visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Twilight Zone Mego 1/9 figures

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder approved non-cyborg toys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Twilight Zone Mego 1/9 figures Reply with quote

Seeing as these are in scale to the UK cyborg, I thought I'd post pix.

I am meaning to take pix of Muton in the bathrobe, but have not gotten around to it yet.
Neutron X

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twilight figs looks cool. I was wondering what they looked like out of the package.
KB

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Blue Walder Jnr with the Shonen engine.

Not seen the Twilight figs before.

"I am meaning to take pix of Muton in the bathrobe, but have not gotten around to it yet."

Wear what you want Guy, but just take the pics.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful pix, Guy. I particularly like the way the furry oneís hood comes off. I wish my knowledge of the Twilight Zone episodes was better, but isnít he the one who sits on the wing of the plane? I remember the movie version of it better, with the stop motion dragon, but this guy is a much cooler monster. I canít remember whether Shatner is in the movie or original TV episode of this story.
They did some 12Ē Twilight Zone figures a few years ago and I remember having a good look in the shop. They were nicely done and I almost got my wallet out. They did one called Ebonite Guard who was a nice design.
Itís curious that they did these in black and white. I suppose it gives them the option to re-release them in colour.
GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point I'm rather pleased with the B&W look. The offshore company making the FLESH heads bade them translucent and waxy.
Something that could have been resolved with a full fleshtone paint job (as in the prototypes).

The result was rather Ghastly, but no one will talk about it on the Mego Forum. Everything is too close to home.

The good thing is that the TZ, venture & monster figures are all at Toys R us for $20 each, so at least they are cheaper and easier to obtain then their sideshow 1/6 scale 12" counterparts.
monolith

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos.
I just went to a toy show and picked up a couple of those Twilight Zone figures. Billy Mumy was at the show signing autographs .Not only did he play Will Robinson on Lost In Space but he was in one of my favorite Twilight Zone's where he played a powerful kid who could wish people into the cornfield. Did you know he was going to play Eddie Munster but his parents didn't want him to take a part where his face might be obscured by make up.
Also, did you know he plays guitar and was half of Barnes and Barnes who did that song "Fish heads" - great stuff.
Alex77

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those TZ figures are really cool, What a great idea. Thanks for posting pix Guy. Do you know which episodes they are from? I can't place the skull-faced guy in the robe...

Hypno it's Shatner in the TV version, John Lithgow in the 80's movie. There's a cool technique where they fitted Lithgow with fake inflatable eyes that literally "pop" when he sees the beast! I always remember my dad showing me it in slo-motion on the VCR...

Monolith, that story with Billy Mumy was re-made in the movie too, I've never seen the original episode. Did they do the freakish giant rabbit scene in that too?
GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In The Masks, Jason Foster (on his death bead) makes all his money grubbing relatives wear masks which represent their negative traits.
Jason chooses death for his own mask.
When the relatives remove their hideous masks,
well, they get what they deserve...

monolith

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex77 wrote:

Monolith, that story with Billy Mumy was re-made in the movie too, I've never seen the original episode. Did they do the freakish giant rabbit scene in that too?

It's been a while since I've seen it. I remember he's watching cartoons throughout the episode and there may have been a rabbit.
Does anyone else remember the rabbit from the original?

I'll have to re watch it. The episode is called ITS A GOOD LIFE.
GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the rabbit from the MOVIE version.

I don't remember the rabbit from the original though.

SEND HIM TO THE CORNFIELD ANTHONY!!!!!
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also, did you know he plays guitar and was half of Barnes and Barnes who did that song "Fish heads" - great stuff.

Wow I always thought Barnes and Barnes were real twins called Barnes, but I just looked it up and you're right; it was Mumy and his friend. I love "Boogie Woogie Amputee".
Hotmitts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy m-m-m-m-multiple Miss Piggy.

I'd like to see more of the 'Esqueleton fighter's'
monolith

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can't read, but he sure can shoot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTCdhc7pyRQ&NR=1
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder approved non-cyborg toys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: