visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Cyborg & Android and Cybo-Invader

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> for sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryoden

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Cyborg & Android and Cybo-Invader Reply with quote

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v739/ryoden/Cyborgs/

password = rowan

Hi All,

I have made a decision to sell off all my toy collection, I sold some before Xmas and now am selling the other half. The micronauts have all gone to a collecter in Italy and I thought the people here might be interested in my Cybo-Invader and the accompanying 2 figures that I have with it (I only found this site after I had sold the micros).

The UFO itself is in excellent condition and it's box is in good condition, I have tested all the missile firing components and apart from one of the launchers they are all working perfectly (I think one of the launchers has a small piece of plastic lodged at the rear which is preventing the inserted missile from locking in, it's probably removable but I havent tried yet).

The two figures are in excellent condition except for the androids head which seems to have suffered some paint degredation (on the picture you can see that its more silver on the right side). Both the androids green missiles are present and lock onto his back and launch from his chest cavity, all limbs on both are in working order.

I took some pics which can be accessed from the link above, if you want any more from different angles or poses, let me know. I am in no hurry to sell these off but wanted to see if anyone here was interested before I post elswhere.

With regards to price, I have seen several varying prices bandied about so I will listen to offers if anyone is interested and if not then what you think I should be charging for them elsewhere.

Thanks
Ryo.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That chair needs dusting.
Ryoden

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypnotator wrote:
That chair needs dusting.

Its a computer room, it doesnt get dusted - the wife isnt allowed in there
Razz
walter cooper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!I am interested in buying the clear cyborg if it is still available.Is it a 1/6 scale Henshin/Takera figure?Is the inside gold?Hard for me to tell from the pictures.Many Thanks Walter
Ryoden

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter cooper wrote:
Hello!I am interested in buying the clear cyborg if it is still available.Is it a 1/6 scale Henshin/Takera figure?Is the inside gold?Hard for me to tell from the pictures.Many Thanks Walter

I have had it for over 25 years but dont have the original box so can't tell you exactly what scale it is, I believe it is the one you specify though. The inside is gold (chest and head); with steel pins & rubber bands in the groin and thighs with white plastic screw mounts in the arms and lower legs. Hands and feet are detachable.

It measures 200mm high.

In fact I believe that its exactly the same as this one minus the box
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CYBORG-Denys-Fisher-boxed-complete-Henshin-RARE_W0QQitemZ360221521063QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN?hash=item53dee034a7
since it looks exactly the same and has the same weapons attachments.

The android would be this one (again minus the box)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ANDROID-Denys-Fisher-boxed-complete-Henshin-RARE_W0QQitemZ360221520844QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN?hash=item53dee033cc
walter cooper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see many Thanks,Can you give me an idea what you are asking for him?
Ryoden

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter cooper wrote:
I see many Thanks,Can you give me an idea what you are asking for him?

Well all I can go on at the moment are the prices I have seen online so the one on Ebay is up for £300 so I would ask for £200. (revised to £50+p&p see below)

Two years ago they were apparently selling for about £100 but I only have that by word of mouth. So if anyone here would care to give a more accurate current average price then please do so, thanks.

If you know of other sites where you can get this figure or give guideline prices for it (which is in excellent condition) cheaper then point me at them and I will revise my price downwards since I only want a fair price for it and I realise that Ebay is not always an accurate indicator.

Last edited by Ryoden on Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:54 am; edited 4 times in total
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allow me to stick my oar in, boys.

Walter, the gunmetal figure you are after, if it is the one KB and I have posted links to, is a Japanese Neo Henshin Cyborg, twelve inches high, released in the 1990s. These are a re-working of the classic Japanese Henshin Cyborg figure, also twelve inches high, from the 1970s. The figure Ryoden has for sale is a British Denys Fisher Cyborg, eight inches high, a scaled down version of Japanese Henshin Cyborg, also from the 1970s.

For a more in depth history, I recommend the Microforever site:
http://microforever.com/henshinindex.htm
although he does not really deal with the British line here.

To get to the point, the 90s Neo figures are much easier to come by than the 70s ones, and are hence much cheaper. I expect Walter is a bit surprised to be quoted £200. Most Neos can be had for £25 or $35ish, even the magazine exclusives like the gunmetal.

I recommend you search on Ebay for “microman” and “micronauts” as well as “henshin cyborg”, Walter. A lot of western sellers don’t even know what these are called as it’s not written in English on the box.

I should answer your original thread question, Ryoden, even though it’s a bit cheeky to join the forum just to flog stuff; Admin doesn’t like it but he’s not always watching. Prices do vary as you say, and I think the seller of your linked Ebay examples is being a bit hopeful even though his items are boxed and in beautiful condition. Maybe he’s prepared to wait a long time to get a buyer at those prices.

I would value the Denys Fisher Cyborg at £50 - £100 as he is the most common of the three items and looks like he has some yellowing of the head and hands, which is common. The two silver arm weapons go with him. One should fire a small bolt which looks to be missing.

Android is far rarer but the faded chrome on the head puts the value down. How are his hip joints? These often crack or loosen and often Android doesn’t stand too well. Having both missiles is a big plus. I’d value him at £75 - £125.

The UFO is known as the Cybo-Invader and this is worth the most. It looks like the clear dome has no cracks. Does the opening mechanism work well? I recommend you glue the edges of the stickers down if they are peeling, and take the gun apart with a small screwdriver to see if you can get it working. Careful with those transparent red missiles, they break! Unfortunately the Cybo-Interceptor, which is the smaller craft which fits inside, has had its safety belt tampered with. Do you have any of the metal parts to fix it back on? I would value the Cybo-Invader and Cybo-Interceptor set at £200 - £300.

I’m specifying a broad range of value because it depends how quickly you want to sell them and who is buying at the time.
Ryoden

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update hypno, and apologies for posting with regard to selling stuff, I would just prefer my stuff goes to collectors rather than traders but feel free to delete the posts if its against your rules.

Regards my price I am happy to go by your valuation since you seemed accurate back in 2007 judging from previous posts I have looked at Wink so I will go for £80 + p&p

Thank you for the info on the other two, regards your question on the Android he seems free from cracks apart from the left and right knee which both have some very small rough edges, which could well lead to cracks in the future possibly but at the moment not.

The dome is crack free and the release mechanism while loose (if you shake the craft it tends to release by itself) it works fine.

You are correct about the seat belt, it appears to be missing a screw on one side or do you know if it had a buckle or something?

one of the stickers is peeling a little so I will attend to that.

With regards to the missile launcher, I have managed to fix the jam now and I remember how easy the missiles are to break after firing one at a lego tower - it didn't survive.

Once again thank you for the advice.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. There is no working buckle on the safety belt, just the moulded on funny face. You have to post the figure down inside the belt, which is tricky, and belts are often removed because of this. The one on my own Cybo-Interceptor had been completely removed but all the parts were there to put it back on.
KB

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hypno's valuations are in the right ball park, though I'd suggest that with the recession Android no longer goes for the premium he seemed to command a couple of years ago (and I have some nice bargains to prove it), For either loose I'd say £45 to £90 depending on condition and who is buying.

I've seen that boxed Cyborg and the seller is just hoping for someone for who money is no object and is happy to pay through the nose for the convenience of buying off the shelf.

Boxed figures I'd say £90 to £150.

As for the Cybo-Invader, I'd go along with Hypno's figures. As for the Cybo-Interceptor seat belt, as a kid I always unscewed the belt and then screwed it up again around Cyborg - it was always a tight fit.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funnily enough, a loose Cyborg and Android just completed on Ebay so here’s a good indicator. The Cyborg looks to be in excellent condition, with little or no yellowing, not quite the correct weapons that were sold with the figure originally. He fetched £46.00, equivalent to $74.28:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120511051960&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

And the Android fetched £51.00 equivalent to $82.36, which is less than I expected. He looks to be in very nice condition too, with good chrome, but only one missile:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120511032977&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It’s a bit gutting for those of us that paid more a few years ago, but these toys are more important than the money in my book.
Ryoden

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I agree with the sentiments about price, several times in the past I have paid more than I should have for something I really wanted but that's the way things go. The only reason I am getting rid of a chunk of my varied toy collection is that we are downsizing and I agreed not to exceed one room for my assorted hobbies; at least my cards dont take much space up Wink

Anyway due to the recent updates I will drop it for a final time to £50 + p&p
Ryoden

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have added them all to Ebay now in case anyone is interested £25 each.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110482548204&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110482555479&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

200 for the ufo etc

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110482531285&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
Ryoden

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Results in case anyone was interested in current price trends.

Cyborg went for £51
Android went for £37.71
UFO - No Sale - interest from a Japanese buyer but the £40 delivery charge must have put him off.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> for sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: