visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
KWII poster
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> general henshin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hypnotator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the one with Charles Burns and Los Bros. Hernandez too?

Maybe I'm as fucked up as Crumb, but I think the hairy girl is beautiful. Yeah my missus doesn't agree either. It's not quite the same hairy girl as Yeti from the Whiteman strip, but I think that story is beautiful too. At first he is repulsed at Yeti (there is a wonderful scene where she pre-chews his food), but he learns to love her so deeply that he gives up civilization.

I love the blanks expressions on the guys' faces too, like newborn children.
Alex77

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the genius of crumb, that he can draw you into his oddball fantasies, through his story telling. There's a couple of his other stories that illustrate male neurosis beautifully. There's one with a girl with no head, that is just totally wrong, and yet...

Yeah, that's the one. Comic Book Confidential I would reccomend to anyone, with even the vaguest interest in comics, it's got a lot of the leading alt comix legends in it, theres a really nice Harvey Pekar moment in it where he narrates one of his own stories about his music collection taking over his life, which I can relate to!
hypnotator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That wasn't just any girl with no head, that was Cheryl Borck, Devil Girl! She's Crumb's best character ever. I think she was put there to teach us all (Flakey too) that we want what we can't have and what we know will destroy us. I was disappointed by her absence from the latest Flakey and Natural stories.

My favourite bit in Comics Confidential was Charles Burns reading Curse of the Mole Men.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> general henshin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: