visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Johnathon Ross - TV show
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder general
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex77

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Johnathon Ross - TV show Reply with quote

Greetings to you all!

Just seen an advertisement for another one of those "100 greatest...." shows on Channel 4 next weekend (UK). Yawn.

However, it's "The 100 greatest Toys", and it's hosted by Johnathon Ross. He's on the advert surrounded by, and extolling the virtues of toys.

It's a lot to hope, but I wonder if he'll be showing off his collection at all. To add gravity to his toy-lover claims.....
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah I saw a trailer for that and promptly forgot. Ross was goofing around with a Barbie and Ken. My missus was saying, oh check it out, and I was grumbling that he won't show any Cyborgs I reckon, if it's based on public vote. But who knows, and I'll be watching it anyway.
GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hypno, is there any way you could tape that for me? I can play/convert PAL video...
hypnotator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have telly recording facility, unfortunately. If it's BBC then it'll probably be on the Iplayer site afterwards, but I've got a feeling all those "100 greatest" shows are ITV. It migh come up on Youtube.

Can anyone else help?
sf1378

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I expect it'll have something absolutely CRAP at number 1....like Pokey-Baku-Power, whatnot....

He'll slag off Action Man....I hate Rossy...he's a smug, overpaid FAT CUNT.
GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We he was fun when he wanted to get cyborgs off of you.
Those were the days.
Alex77

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I'm too lo-tech to be of any help with recording I have neither VCR or DVD recorder etc. I think it's on Channel 4, not sure if he plays with the BBC anymore....

SF that's a bit harsh!! I think his interviewing technique's a bit obnoxious. But he's done some OK stuff (Really Strange Film Show in the 80's)

Also, we have a good independent comic shop in my city that was facing real difficulties due to an incompetent construction company blocking access to the arcade it's sited in. Rossy was really vocal in publicy shaming them into pulling their fingers out. I can't knock him for that!

I can't see cyborg / microman featuring in the public vote, but if they cover transformers, they might do a bit of the Takara origin story...
sf1378

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He used to be cool.....back in the 1980s when he did a late night show on Channel 4-can't remember the name but it was funny and there was a segment called 'Knock Down Ginger' based on the game kids used to play....Hes a twat now though and yep, his interviewing style is irritatingly obnoxious except when he interviews someone from a background hes actually interested in-i.e. sci fi....And hes got FAT.
dokuroking

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone can record it you can likely just hack your dvd player to play pal.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
....And hes got FAT.

What’s wrong with that, you skinny cunt? Very Happy

Here’s what you missed, Guy: a brief flash of Muton and Super A, not as part of the “voted-for” toys, or even mentioned, but in shot literally for a couple of seconds. Major Matt Mason got a slot as a “voted-for” toy in the 90s of the top 100 chart (I wonder if Wossy pulled some strings here) and he took great pleasure in showing off what appeared to be his own personal collection. He had Callisto with no accessories, Scorpio with no accessories or arm and shin guards, all of the astronauts I think, and a nice selection of vehicles and accessories.

It was a three hour show covering 100 “toys”, so each slot was quite brief, three minutes or so. Board games, bikes and consoles were all included as toys, which thinned things down. Britain is not a nation of toy lovers. Lego got the No. 1 spot.

Other action figures that got a slot included Action Man, Star Wars figures, He-Man, Ninja Turtles and Ben 10. Ravin’ Bonkers (British name for Rock ‘em Sock ‘em) got a slot in the 90s.

I tried in vain to get my friend to record this for you, Guy – sorry.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They did Transformers, too; how could I forget?

Here is the Transformers and Star Wars segment up on Youtube already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUnCUighpxE

Hopefully more will follow. The Muton glimpse was right at the start of the show, and the Super A right at the end.
sf1378

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypnotator wrote:
Quote:
....And hes got FAT.

What’s wrong with that, you skinny cunt? Very Happy

Here’s what you missed, Guy: a brief flash of Muton and Super A, not as part of the “voted-for” toys, or even mentioned, but in shot literally for a couple of seconds. Major Matt Mason got a slot as a “voted-for” toy in the 90s of the top 100 chart (I wonder if Wossy pulled some strings here) and he took great pleasure in showing off what appeared to be his own personal collection. He had Callisto with no accessories, Scorpio with no accessories or arm and shin guards, all of the astronauts I think, and a nice selection of vehicles and accessories.

It was a three hour show covering 100 “toys”, so each slot was quite brief, three minutes or so. Board games, bikes and consoles were all included as toys, which thinned things down. Britain is not a nation of toy lovers. Lego got the No. 1 spot.

Other action figures that got a slot included Action Man, Star Wars figures, He-Man, Ninja Turtles and Ben 10. Ravin’ Bonkers (British name for Rock ‘em Sock ‘em) got a slot in the 90s.

I tried in vain to get my friend to record this for you, Guy – sorry.

Why-ARE YOU A FAT CUNT? Laughing

Yeah, saw the show-Rossy was on form and wasn't in his segwaying irritating cunt mode and more focused....He also had one of the massive Shogun Warriors which wasn't featured but he was playing something like Trivial Pursuit with him....definitely from his own collection, as was the 12'' Android A and I presume the other one in his other hand was WALDER...?

Lego deserved the top spot. Love the stuff. Did you know, there are OVER 4 BILLION LEGO FIGURES in the world so that would make the little fuckers the biggest ethnic group on the planet if they where human!!!

I'd love to see a prog about Action Man as Bob Brechin is still alive....seeing the line at number 20 shows how tastes have changed and how many younger kids toys are now nearer the top-couldn't stand the crap about Wii, PSP 1 and 2, Nintendo etc...fucking hate that shite....WE had real toys-stuff we could fuck around with and not grow fat sat down all goggle-eyed all day playing some wanky game....duh.

While I can see Kevin MacClouds love of Airfix it pissed me off when he slated Action Man, yeah, sure he didn't like it but compared to computer games today at least you could have a real sense of imagination with Action Man stuff as well as Airfix-well, build the sodding thing then set fire to a wing and chuck it out the top window and make that crashing 'NEEEEEE-----OOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW' noise and voices of a pilot trying to bail out but can't as his legs are fucking trapped, on fire and the cockpit latches are also FOOOOKED hence the fucker crashes, burns and dies....

If you think about it, you could play with 12'' Walder etc and Action Man, same size....duh!

I also liked the bit about teddies, you could genuinely see the owners love for their childhood friends.
sf1378

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypnotator wrote:
They did Transformers, too; how could I forget?

Here is the Transformers and Star Wars segment up on Youtube already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUnCUighpxE

Hopefully more will follow. The Muton glimpse was right at the start of the show, and the Super A right at the end.

Marc Dolan-don't you just want to punch him????! Laughing
hypnotator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why-ARE YOU A FAT CUNT?

Yes!

Was that a Jumbo Shogun? I was trying to place it but I never saw that one before. He also had the big green robot with the piano teeth – I can’t remember his name but he’s on the cover of the Toys of the Sixties book. Mister something or other.

That was a 12” Android Super A (or Chojin) he was playing with right at the end. He had Scorpio from the Major Matt Mason line in his other hand. I didn’t see any Walders as such, just the Muton perched in the foreground right at the beginning. I’ve seen pix of Wossy’s Henshin Cyborg collection in his office, though (I think there’s a link on this forum) and he has pretty much everything, the affluent bastard.

Yep I agree Lego was the obvious and deserving winner, and including consoles as toys is stretching definitions a bit.

Quote:
While I can see Kevin MacClouds love of Airfix it pissed me off when he slated Action Man, yeah, sure he didn't like it but compared to computer games today at least you could have a real sense of imagination with Action Man stuff as well as Airfix-well, build the sodding thing then set fire to a wing and chuck it out the top window and make that crashing 'NEEEEEE-----OOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW' noise and voices of a pilot trying to bail out but can't as his legs are fucking trapped, on fire and the cockpit latches are also FOOOOKED hence the fucker crashes, burns and dies....

I can get you help…
KB

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy I taped it, if you want the tape let me know (PAL VHS).

Just finished watching it and it was good fun. Lots of toy ads and interviews with toy makers. The revelation for me was the Johnny Seven One Man Army gun, I've got the pistol from it which is really cool, but my brother who had it before I came along never told me it was part of a bigger gun. That thing was pretty awsome, like somthing out of a Schwarzanegger film or aliens, yet in the 60s.

Some of the "talking head" celebraties who give us their scripted memories can be irritating (witness Stan's bad reaction), especially when all they are doing is slagging things off, stupid talentless un-creative fuckers.

As Stan says nice to see Bob Brechin is still about. The big Green Robot Hypno mentions seemed to have had a fireing hand and there was a blue Jumbo Machinder type robot as well.

Even is Cyborgs didn't feature, good on Ross for sneaking in Muton and the Super Android A.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder general All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: