visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Wonderfest Winter Kit Pics
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder approved non-cyborg toys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dokuroking

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Wonderfest Winter Kit Pics Reply with quote

I got some kits from Wonderfest that just arrived this week, so I thought I'd share some of the pics:

SVL Skulls Microman Head Replacements:

Gargamel Silver Star:

I always screw up the name of this company but I believe it Daikoku Build or something similar. Here is the Assemble Borg Dokuroking Costume still in pieces:

why 2 sets of shins? I have no idea...

hypnotator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting, Dokuroking. I really appreciate the closeups of what you actually get in that Assemble Borg converter kit. I was seriously thinking of getting this one. The last one up on YJ was 13,900 yen which ain't cheap (plus you gotta get a spare XO figure), but worth it if it's your only chance to own this baby. Looks like there is a lot of work to be put in to making him presentable as well, but I'd be up for it. Maybe I should have got him. Did you pay similar, do you mind me asking? Should I hold out for a better price?

Nice skull heads. I wasn't even aware of those.
dokuroking

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pleasure Hypno. As far as what I paid, a friend of mine obtained this for me from Wonderfestival directly, so I paid the regular price which is roughly half of the YJ current price. There was one on ebay shortly after Wonderfestival for about $75-$80 but I think you probably won't be seeing one in that price range anytime again soon. It seems like double or more is the going rate on these guys in the secondary market. Yes this kit will take quite a bit more work than the average WF kit. These pics are after my first pass trim on the parts. There is a lot of drilling and some other cutting to insert parts such as the back horns and helmet horns. I haven't quite figured out how those attach yet haha.

The skulls are nice in person as well, they came 2 to a pack available in clear or white.
KB

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really cool kits DK thanks for sharing the pics.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed - why four shins?

I reckon cyano acrylate "superglue" will hold this baby's horns on fine but let it harden overnight before puttying the cracks. You mention drilling - does he not have Assemble Borg compatible holes already?
Domu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some WIP pics of my DokuroKing .

It's a nice kit and pretty simple. Not a lot of flashing to remove, which is always nice. The holes do need to be drilled, but it was easier than I thought it would be. (Only one small hole in my finger from where I drilled through the head when making the neck post hole, but that was stupid carelessness on my part.) Still need to fill that hole and a couple of small air bubbles, and then paint.

I attached the head horns using small pegs. The back horns were attached with small Revo joints. I may end up removing the joints and fixing the horns in place with putty.

The kit is really detailed in some places, like the innards. I may slightly modify the face, particularly the mouth. Can't tell in my lousy pics, but the teeth are a little bit weird looking.
dokuroking

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypnotator wrote:
I just noticed - why four shins?

I reckon cyano acrylate "superglue" will hold this baby's horns on fine but let it harden overnight before puttying the cracks. You mention drilling - does he not have Assemble Borg compatible holes already?

I'm not sure why 4 shins hahaha. Yeah that's what I was planning glue wise, actually jewelers super glue. No holes are drilled yet, you've got to do it all yourself.
dokuroking

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice I have to get around to finishing mine. I'll probably take it only as far as yours is now. I don't ever paint my WF kits they're all the original resin color. Likely because I suck at painting haha

Domu wrote:
Here are some WIP pics of my DokuroKing .

It's a nice kit and pretty simple. Not a lot of flashing to remove, which is always nice. The holes do need to be drilled, but it was easier than I thought it would be. (Only one small hole in my finger from where I drilled through the head when making the neck post hole, but that was stupid carelessness on my part.) Still need to fill that hole and a couple of small air bubbles, and then paint.

I attached the head horns using small pegs. The back horns were attached with small Revo joints. I may end up removing the joints and fixing the horns in place with putty.

The kit is really detailed in some places, like the innards. I may slightly modify the face, particularly the mouth. Can't tell in my lousy pics, but the teeth are a little bit weird looking.
Neutron X

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks great once it's cleaned up!
hypnotator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oboy he's a lot more tempting now I see one put together. Very cool!
dokuroking

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally slapped mine together:

hypnotator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks fucking radical! I want one badly now.

Is there a specified fixing place for those spikes on his back? It seems to me they should be on his shoulders according to the design of the original Dokuro King. You've got the head horns pointing the right way, downwards.

Both of these beauties are crying out for a nice paint job. Pics when they are finished, puhleeeease.
Domu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work, Adam!

hypnotator wrote:

Is there a specified fixing place for those spikes on his back? It seems to me they should be on his shoulders according to the design of the original Dokuro King. You've got the head horns pointing the right way, downwards.

Both of these beauties are crying out for a nice paint job. Pics when they are finished, puhleeeease.

There are indentations on the back for the spikes. I may still move mine up the shoulders a bit.

I screwed up the horns on the head by being careless and gluing the first one in without paying attention to the angle. So the second I just did to match. It would be a lot of work, and I'm afraid I'd screw up the rest of the head, to change it now.

I'm terrible at painting, but I'll probably give it a try in the next week or so. I've got an extra Mr. Assemble, so I may do it in Bounty Hunter repaint colors.
dokuroking

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypnotator wrote:

Yeah they should be on his shoulders but I think the issue is maybe with the amount of resin left in the arm socket area, I thought the same, but I decided to play it safe and go with the indentations. Honestly I had to check the angle on my dokuroking when I placed them. I couldn't really remember haha. I also suck at painting stuff. Actually non of the kits I have are painted. Who knows maybe I'll give it a shot eventually though.
dokuroking

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

working on these kits really makes me notice that I should invest in a dremel tool at some point. Trimming with an xacto and drilling with a hand bit makes these quite a bit more work than it probably should be haha.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder approved non-cyborg toys All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: