visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Instant Henshin Cyborg Collection

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> auctions to watch...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KB

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Instant Henshin Cyborg Collection Reply with quote

This is a good collection up for sale, even has a Blue Walder.

Though to be honest, half the fun is in tracking things down. I'd feel a bit cheated if I just went out and bought something like this

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w57715748
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's lazy on the part of the seller. Buying a job lot like this is too expensive for most people, and the kind of hard core collector who would actually stump up this kind of money would be likely to have some of the items already. It probably works out as a bargain and maybe you could even buy the lot and sell the items on individually at profit. But the seller could have made more money if they could just be bothered to list the items separately. I for one would have bid on the Satan King.

Here is a similar whole collection sale of monster model kits on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Model-Kit-Collection-Aurora-Billiken-Bandai-AMT-/140489152782?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b5ce590e
It's been up for ages. Again there are some items I would bid on if they were listed separately. The seller is too lazy to even photograph the lot.

The opposite is just as annoying, when someone has an incomplete Micronauts Battle Cruiser so they list every single damn part as a separate item for a couple of bucks each. It makes for pages and pages of scrolling.
KB

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lot went for 300,000 Yen, which I make to be about $3k or 2k.

Can't make up my mind if that was good value or not. The Blue Walder usually goes for 100,000 Yen, but the others?

Suspect that compared to 10 years ago when Jap collectors were going mad for this stuff its a good deal
GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a better deal for THEM. Outside of Japan the yen conversion is still quite awful.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> auctions to watch... All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: