visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
AIRFIX EAGLES-A FEW SURPRISES.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder approved non-cyborg toys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sf1378

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant, so we know DR WAR did go into production.

Lee-can you email me with any other photos/links you have? Thanks.

Does DR WARS helmet come off?

I bought some of the Plasty/Airfix ACTION STARS the other day, mint in box examples, 6 figures:

SAFARI HUNTER,
ROAD WORKER,
CONSTRUCTION SITE WORKER,
RED INDIAN,
GERMAN RIOT POLICE,
RED INDIAN CHIEF.

Those where all the figures the seller had. I am planning on buying more...I'd love to own DR WAR....
sf1378

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gort wrote:
Nice resource post, Stan.

As far a Dr War goes, I know of two examples that have come up, both from overseas auctions (one was France, the other I don't know exactly) so I'd guess the figure was released under one of these lines.

Anyone has Dr War for sale/trade I'm interested.

Many thanks for the photo posted Gort.
sf1378

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KB wrote:
Excellent - a positive sighting of DR War, though not in the UK.

As Stan said General Mills ended up owning Palitoy and airfix, and also Denys Fisher. When they stopped making toys the archive was donated to the museum of childhood. Their collection is starting to be searchable on the net - though limited pictures.

They do have samples for the Eagle Tower, though no indication it was released.
This is just a record card - no picture
http://collections.vam.ac.uk/item/O40134/eagles-equipment-eagle-tower/

Also lot of the comic strip art work for the adventure set boxes - again just record cards, no images.

One of the record cards is for the Eagles Exterminator - anyone think what the might be?

As an aside it would appear Denys Fisher had a Cyborg Jaguar and a Cyborg station, as Palitoy donated them to the museum. Shame they never made them for the UK
Again just record cards, no pictures
http://collections.vam.ac.uk/item/O46979/animal-cyborg-jaguar/
http://collections.vam.ac.uk/item/O47829/electronic-case-cyborg-station-cx1/

It really annoys me when sites like that don't upload images-they can't be arsed. They should do it....cunts.

That aside, I have always wanted to see the 1984 proposed radically changed relaunch of Palitoy Action Man prototypes and concept art, only seen the Jeep and Driver and some sort of soldier in Ian Harrisons book. I'm sure they have all that stuff hidden away....
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Stan! You didn't upload any images either. KB and Gort did it for you. Very Happy

Looks like Dr. War's helmet does indeed come off. But what is his face like underneath? Perhaps it's... horribly disfigured...

I'm intrigued by those links to the Museum of Childhood. Is this the one at Bethnal Green? Do the listings mean they have these items on display? I used to drop by regularly a few years ago when my mate lived nearby. I was really pissed off when the Time Traveler and Baron Karza got removed from display and I stopped going.
sf1378

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypnotator wrote:
But Stan! You didn't upload any images either. KB and Gort did it for you. Very Happy

Looks like Dr. War's helmet does indeed come off. But what is his face like underneath? Perhaps it's... horribly disfigured...

I'm intrigued by those links to the Museum of Childhood. Is this the one at Bethnal Green? Do the listings mean they have these items on display? I used to drop by regularly a few years ago when my mate lived nearby. I was really pissed off when the Time Traveler and Baron Karza got removed from display and I stopped going.

No, I didn't post up fucking photos I trapsed the sodding internet and found a vast array of sites and put the links up so everyone on here could see the pics and also the sites they came from....

Rolling Eyes
KB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypnotator wrote:

This is the V&A Museum of Childhood at Bethnal Green.

The listings are records cards - if you look through them most of the locations are given as "In Store" - so not on display.

Type in Micronauts and you'll find they have quite a big collection in storage.

The museum is undertaking a three year project to digitise their archive and put it on the web. I assume these records are the first part of the project as they didn't have them 6 months ago. Hopefully the pictures will follow, along with copies of documents.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Stan, I was only on a windup! It's a great thread.

It saddens me that the museum of childhood has all this cool stuff stored away. I'd like to think that one day they intend to display it all, but it seems that the opposite is happening, given the trend for removing Micronauts from display. It's the biggest toy museum I've ever seen, too, with cases and cases of girls' dolls and loads of Victorian dolls' houses. The one big concession to boys' action figures is the Action Man display, with vehicles and equipment, all really badly posed and tucked away in a low case under a stairway.
sf1378

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know hypo...I didn't add an Laughing did I...

Your bum smells...so does a lady lecturer of mine, she passed me in the Lecture hall and had that sweaty unclean bum smell....AND shes got a very visible moustache....white hair on her balding head and a brown tache....I kid you all not...

Don't get excited Hypo!

I'm awaiting my Action Stars to arrive....I'd like to buy some of the mini sets with tents and the like...I'd also like to get some fookin' Eagles figures and kit next.
sf1378

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Action Stars arrived today! Laughing

They are super cool.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pix!
BAZ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!!! Excellent stuff Stan!
LOVED "Eagles" as a kid.
Still do I guess...
sf1378

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Baz. Glad you like but credit should go to the chaps who posted all the sites pics in the first place. Had to be said but I'll happily and smugly take FULL CREDIT on this forum for creating this topic...fnar, fnarrrrrrrr.....

Btw, I didn't see the point of posting pics of my Action Stars as the pics of those figures are in the links anyhow from other sites.

The other day I did buy my FIRST AIRFIX EAGLES figure though, the MEDIC, mint in box, sealed figure and equipment for a grand total of 5.49p!!!!! I emailed an ebayer here in the UK and asked him to sell it to me direct for the list price of 4.99 and the postage....YAYYYYYY!!!!

I am planning on buying some more ACTION STARS from Germany this time for 50 EURO inc postage recorded delivery:

DEEP SEA DIVER,
FROGMAN,
(GERMAN) RIVER POLICE
SKYDIVER,
(COWBOY) SHERIFF,
RED CROSS STATION/TENT-this one has a Army Medic AND a Soldier you can put the bandages on, the accessories are basically the accessory pack from the EAGLES MEDIC add on adventure set but in Army relevant colours....
Alex77

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post, I wasn't aware of any of these, thanks for sharing.

Is Dr. War wearing rubber trousers then?! I like his massive chrome hands, reminds me of one of the Bezerkers from Thundercats.
sf1378

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammerhand wasn't it? Their leader had this BIG ARSE hand didn't he? The figure looked like shite but the cartoon version looked super cool....Thinking about Thundercats, was Third Earth our earth but long in the future at a time when the human race where all but gone and new life had evolved?
gort

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr War update; I have it on good authority that his helmet does come off, and he's got a regular human face underneath.

More pics once I have him in my possession, now does anyone have his missiles or backpack?

sf1378 wrote:

Does DR WARS helmet come off?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder approved non-cyborg toys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: