visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
I had an awesome toy day today!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> show us yer guts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dokuroking

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: I had an awesome toy day today! Reply with quote

I got two things that I've been after for a long time in the mail. The first one I just finally got around to getting. The second one I've been hunting forever and one of my good friends saw it and scored it for me. It's been a huge grail of mine, so I'm pretty thrilled thus the reason for the shitload of pictures you're waiting on to load....

First Up, Rom the Spaceknight (anyone out there have any of the extra weapons?)

Next Microman Power Up Set. I shot a ton of pics of this because there is incredibly little coverage of this set anywhere online. Actually until I opened the box today I had only see pretty small pics of it and nothing really detailing the insides with the exception of one or two of the suits pictured in Takara SF Land book for example. At one point I had entertained the idea of being able to build this set piece by piece but roughly 15 years into that attempt I had 2 capes and one figure. Enjoy!

hypnotator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is little coverage of the Power Up set because it's bloody rare! But I expect you know that and paid accordingly. Beautiful pix, Dokuro, and probably and unrivalled source of them. thanks for sharing!
dokuroking

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Hypno, amazingly I think I got it at a pretty low cost relatively. As many friends will attest I'm a cheap bastard at toy collecting.
GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I assume you got it online? I've been staring at a powerup set somewhere online and always wanted better pix.
Man, looks like your figures are fully weaponized! Very Happy
KB

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great score, really interesting to see the power up set.
Neutron X

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great find! I think I read every Rom comic that ever came out. Congrats on Micro set never seen but totally get why you have wanted it for so long!
dokuroking

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No actually my friend found it and haggled it way down at a toy show in New Jersey knowing that I've been on the hunt.

GUYx1 wrote:
Can I assume you got it online? I've been staring at a powerup set somewhere online and always wanted better pix.
dokuroking

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only seen small pics of it really before so up close the contents were still kind of a mystery until it arrived.

GUYx1 wrote:
dokuroking

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got all of the Rom comics but haven't gotten around to reading them yet. Actually I couldn't bring myself to buy the Hulk wedding issue that a spaceknight appears in haha. But all others yes.
Neutron X wrote:
Great find! I think I read every Rom comic that ever came out. Congrats on Micro set never seen but totally get why you have wanted it for so long!
micromanzone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is an amazing set! I scored one myself this past year. If you have ever had to explain the relationship between Mego Micronauts and the Takara Microman, this is the prefect set to explain it all. Cooler “Time Travellers” with better gear. I saw this exact set when I was about 10 in a toy store in Greenwich Village here in NYC and nearly gasped. Didn’t have enough money to buy it at the time, but now I finally scored it. And happy to see other Micro-fans have as well.
dokuroking

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never got to see any Microman as a kid. I had only a few pieces myself. My aunt however had a massive collection that I could always play with and check out. I don't think there is a lot of them in the US or probably existing all together any more at all. I've only seen a handful over the years for sale at all.

micromanzone wrote:
It is an amazing set! I scored one myself this past year. If you have ever had to explain the relationship between Mego Micronauts and the Takara Microman, this is the prefect set to explain it all. Cooler “Time Travellers” with better gear. I saw this exact set when I was about 10 in a toy store in Greenwich Village here in NYC and nearly gasped. Didn’t have enough money to buy it at the time, but now I finally scored it. And happy to see other Micro-fans have as well.
micromanzone

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, FWIW the Yen to Dollar ratio back in the 1970s was about 270 to 300 to the dollar. That’s part of the reason there were so many non-collectors stores selling imported Japanese stuff: It was so cheap after the exchange rate kicked in. So I know a few of those were sold domestically in NYC at the time. Who got them and if they are still around? Who knows.
dokuroking

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine there are probably still bits and pieces floating around. I think I'd like to still continue slowly working on a loose set as well haha.
monolith

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the two toys-you did have a good toy day!
I have a Rom, too, but I don't have any of the weapons for him.
I also have the Microman Power Up set, but yours is a little nicer than mine; I'm missing one of the capes in my set.
sf1378

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dokuroking wrote:
I never got to see any Microman as a kid. I had only a few pieces myself. My aunt however had a massive collection that I could always play with and check out. I don't think there is a lot of them in the US or probably existing all together any more at all. I've only seen a handful over the years for sale at all.

micromanzone wrote:

Your Aunt sounds cool. How old was she when she collected them? How much did the Microman set cost you?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> show us yer guts All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: