visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Enterprise...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder general
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex77

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Enterprise... Reply with quote

Is anyone here a fan of Star Trek Enterprise? I know there was a lot of criticism levelled at it, mainly the god-awful theme song.

I'd resisted watching the last season after I'd heard how the last episode panned out. Anyhow, I put that aside and had been enjoying how the series was developing, especially with the Terran Empire episodes which were absolutely amazing. I sat down last night to sit through the last episode and sure enough there was that smug, neckless, bearded fucker, Ryker squatting down on his haunches to curl a seemingly endless pipe of shit all over it's finale. What an insult to the cast and crew. I really wish I hadn't watched it.

I never really liked the Next Generation, due to it's lack of atmosphere, comparatively cheap looking sets (even for the time) and absolute wank design aesthetic. Hated Deep Space Nine, thought Voyager was OK.

Has anyone else experienced this post-finale Ryker hatred? and is there an effective form of therapy available for sufferers of said rage.

Anyhow, yes I am a cunt.
sf1378

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a wank, a cup of tea and eat a Kit Kat....that worked for me. Laughing
Alex77

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried that and scalded my cock, got jizz in my tea, then the chocolate melted from friction and went all over the carpet, and I still don't feel any less bitter
sf1378

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah well, your still a cunt. Laughing
Jackmagic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I grew to like Next Gen, loved Deep Space Nine, hated Voyager and grew to like Enterprise.
Alex77

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think any of them match up to the original series, the old movies have been showing on TV recently, the new stuff lacks the sense of humour they had. Spock neck-pinching a punk on a bus? you can't beat that!
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me the original every time – Spock is the ultimate space dude.

There are just a couple of Next Generation episodes with good stories and I watched the whole lot on the strength of them. Sadly most of them are thin on any real imaginative or challenging content despite having the top budget and actors. They also wallow in sentimentality a bit too often for this old cynic. I haven’t gone near any of the others. Even if I thought they were going to be excellent, I just don’t have time for that much telly.

This web prankster has a good take on the inherent faults of Star Trek:
“I was fearful that your army of Klingon warriors might attack and shoot colourful laser rays at me, causing me to have to land on a planet inhabited by aliens who speak English and look exactly like humans apart from ripples on their nose”

http://www.27bslash6.com/hatemail.html
Alex77

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should definitely be a "subtitle-all-aliens" rule. Don't they put it down to the starfleet universal translator or some such tripe?
Alex77

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Its the little things isn't it Dick, the little things that you found cute in the beginning of our relationship have become the catalyst for this anger. I can change Dick. I can change for you. I love you Dick."

fantastic!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder general All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: