visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Visible Innards is Now Closed

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> planning forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bryanarchy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Visible Innards is Now Closed Reply with quote

This board was formed a long time ago after a few people felt that the board they were on was getting a bit too weird about what could and couldn't be said.

Over the years, people, including me, who were foundational to the formation of Visible Innards have moved on for various reasons. I kept paying for the domain and server space, because there was clearly some activity on the site, and I couldn't stand to kill the site and the information on it. For a long time, it was a lot of fun. There were a lot of interesting, quirky and even eccentric people (we're grown men, collecting toys, FFS) building a great place to hang out. We got along, and we kept each other in check.

As people moved away, there was really no stewardship on the board, and not only did posting slow down, but behaviour that should have been kept in check, wasn't. There have been a lot of things that have slipped by my attention over the years, but there have also been some things that people shot me a message about and I've done my best to resolve. Recently, things have been brewing up that just don't seem to elevate the hobby of toy collecting. This is, of course, my own opinion, but as long as I'm paying the bills here, I have the right to choose when to pull the plug.

A short while ago, I started to mothball the website. First, I disabled new registrations. Today, I've taken the time to lock the forums so they are read-only. I'm going to leave this forum up in this way for a while, so people can grab whatever they want from it, in terms of information, images and resources that so many good people have shared over the years. I am also looking into passing the site's database and files onto someone else who may act as a steward for this information.

If you want to carry on conversations, I'm sorry, but you need to move on to somewhere else. If you're like we were years ago, you can buy a domain and server space for $25/year and easily install something like phpBB and create a forum of your own. You can also visit places like The Chest Engine (http://moranity.dyndns.org/) or Skullbrain's Henshin forum (http://www.skullbrain.org/bb/viewforum.php?f=47).

Thanks for all the effort and enthusiasm over the years,
Bryan
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> planning forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: