visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
fragile reissue king walders....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> general henshin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyborgbushcricket

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: fragile reissue king walders.... Reply with quote

take care with those reissue walders and cyborgs, a red walder of mine fell over on shelf and the peg that connects the upper and lower part of the upper arm snapped !! seems that plastic isnt as durable as it should be for a connecting peg. Mad

That coupled with my rather opaque and cracking purple walder due to his dokuroking costume being particularly rich in volatiles when new is making my collection look rather beaten.
KB

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame about your walders.

Alas the Henshin Collection never seemed to get the quality right, crappy plastic and loose joints.
GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly why I love the 1998-1999 figures.
The Quality and design was there, but people wanted the Originals.
By the time these reissues in the original body type came out, many toylines were having Quality control issues.

At least they are holding up better than the Palisades Microsnauts.
Can you use any reissue action man parts to repair them?
dokuroking

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shonen Cyborg/ Waruda Jr.'s really got it right though. Really high quality and vintage design. I wish the full sizes came out with that same production level. Guy is totally right. From information I've recieved many of the QC issues were likely due to experimentation with new, less petroleum reliant plastics some of which worked others which failed miserably in the short run.

I'm really very anti Palisades as well.

GUYx1 wrote:
By the time these reissues in the original body type came out, many toylines were having Quality control issues.

sf1378

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GUYx1 wrote:

Really wouldn't use repro Action Man parts to repair them! The quality on those are pretty hit and miss too and the same issue with plastics used has led to joints limbs cracking or parts breaking, another things the glue they used for the adhesion of flocking on heads, it reacted badly and the hair comes off at a mere push of the thumb...crap quality. I blame Alan Hall really for that. He wanted a product but without the durability of the original and still make a shitload of profit. Hes a cunt really-when I wanted to return items he'd kick up a song and dance and have a moan but apparently had no probs with other buyers-due to them making larger orders probably....I somehow doubt the 40th AM stuff will last much like the originals have-even a damaged original can be restored to former glory with ease.

Saying that, some production runs were better than others and I've had few probs with them....still, Alan Hall, if your reading this.....your a cunt.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> general henshin All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: