visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Johnathon Ross - TV show
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder general
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hypnotator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, whatever you think of Wossy, and my feelings are mixed, he did get Muton and Super A onto prime time telly. I was a bit concerned about how casually he was handling such valuable collectors’ items, but I suppose he can afford to chuck them around or even in the bin.

He’s letting the side down, though – he’s lost weight.

It was an enjoyable show, and I’m really pleased Guy will get the chance to see it.
sf1378

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KB wrote:
Guy I taped it, if you want the tape let me know (PAL VHS).

Just finished watching it and it was good fun. Lots of toy ads and interviews with toy makers. The revelation for me was the Johnny Seven One Man Army gun, I've got the pistol from it which is really cool, but my brother who had it before I came along never told me it was part of a bigger gun. That thing was pretty awsome, like somthing out of a Schwarzanegger film or aliens, yet in the 60s.

Some of the "talking head" celebraties who give us their scripted memories can be irritating (witness Stan's bad reaction), especially when all they are doing is slagging things off, stupid talentless un-creative fuckers.

As Stan says nice to see Bob Brechin is still about. The big Green Robot Hypno mentions seemed to have had a fireing hand and there was a blue Jumbo Machinder type robot as well.

Even is Cyborgs didn't feature, good on Ross for sneaking in Muton and the Super Android A.

No thanks, watching 'The Little Polar Bear: The Mysterious Island' is therapy enough...

Laughing

I expect the lack of things like Muton etc is based on lack of knowledge about it....You could say leaving out LittleBigMan or MAC/Action Jack was a travesty....they went for the 'big names'-I'm a fan of toys, hence remembering things like Mastermind-which was SHITE and KERPLUNK which was fucking skill! IN ITS ORIGINAL THERMOS FLASKED SHAPED TUBE FORM AND NOT THE NEW VERSION CRAP....its like that really.

Must admit, the Shogun Warriors are a bit naff, you couldn't pose them!
hypnotator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toy culture is such a minority thing here in Britain that people just haven't heard of these things. I remember when I was 13, trying to explain to a girl that I had a crush on that the Six Million Dollar Man figure is not an Action Man. She said, I bought one for my little brother, I looked in the box, he's an Action Man. To most British people, any action figure equals Action Man.
I can't believe Matt Mason made it in at all. I can just picture Wossy saying, I'll do your programme if you let me cover my favourites, Cyborg and Matt Mason, and the producers saying, what the fuck? we never heard of those. Okay, you can do your stupid little astronaut, I suppose it has historical relevance, but the one with the visible innards is OUT!
Alex77

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched it with my friend and it was fun to sit and reminisce, chat through the my little pony segment etc. Girls have the wierdest toys...

Kudos to Rossy for sneaking a few of his favourites in there, I thought he wouldn't be able to resist flashing his toy "expert" credentials.
sf1378

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he knew folks like us would be watching hence them being in his hands....we recognise good toys. Cool

The Johnny Seven one man army gun could easily be sold today and would work in todays market. I did think Andy MacNab-even though hes 'ard' looked a total twat in his balaclava....I remember seeing him on t.v. in the late 90s without any disguises on....
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder general All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: