visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Doctor Who season 5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder general
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clone666

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Doctor Who season 5 Reply with quote

Anybody like it? I think Matt Smith is doing an ok job.
It'll take a bit to get used to the new Tardis and screwdriver, but I guess everything had to change eventually. They even changed the Daleks.

hypnotator

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dalek Episode was a weak story but otherwise it's been up to standard. Smith is excellent.
Alex77

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think overall it's been a real improvement. None of that horrible cloying kitchen sink eastenders bollox. The idea that a modern british person couldn't relate to characters that didn't live in a council flat, or speak like Dick Van Dyke.

I don't think it's any coincidence that Moffat wrote the best episodes of the last 4 seasons. Girl in the fireplace was fantastic, as was blink.

Not sure why the Daleks now have big fat arses now though. If they were made from Pure Dalek DNA, wouldn't they look just like the originals from William Hartnell's day?

Matt Smith is a good Doctor Who, reminds me a lot of Peter Davison
fantasticplastic

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen the new Doctor in action yet.
But those Daleks look like toy ones I had as a kid!
Very retro look.
BAZ

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex77 wrote:

Matt Smith is a good Doctor Who, reminds me a lot of Peter Davison

THAT for me is the only problem!!
Davison was a shit stain on the underpants of Dr Who.
I'm still not convinced, but we're still watching. Nice to see the Weeping Angels back again, but Smith's mannerisms are, to me, a cliched hodge podge of every previous Doctor. It's like he's trying too hard.
And I can't understand the revamped Daleks either. They looked like they were made at the BMW Mini factory!
Alex77

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davison wasn't that bad! .... he was no tom baker, but at least he wasn't Sylvester mc-pigfucker-coy, he used to really creep me out.

Matt Smith looks like he's living in fear of being lynched by angry david Tennant fans, there was so much goodwill for the actor, must be hard to live up to that.

He does seem derivative, but at least the role is more Who-ish now than him porking his assistant, then nipping down to the local council block to eat chips and schmooze with the salt-of-the-earth cockneys, and thankfully the farting aliens don't seem to be coming back... yet
sf1378

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Matt Smiths been brilliant. When they first unveiled him as the new WHO I thought.....fuck off....but then I saw him on that cunt Rosseys chit chat fuck wank show and realised he was cat for a good reason as Moffat said: a young looking guy with the manner of a much older man....

I liked the Dalek episode and am glad they've revamped the Dalek look, its time for change. All the complaining makes me think that perhaps the fans would have been happy if the racist fuckwit Hartnell was still in the role...twats, stop complaining.

They do need to iron out the back of the new LEKS as they do seem a tad hunchbacked....

I'm also glad the 'gay agenda' of RTD has been done away with. The episodes so far seem to have an overt if not purposeful hetro slant on them, especially when Amy-I HAVE A MEGA STARE HABIT' Pond tried to fuck the Doc at the end of one episode....ha ha....

I did feel RTD was doing too much to broadcast homosexuality. Yes, its here, and who gives a toss gays, lesbians, bi's are still humans and its nature not nurture at work but a lot of people got tired of RTDs slant on that.....

I hope Jack Harkness doesn't return....he did piss me off.

I have heard that the DOC will be guesting in another Sarah Jane adventure and that Jo Grant will also be in said 2 parter! Apparently some fan thing either: can the Doc turn into a woman or did he and Jo have a thang together will be answered once and for all....Personally, I think the DOC should never become a woman, afterall, there where Time Ladys and its been well over 40 years with him as a dude...I expect if they had wanted to do it they'd have done it way back when in the 1970s....

I like the new Tardis, the new screwdriver as well and I like how Moffat explained the regenerations: 'its the SAME man, just with a different face'.

Very apt. Now, fuck off you smelly bums! Laughing
Clone666

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love everything about the new season. The Dalek episode was weak, but things got back on track with the Weeping Angels episode. I really like how they're tapping into the whole River Song angle again.
Man, I learned a lot of new words from these responses, "cloying kitchen sink eastenders bollox" was a first for me! I remember when Hypno had to explain Baz's "cheesy bellend" to me.

EDIT
I just looked up Eastenders and found it's some BBC Soap Opera or something. I get the above mentioned quote now.
BAZ

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to point out it was my REMARK of a cheesy bellend, NOT in fact MY cheesy bellend.
I saw Smith on Wossie and wasn't impressed.
There's something "suss" about him. I don't like his sideways looks, or the fact he doesn't seem to make eye contact. Either he's seen too many James Dean movies (or watched Rebel Without a Cause endlessly), so is emulating Dean's pouting looking up from a beneath a furled brow, or he realizes he's in over his head.
He probably likes Morrissey too. Big bender.
I also like the River Song element. Interesting to see where it goes.
And as much as applaud "equal opportunities", I'm glad it's not so gay and they didn't choose a Black Doctor.
BUT, I think a female Doctor COULD be interesting!!
hypnotator

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no idea Hartnell was a racist, Stan. Please elucidate. And what’s RTD?
I shouldn’t be surprised to hear such homophobic sentiments in the same post that condemns a racist, but it irks me. I’m afraid the “I don’t mind gays and lesbians but they shouldn’t be on telly” doesn’t cut any ice with me. They NEED to be on telly if only to erode the deep seated prejudice of so many, including you if you think they should have to hide away.
I thought Peter Davison was just too normal as the Doctor, although his episodes had better scripts than the others around that time. I would liken Smith more to Troughton.
Be glad, Clone, that your country does not have Eastenders. Otherwise your wife would be watching it all the time and you would be compelled to leave the room.

Quote:
I would like to point out it was my REMARK of a cheesy bellend, NOT in fact MY cheesy bellend.

So you DO admit that you have one, Baz?
BAZ

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not since Stan got a taste for cheese.
That lad could suck an orange through a hose pipe!
Clone666

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypnotator wrote:
And what’s RTD?
I shouldn’t be surprised to hear such homophobic sentiments in the same post that condemns a racist, but it irks me. I’m afraid the “I don’t mind gays and lesbians but they shouldn’t be on telly” doesn’t cut any ice with me.
Be glad, Clone, that your country does not have Eastenders. Otherwise your wife would be watching it all the time and you would be compelled to leave the room.
So you DO admit that you have one, Baz?

I'm also a bit irked by the homophobia comments myself as I thought we were a progressive society, but people will be people. I for one love Captain Jack.
I think RTD means Russel T. Davis Hypno.
I went and watched a bit of Eastenders on Youtube and yeah, I can see some similarities in terms of the over the top drama. But I really liked that about the past Who seasons.
In regards to Baz's bellend, after his Halloween photos I had my doubts as well Wink
BAZ

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the apparent "homophobia" is out of context.
I think Stan's intentions (and I KNOW he'll correct me if I'm wrong here!)
were to highlight the fact that "alternative lifestyle groups" have been force fed on British society like never before.
The funny thing is, there's ALWAYS been positive gay characters in British TV.
Whether it's Mr Humphreys, Larry Grayson, Charlie Williams, Juliam Clary etc. they have been a staple of entertainment.
NOW, in this new PC indoctrinated society, "special interest" groups have been given more money and attention by the recent Government to forward their.... well.... interests!
To the detriment of the "common man".
Inasmuch as although Brits HAVE been very accepting of "alternative lifestyle groups", there seems to be an overwhelming deluge of groups FORCING their choices on society.
The "we're here, we're queer, get used to it" rallying call of the Stonewall riots has been replaced by "we're here, we're queer and now we want everything to be our way"
It's the same mentality that feeds racism. Immigrants leave their homeland to seek a better life in another country. So, why don't you speak the language of your chosen country? And abide by the laws of the land? Why would you want to go to another country, then demand that country suddenly adopt the culture, laws and religion of the country you CHOSE to leave because you wanted something better??!
Assimilation is essential, but self identity is more important.
The SELF part being the emphasized bit there.
As an immigrant, I feel safe and proud to voice these opinions!!
I LOVE America!!! But loving a country also allows you to dislike a Governments actions.
Erm................... back to the toys.
BAZ

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and I'm a BIG fan of Capt Jack and Torchwood!
sf1378

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAZ wrote:
I think the apparent "homophobia" is out of context.
I think Stan's intentions (and I KNOW he'll correct me if I'm wrong here!)
were to highlight the fact that "alternative lifestyle groups" have been force fed on British society like never before.
The funny thing is, there's ALWAYS been positive gay characters in British TV.
Whether it's Mr Humphreys, Larry Grayson, Charlie Williams, Juliam Clary etc. they have been a staple of entertainment.
NOW, in this new PC indoctrinated society, "special interest" groups have been given more money and attention by the recent Government to forward their.... well.... interests!
To the detriment of the "common man".
Inasmuch as although Brits HAVE been very accepting of "alternative lifestyle groups", there seems to be an overwhelming deluge of groups FORCING their choices on society.
The "we're here, we're queer, get used to it" rallying call of the Stonewall riots has been replaced by "we're here, we're queer and now we want everything to be our way"
It's the same mentality that feeds racism. Immigrants leave their homeland to seek a better life in another country. So, why don't you speak the language of your chosen country? And abide by the laws of the land? Why would you want to go to another country, then demand that country suddenly adopt the culture, laws and religion of the country you CHOSE to leave because you wanted something better??!
Assimilation is essential, but self identity is more important.
The SELF part being the emphasized bit there.
As an immigrant, I feel safe and proud to voice these opinions!!
I LOVE America!!! But loving a country also allows you to dislike a Governments actions.
Erm................... back to the toys.

Thanks Bazmond Wink you've hit the nail on the head with what I was saying there on all points so I don't need to say anything further..... I especially liked the comments you made on immigrants; my parents chose to come to the UK and chose to integrate with English society, within a year or two my late Mum decided it was better to adopt the fashions of Western women and she got rid of her saris and long hair and cut it shorter and wore the styles of clothing women (at that time the early 1970s wore), same goes for my old man, she even bought him nice in style western mens clobber (bless her!), she felt it was better, if indeed respectful to her host country to fit in, talk English etc, etc....

RTD= Russell T Davies......Hes still a twat really, and no, not because hes gay I say that its just a lot of his WHO stories were a bit muddled....and that made him a twat in my eyes.

Yes, Hartnell was an out and out racist. Nicholas Courtney who played Brigadeer Lethbridge-Stuart commented on it in his autobiography, he described Hartnell as an 'extreme nationalist' or someone who 'held extremely nationalistic views'. Hartnell, didn't like: 'coloureds, Jews or Gypsies'....I think thats doubly ironic given the nature of the character he portrayed on screen as Dr Who and as Verity Lambert who produced DR WHO was Jewish herself! I think its awful to think he was as racist as that as millions of kids, irrespective of colour or religeon loved him as a grandfatherly figure with a wonderous nature and a benevolence to all lifeforms on screen....out of all the Dr's, I can't really like him anymore as he had a truly pityful mindset. Yes, he came from a 'time' when abject colonialism had been ingrained into white people but time should have changed the man, and the times he lived in what with the Afro Carribeans coming in the 1950s and the changing face of Britain in the 1960s to the end of his life...I could go on but hes just essentially an ignorant old racist fuck....OK?

Do online searches about it and you'll see.....

Going back to the 'ooh I don't like Stans homophobic retoric? Give over...I don't give a fuck whose gay or not. I've been chatted up by gay men and don't go all apeshit over it, I find it flattering actually but I know I'm not that way inclined. Not many men find themselves comfortable with a homosexual man chatting them up and that says more about their own lack of comfort in their own sexuality. Baz hit the nail on the head with his interpretation of my comments.

And on that note, FUCK OFF YOU SMELLY ARSED CUNTS! Laughing
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder general All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: