visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Neil Gaiman - Doctor Who
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder general
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sf1378

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of Martha and Rose, Martha was far better looking and intelligent. Donna was brilliant - no sexualised tension. I'd have Rose as a friend, who fancied the Doc but he wouldn't go there, shes too young as in a teenager but Martha would have been a potential love interest and she was older in human terms...Donna was perfect as she was just his friend and he needed that by that point...

Amy is cack. She stares and is an old gits pervy dream really...Rory? Complete tit and its getting wanky him dying all the time and coming back to life...wish he'd fuck off. Amy too. Oh and Matt Smith.

Gene Rodenberry was cool. He presented a nice utopian dream...shame its not like that in reality.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always got the impression that the ninth Doctor and Rose were in love, but they got off on adventures instead of sex so it was platonic. Rose openly admits her love to the tenth Doctor at their farewell, I don't think he returns it though (some of you have probably watched these more times than I have and can put me right).

Donna Noble was a schewpid KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
sf1378

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Rose liked the Doctor, then she fell for the 10th...He did love her but he couldn't reciprocate as he'd live on, she wouldn't. He did have a clone of himself that was half human, with one heart and whom couldn't regenerate - thereby living only one life - he could do so with Rose, he did tell her he loved her in that sense, in a whisper mind you, and the 'real' 10th Doc left them together on an alternate Earth, the one the new Wanky Cybermen came from; but his leaving the two together was a) as a form of punishment for the clone as he had the temerity if not the guts to destroy The New Dalek Empire built by Davros but was also seen as dangerous to the 'real' Doctor, but also b) because in a sense the half human Doctor clone was better than he'd ever be, the clone had the guts to admit his feelings for Rose where he couldn't....so it was a bitter victory of sorts, he pulled the girl but did not if you get what I mean...

Incidentally, the latest episode 'Gangers' was actually really good....all round. I even liked Amy Ponds arse in her tight jeans (I'm getting old Rolling Eyes )...
hypnotator

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sort of remember some of that. They don't half push it with some of those stories.

Yeah I caught up with the Gangers episode yesterday and I was going to post saying it was excellent. You get the odd duff episode because the writers vary and we had a mediocre one followed by Gaiman's poor effort but you have to keep watching and give them a chance. I watched the Gaiman episode on Iplayer. When it froze about 7 minutes before the end I realized I really wasn't bothered.

I don't fancy Pond at all, too skinny for my taste, and I don't find her very likeable, but she is an excellent assistant nevertheless. At the beginning of Gangers he says something about the space tsunami originating from "your sun" or was it maybe "your son"?
sf1378

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amy just comes across as bossy, snotty and uncaring....Wish they'd kill her off, give twat Rory some airtime as he seemed really good in the last episode...Amy seems to be 'one for the Dads' the difference being that say Leela was still better back in the day....

Gaimans episode was cunting crap. Its because of his name certain fans loved the episode - 'oh Gaiman wrote it t'was lovely, meaning: ' we are fans of Gaiman so we'd stick our tongue so far up his bum we'd be able to lick his balls'...crap.
Alex77

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that where Neil Gaiman keeps his balls? that episode was a bit shit.

What a lively debate! isn't this the 2nd such rant about tolerance inspired by the series? I think we said last time this happened that, as long as it gets children (target audience) discussing these issues, or including them in their play, then the writers are doing a good job, albeit in a somewhat gauche way.

My 6 year old daughter loves doctor Who, it's something she's chosen for herself, without my intervention. Her favourite assistant was Martha, she loved Captain Jack, was sad when Tennant left, but likes how the new series is a lot spookier. Whenever I have to talk to her about issues like race, homosexuality, class, and even death, the show has already laid some gentle foundations of knowledge to build upon.

I think in that way, the show is an excellent piece of television.

Amy is totally hot. I am 33, does this make me a pervert? or is it because she is ginger?! (I am ginger too)
sf1378

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must say the recent Gangers two parter was great. Smith was on form, Arthur Darvill shone through - more character development like that I say... they had more like that I'd be happier. Moffat recently said The Doctors a 'man with weird hair' this coming from a Caucasian with an Afro....hes a smug cunt is Moffatt....prick.

Funny how a non - Moffatt two parter was brilliant and his own stuffs shite...bit like Gaiman then lol!!!

Amy, shes just overblown as a character and the actress isn't really that hot nor great...

The problem with the 11th Doc is also how the producers have 'forgotten' his solitude even when he has companions - something Tennant did well.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first story about the Silence was Moffat's wasn't it? Superb! There's a pic of him in the Radio Times and he does have curly hair. How dare he?
sf1378

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypnotator wrote:
The first story about the Silence was Moffat's wasn't it? Superb! There's a pic of him in the Radio Times and he does have curly hair. How dare he?

It was a LOAD OF SHIT. That FBI guy? The Silence wearing.....suits? WTF? LOAD OF SHIT.
Alex77

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked that one! The silence was good!

I think it looked like a story that will have more consequence towards the end of the series. It introduced the bit with the one-eyed woman looking through the hatch in the door, and the little girl at the end with what looked like regenerative time lord powers, and I don't think we solved why the girl in the astronaut suit killed Dr. Who did we? I was eating my tea at the time, so might have missed that bit?

I think the new series is as good as it's going to get really. Gone is the twee soapishness, the farting aliens, the episodes about diet pills, and the solving of every episode by gurning like a hallucinating twit, and rattling on about how great humans are, and how the bad guy didn't take that into account when he concocted his masterplan, and some other random shit said really fast so as to cynically bamboozle the audience into thinking someone actually wrote an ending. A la: the satan Pit etc.
sf1378

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was SHIT. PERIOD. Like I said, Gangers 2 parter was very strong all round. We need more of that if Smith is to become a great Doc....As for The Satan Pit or whatever story it was they could hardly at the time reveal it WAS THE DEVIL he was battling....it was a good story I thought, vagueness added to it. He did reveal it was Satan later down the line in a throw away comment in another story....

The mid-season finale is on tomorrow....'The Headless Monks' (be funny if they actually are headless), Francis Barber as Madame Kovarian...the woman with the eyepatch to you, and some big fat fuck painted blue whose bald...(fat cunt). Oh and some BLACK FELLA (WOW! ETHNICITY!) in a beret and a crap military uniform....Amys fucking baby being wanted as a weapon of some sort....bollocks...

It does get a bit worn and tiring hearing that the Doc 'raises an army' etc, same shite, different look....

Will pass judgement tomorrow....I still guess I miss Tennants geek - chic suit and long jacket compared to a tweed jacket and bow tie. I think Smith should change his trews, maybe a wide legged pair in another tweed, Baker did it in his first ever outing, and loose the fucking bow tie mate....for fucks sakes!

p.s. one of the funniest comments someone posted on youtube was when I was watching The Elephant Man trailer, said poster wrote:

'ITS MATT SMITH!!!'

Laughing
hypnotator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex is a bit hard on Tennant I think but in general I prefer Smith. The scripts vary and there are good and bad stories for every Doctor. The Silence was a great story, though, and yeah, Alex, all the stuff about the girl in the spacesuit who regenerates is yet to be explained. I loved the way the Silence only grow a mouth when they are killing someone.

Quote:
they could hardly at the time reveal it WAS THE DEVIL he was battling....

Hang on a minute… the clue was in the title.

Quote:
some big fat fuck painted blue whose bald...(fat cunt). Oh and some BLACK FELLA (WOW! ETHNICITY!) in a beret and a crap military uniform....Amys fucking baby being wanted as a weapon of some sort....bollocks...

Speaking as a full-figured man, I find your fatist comments offensive.

Quote:
Will pass judgement tomorrow....

Sounds like you already have. The bow tie is cool.
sf1378

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Benjamin go on a diet!!!! This forum is offensive to everything we chat about in a jocular style and I follow suit...

As for the title, yes well some people still divided the title from the content....

I really care less and less for Who, Smith isn't great....He's a Marmite Doc.

Oh and btw, I read a plausible finale for the entire series: Amy IS Rivers Mum and apparently River IS The Doctors WIFE. If this is all true, then all the shit with Amy trying to fuck The Doc and perving over him as hes putting on his 11th Doc outfit for the first time in Episode 1 of Smiths very first adventure proper is disgusting....

Moffats fucked Who up and its disappointing - the guys a prick.
sf1378

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that was a load of shit....The end 'revelation' was obvious...based on Rivers name being 'Melody' Pond, Melody and Song go together, River and Pond same as...

Would have been good if someone said:

'People always die because of YOU Doctor....They die FOR you'...He came across as a git because of it.

Surprised to see Neve Mackintosh again - was she a lesbian Silurian? I thought Restac and her sister died a while back....Hmm. The gay couple were funny, fat blue git dies as expected. The Welsh Sontaran was funny..Rory being tough was good. The Headless Monks were ridiculous and the reveal? Took me back to classic Who unspecial ineffects...lol.

Francis Barbers looking rough thesedays. The baby needed a slap...

So, Rivers part Timelord...meaning a perfect Wife for the Doc...also, she CAN regenerate...its obvious. Perhaps she can only heal herself rather than change her look but she can basically shag The Doc...he probably needs one...the scene where he realised who she is means he realised they are to wed at some point...

However, if they make out she can regenerate properly, then another actress can take over the role...which seems a more plotwise economical conceit that works however boring it may be...and the closest to a 'female TimeLord' Dr we will get. Thank God then....

The Cybermen? Ergh, its amazing how they are now making out the Cybers are like the original Telos/Mondasian Cybermen of old....when will the true Cybermen return - and on that point I actually think they need Telosian/Mondasian Cyber Women, even a Cyber Queen...

I'm not really bothered about the mid season break....lol.
Alex77

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked it. Best series of the new Doctor Who I've seen. But to each his own. Gutted about the break but liked the title of the new episode, what was it "OK, lets kill Hitler"?

I feel like so far Moffatt's tenure has been all about correcting the ways in which Davies led the character of the doctor off track, stopping him being romantically involved with his assistants, and making the series spooky again.

Tennant was a Fantastic doctor, sorry Hypno, I just meant the plotting was a bit bad.

I can't say I give half a fuck about what he wears, bow tie's as good as anything, at least he's not wearing leather.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder general All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: