think we should have a separate photo section, or just have it like before all lumped into a forum?
bryanarchy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the power is heady indeed!!!! man, dizzy already....

I can make up a case for keeping photos in the same section as general stuff but can also make another equal case for keeping them separate. On one hand, it's cool to keep them together because photos should inspire conversation which is what we want out of this place. On the other hand, sometimes, people are gonna just want to come in for a photofix and not want to wade through articles that may be text only.

The calibre of photostories and collection shots that we've had in the past on RJ is really high... it does deserve it's own section... photoreviews can be in the general section because they're more about the toy and it's features than making intriguing and fun pics... bottom line, put it where you think it's best suited.

As for colors, etc I'm thinking i will develop two distinct themes that a user can chose. One will be called chestengine, which will be a clean, light/chromey colored look while the other will be innards which will be straight from the lair of walder. It will be nice to have the two opposing color schemes for the protagonist/light color liker and the antagonist/dark color liker. I have always liked light-colored forums, but i'm itching to see what i can pull off with the innards theme.

I'll see what i can do about making the 'after the post' business johnny mentioned happen. No promises on that, but i'll try.

oh man... so much power... i better sit down.
cyborgbushcricket

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: innard related Reply with quote

hey guys, one section could be innard related, im determined to get some screen shots of SNES probotector up which has a whole level dedicated to innards and organs, actually another cool game for megadrive/genesis is 'gynoug' which has a cool level which traverses the alimentary canal of some huge creature, one of the bosses is a giant phallus, I do not kid!! I'll skip that one though.

CBC.
bryanarchy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: innard related Reply with quote

cyborgbushcricket wrote:
hey guys, one section could be innard related, im determined to get some screen shots of SNES probotector up which has a whole level dedicated to innards and organs, actually another cool game for megadrive/genesis is 'gynoug' which has a cool level which traverses the alimentary canal of some huge creature, one of the bosses is a giant phallus, I do not kid!! I'll skip that one though.

CBC.

hahah then there's the Carcass records... eww.

Actually, i was thinking i wanted a non-henshin toy section, because my tastes, as many of ours, transcends our cyborg love. I have a lot of great transparent toys that are pretty rad.
GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the concept of two methods of display - one electronic & mechanical, the other internal.
Technically, it would be cool to have CYborg, muton, android & invader

Cool to use real organs, but alter the color to appear like walder guts.

And a food ideas of the day section wouldn't hurt..
Also - how many times had a thread been viewed would be cool.
Is there going to be a way to stay logged in longer?
Also - is the clock off by a few hours on the site?
bryanarchy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GUYx1 wrote:
I like the concept of two methods of display - one electronic & mechanical, the other internal.
Technically, it would be cool to have CYborg, muton, android & invader

Cool to use real organs, but alter the color to appear like walder guts.

And a food ideas of the day section wouldn't hurt..
Also - how many times had a thread been viewed would be cool.
Is there going to be a way to stay logged in longer?
Also - is the clock off by a few hours on the site?

'pleasing the innards' section would be pretty funny and tasty.

I think that you on login you can select to stay logged in.

Number of views of a thread is there, i think.

I'm not sure what to do with the clock... we're so damn international, i've left it at GMT for now... Add 6 hours for johnny and cbc, 8 for me and 9 for you. There is this great special on canadian tv called 'talking to americans' where this tv personality goes down to the states and interviews people about their opinions about various (bogus and far-fetched) issues in canada. One of the issues was Canada was on a 20hour clock (which was the same amount of time as a 24 hour clock but the hours were shorter) and we were moving towards adopting the 24 hour clock. All these americans, gave their full support for the move to the 24 hour clock...
hypnotator

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got quite a few left over guts from the last photostory. I warn you, they're pretty disgusting. That's why I left them out.
I'll happily do any photoshopping needed.
It would be great to have avatars if possible.
I agree about the other toys section, particularly if I can post my models.
bryanarchy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypno, posting your models is totally fair game, i will make a section for other toys.

i think avatars can be done. I think right now it's set up for off-site ones, but i think i can set the system up to accomodate uploading them too.

b
hypnotator

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offsite is fine for me; I'm used to using a host
bryanarchy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok...

Timezone can be changed in your personal profile so us jetset types can all enjoy our own clock.

To say logged in, you just have to check the 'Log me on automatically each visit" box when you log in and it should do the trick. This is working for me on firefox at least. You likely need to have cookies and all that stuff i've never quite paid attention to or needed in any previous web project.

I'm really excited about all of this. My selfish reason for wanting to do this is to really challenge myself and improve my skills as a web guy. I have done stuff with php a lot, but i have never done a forum ever.

I'm gonna try and setup a wordpress blog over the next day or so. I believe that it allows for multiple users to blog on it. So if any of you are down with wanting to surf the net for cyborg stuff (releases, odd ebay/yja auctions, etc) and then blog about it, i'm very much down.

do any of you guys have a flickr account? I have really been into flickr lately for its ease of uploading, and sharing. I'd really like to start a henshin cyborg photogroup on there. Basically what it means is that people can contribute their pics to a photostream of henshin toys. Right now, when you search henshin, i think all you get is my flickr and paul kaiju's. Guy posted a flickr slideshow of paul's a while back. that's just one of the really great things you can do with flickr.
GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to post video links, perhaps the BALZAC videos, etc.
Not sure where to post those...
bryanarchy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GUYx1 wrote:
I want to post video links, perhaps the BALZAC videos, etc.
Not sure where to post those...

walder general for now? if we get some serious music talk then we can make a section for it.

bring on the balzac!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> planning forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: