visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Assembleborg.net is up and running!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder approved non-cyborg toys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red_2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys!

Just got this box in today from my friend in Tokyo!
Man, so much better than paying buyers fees.

(Excuse the iPhone pics.)

Plain packaging:

The Trio:

Heads:

Love this guys face!

I can't decide on this guys nick name. Either Testicle Head or Cleavage Face? Crazy!!

Came with a mini XO. Limited movement. Kinda stuck in a very Riverdance type pose.

More pics when I remove them from the packaging!
Red_2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hey! Check outs my new boots!"

hypnotator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice score, Red! Get assembling! If you get enough regular Borgs you can use the spares to swap out all the joints on the little freebie figure and make him less Michael Flatley.
Red_2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working on it right now, Hypno!

I came to the same revelation when I opened up the XO and noticed the tiny joints in there!

I have minimal experience with posing Revoltech figures so I spent most the day yesterday learning how to pose and manipulate the XO.

Great stuff!
Hotmitts

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good haul! Love the AB figures.

....talking of Tristrikers, and big boots..that's not the figure you folks were talking about though? Or is it?
Edit - that is the one isn't it, at first I thought it was 'Cyber' with some new bits but he's a milky clear, and this is 'clear' clear.
dokuroking

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that is the regular release Tristriker. The vehicle comes with a figure that can be combined. There are pics of the others (at leats in vehicle mode) in the checklist:

http://visibleinnards.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1592

Hotmitts wrote:
Good haul! Love the AB figures.

....talking of Tristrikers, and big boots..that's not the figure you folks were talking about though? Or is it?
Edit - that is the one isn't it, at first I thought it was 'Cyber' with some new bits but he's a milky clear, and this is 'clear' clear.
Neutron X

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need SoME HELP.Does anyone know if the joints for these figures would work on these?

These magnetic toys weren't made very well and magnets are weak so I would like to customize them. They are roughly 4-5 inches high.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotmitts, yes, the Tristriker comes with a unique figure, the only properly clear transparent one in the series. I only realised this recently and ordered one. You get a pair of regular clear AB feet as well with the figure, but I love those silver brogues!
Time has not permitted me to do a review but the head is highly reminiscent of the Cyborg Rider motorcycle set. Itís a big headlight, basically.
Neutron, not sure of the AB joints will work with those figures. AB joints are not magnetic but rely on a peg that fits onto a hole system.
Neutron X

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping to Dremil out joints and replace with pegs. My big question is what size are the joints?
dokuroking

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They come in several sizes. I'm sure there is something that would work for those. See here:

http://www.assembleborg.net/01_blastoff/product/lineup.html#joint

Neutron X wrote:
I was hoping to Dremil out joints and replace with pegs. My big question is what size are the joints?
dokuroking

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be getting a package within the next few weeks with a lot of assemble borg included. I can shoot some pics then to hold you over for the Hypno full review.

hypnotator wrote:
Hotmitts, yes, the Tristriker comes with a unique figure, the only properly clear transparent one in the series. I only realised this recently and ordered one. You get a pair of regular clear AB feet as well with the figure, but I love those silver brogues!
Time has not permitted me to do a review but the head is highly reminiscent of the Cyborg Rider motorcycle set. Itís a big headlight, basically.
Neutron, not sure of the AB joints will work with those figures. AB joints are not magnetic but rely on a peg that fits onto a hole system.
dokuroking

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what are those btw?

Neutron X wrote:
Need SoME HELP.Does anyone know if the joints for these figures would work on these?

These magnetic toys weren't made very well and magnets are weak so I would like to customize them. They are roughly 4-5 inches high.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ball parts of the joints vary in size, but all the pegs are 3mm diameter. I recently drilled holes in my Daitetoku Build Dokuroking to fit the AB joints and they needed a little superglue around the insides to make them nice and snug. It's a shame to lose the magnetism though.
Neutron X

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dokuroking wrote:
what are those btw?

Neutron X wrote:

These were Dollar store Knock Offs that came out several years back. Before the whole China lead thing, now there are no more cool KOs showing up. Luckily I picked up several for cusotmizing. I was thinking of replacing magnets but like the idea of adding joints better. Repost Pic. They came in bright colors and blah colors. Maybe I should use elastic cord to string them?
dokuroking

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're pretty cool looking. Do the joints work with Magnemo joints?

Neutron X wrote:
dokuroking wrote:
what are those btw?

Neutron X wrote:

These were Dollar store Knock Offs that came out several years back. Before the whole China lead thing, now there are no more cool KOs showing up. Luckily I picked up several for cusotmizing. I was thinking of replacing magnets but like the idea of adding joints better. Repost Pic. They came in bright colors and blah colors. Maybe I should use elastic cord to string them?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder approved non-cyborg toys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: