visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
SVL's Dokuroking II
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> general henshin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
microbry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: SVL's Dokuroking II Reply with quote

Thought you all would enjoy this...

http://svl.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/135/
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice sculpting and he's closely based on the proposed design for the KWII line, but I find those modern reworkings of the vintage kaijin costumes tend to be a bit overdone. Gothic rococo. I really would love to get the basic microforce KWIIs, though. Last I heard they hadn't been made available. Is there any update on that?
bryanarchy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crap those KWII's are amazing. I'd love to get my mitts on them.

Hypno hit it right on the head with 'gothic rococo...' for the DK.
Neutron X

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice stuff!
KB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive, very very impressive. Thanks for the link.
microbry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypnotator wrote:
Nice sculpting and he's closely based on the proposed design for the KWII line, but I find those modern reworkings of the vintage kaijin costumes tend to be a bit overdone. Gothic rococo. I really would love to get the basic microforce KWIIs, though. Last I heard they hadn't been made available. Is there any update on that?

Haven't heard anything myself, no... Sad

I dig it myself, in a Cyborg-meets-Giger kinda way. Smile
dokuroking

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Hypno, I think those were released in WF Summer. I'll have to see if I can dig up the images of them at the show. All of the kits are so limited. Many of them are sold out when the show opens.
cyborgbushcricket

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, i wonder how the customiser got the head design for that KW shadow? maybe just interpreted the photos we originally saw?
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a pretty accurate rendition of Shadow. That is some skilled sculpting by any standards. And it looks like there is an inner brain in the Shadow head at least, if not in all of them.

I'd also like to know how he stripped the paint off the Microforce bodies, as I've been unable to find a decent paint stripper to do the job myself. Or maybe he got four clear Material Force (not cheap) and painted them up with transparent paint.
dokuroking

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to guess that you're right Hypno about the clear bodies being used because either that or it's a damn good match between the head, feet and body. The feet are also custom, it looks like that have toes.
Kikaider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you check further back in his blog, it shows he has made a mold, and casted an entire Material Force figure, and then done in clear (for the clear Walder), so I imagine he could have casted all those bodies in those colors.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, are you saying he cast all the tiny components to make a fully poseable figure? Or just a solid one? Iíve taken those Microforce figures apart and there are some seriously tiny bits.
Kikaider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypnotator wrote:
What, are you saying he cast all the tiny components to make a fully poseable figure? Or just a solid one? Iíve taken those Microforce figures apart and there are some seriously tiny bits.

I am pretty sure he casted them all. If you see in this entry, he has the clear body parts being cast:
http://svl.blog.shinobi.jp/Date/20091127/1/

In an earlier entry he shows that the molded pieces taken out and put together into a flesh colored figure. Ah, here we are....

http://svl.blog.shinobi.jp/Date/20091119/1/
hypnotator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating! All that trouble just to replicate a figure you could just buy and modify.

I ran the second page through the Babelfish to get more insight into his casting methods. He spins that circular mould to get rid of bubbles. He still gets the odd flaw, though, and because he casts all the parts in one mould, if one little bit doesn't cast he has to cast them all again.

He shows the mould under a grill. I'm not sure what's going on there. The other page shows a two part epoxy like the one I use. Why would he need to heat it?

Thanks for these links, Kikaider. Spymagician sent me some links recently to Youtube videos of Sucklord doing his home casts. I don't rate Sucklord's toys much (I love his Micro Sexuals videos, though) but it's interesting to see other home casters at work and the methods they use.
fantasticplastic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypnotator wrote:
Fascinating! All that trouble just to replicate a figure you could just buy and modify.

I ran the second page through the Babelfish to get more insight into his casting methods. He spins that circular mould to get rid of bubbles. He still gets the odd flaw, though, and because he casts all the parts in one mould, if one little bit doesn't cast he has to cast them all again.

He shows the mould under a grill. I'm not sure what's going on there. The other page shows a two part epoxy like the one I use. Why would he need to heat it?

Thanks for these links, Kikaider. Spymagician sent me some links recently to Youtube videos of Sucklord doing his home casts. I don't rate Sucklord's toys much (I love his Micro Sexuals videos, though) but it's interesting to see other home casters at work and the methods they use.

Maybe he is heating the mould under the grill?
This could be for a better flow or to release what he's moulded easier?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> general henshin All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: