visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Energer Z

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder approved non-cyborg toys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KB

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Energer Z Reply with quote

Got my Energer Z Soul of Chogokin figure yesterday and he is shit hot. The paint job is awesome, the pictures don't do it justice, a metallic ruby red. The lower legs, trunks, chest shoulders and upper arms are all die cast giving him a solid feel. The forearms attach using magnets and there is a choice of articulating forearms or missile forearms. He's just over 6 inches tall.

The figure is very well engineered. Shoulder and knee Joints articulate on ratchets and have a wide range of movement. Movement of the hips and feet is enhanced by pulling them down to reveal the ball joints.

The elbows joints are in three pieces with a nice little filler plate on the back of the elbow. He also articualtes at the waist and can be twisted round.

Pushing in the cut out in the back of the lower leg limits knee movement for bent leg poses.

This is what you get. A couple of little blokes on motor bikes who sit on his head and drive him. Open hands, closed fists, articulating forearms, missile forearms, a ramp for his back, and a stand.

He was 11 off e-bay with 20 postage from Hong Kong. Even at 30 all in I think he is great value. I think new SOC in the UK are about 44. The same figure in black and silver badged as Mazinger Z is about 60 plus postage. The seller still has a number of them up at the same price, so go on do it, you won't regret it.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops! Did I just drunkenly hit a buy-it-now?

You write a great review, KB. You are clear, concise and you give a great description.

I forgot to mention earlier that SOCs are lovely and heavy when you hold them. It look like they might have improved the articulation on this one.

Only 2 left.
KB

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypnotator wrote:
Oops! Did I just drunkenly hit a buy-it-now?

I'll drink to that.

Be interested to get your view when he arrives Hypno, though I'm confident you will not be disapointed.

I believe they changed the design of the figures with the later Tetsujin 28 (GX44) issue. They then did another Mazinger Z (GX 45) with much more articulation than the earlier releases. A quick colour change and a tweak to the accessories and that gave us Energer Z. Though I suspect the collectors were at saturation point as far as Mazingers go and as the Energer Z is based on a relatively recent cartoon he may not have sold that well to the old school Mazinger/Chogokin fans. Looks like he's deadstock at the moment. Ah, deadstock, all those things we should have bought.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder approved non-cyborg toys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: