visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
monoliths monsters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> show us yer guts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monolith

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A rare early '60's Beatles vinyl case.

[img][/img]
monolith

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisher Price X-ray man and X-ray woman.

[img][/img]
gort

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! Some I'd like, some I have, and some I've never seen before; the perfect mix Cool

Out of everything though, this was the one that brought the biggest smile:

monolith

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,glad you enjoyed lookin' at 'em.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Viewmaster sets are a trip down memory lane. I particularly remember the Fantastic Voyage cartoon series. We used to play that – I got to be Busby Birdwell. Asimov would turn in his grave.

I’d love to hear some of those LPs. I collect tacky old novelty records, and I have a few sci fi related ones like Mr. Spock and Thunderbirds, but most of mine are celebrities that couldn’t sing, like Telly Savalas!

I just noticed the Spike Jones record. I love Spike Jones! Any chance of a track listing?

Remco Phantom of the Opera looks like he wants to ask for a dime.

Do you have a super 8 projector to watch those movies?

Sanda and Gaira are from the sequel to Frankenstein Conquers the World, aren’t they? I’ve always wanted to see that movie. You can’t get it on DVD for European compatible players.

You mention Forry Ackerman. Philip Jose Farmer, who also passed away recently, wrote him into his book Image of the Beast as a character. I’d recommend that you read it, but it’s one of the most shocking, disgusting books ever written, so don’t!
micromanzone

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are excellent photos!
monolith

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hypno ; Speaking of celebrities that can't sing,do you have William Shatners' attempt at singing?He put out an album in the '60's.I think it might be available on cd now,too.There was also a compilation cd of celebrities who can't sing I think it was called Golden Throats if I remember correctly.Have you ever seen that video of Leonard Nimoy singing about Bilbo Baggins? I'm sure it's on youtube.

That Spike Jones album is one of the ones my brother burned onto cd for me,If you pm me your address I'll send you a copy.

I DO have a super 8 projector.

Sanda and Gaira are from War of the Gargantuas, it was a sequel to Frankenstein Conquers the World and it is available on dvd.

Maybe I Will read Farmer's Image of the Beast after all,"shocking and disgusting" are high praises in my book!

Microman zone; Thanks for the compliment.Next time I set up to do some nice photos(like the close up shots of the monster soaky bottles,which I took my time with setting up proper lighting and backgrounds,etc.)I'll probably do shots of Microman and Henshin Cyborg.
dokuroking

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't personally own any. There is a store near here (you're not in LA are you?) that has them. Deadstock sealed in bag and header card. None of them have hair or clothing (maybe that was an earlier release or maybe these are KO's? they look identical to the Frank and Wolf Man you have there. I don't recall how much they are, but probably in the $10 or less range. If you want one just let me know and I'll pick one up for you the next time I'm over that way.

monolith wrote:
Hypnotator;those Monster Top Trump cards sound like fun,I don't think I've seen those.I'll have to look them up.

I don't have the equipment to rip the records to mp3's but my brother recently burned some onto cd's and he sent me copies.

Dokuroking;Does your King Kong have his hair and clothes?Originally they all had felt clothing and fuzzy hair on their heads.Also how much would you want for him?
dokuroking

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Look what I just found. Actually you can order from them whatever you need:

http://search.store.yahoo.net/cgi-bin/nsearch?unique=1d75e&catalog=mbaciu

All of the items in the store are packaged deadstock so I'd assume these are too but if that's important to you, you may want to check.

dokuroking wrote:
I don't personally own any. There is a store near here (you're not in LA are you?) that has them. Deadstock sealed in bag and header card. None of them have hair or clothing (maybe that was an earlier release or maybe these are KO's? they look identical to the Frank and Wolf Man you have there. I don't recall how much they are, but probably in the $10 or less range. If you want one just let me know and I'll pick one up for you the next time I'm over that way.

monolith wrote:
Hypnotator;those Monster Top Trump cards sound like fun,I don't think I've seen those.I'll have to look them up.

I don't have the equipment to rip the records to mp3's but my brother recently burned some onto cd's and he sent me copies.

Dokuroking;Does your King Kong have his hair and clothes?Originally they all had felt clothing and fuzzy hair on their heads.Also how much would you want for him?
dokuroking

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That original Telly record is pure gold haha.

hypnotator wrote:
Your Viewmaster sets are a trip down memory lane. I particularly remember the Fantastic Voyage cartoon series. We used to play that – I got to be Busby Birdwell. Asimov would turn in his grave.

I’d love to hear some of those LPs. I collect tacky old novelty records, and I have a few sci fi related ones like Mr. Spock and Thunderbirds, but most of mine are celebrities that couldn’t sing, like Telly Savalas!

I just noticed the Spike Jones record. I love Spike Jones! Any chance of a track listing?

Remco Phantom of the Opera looks like he wants to ask for a dime.

Do you have a super 8 projector to watch those movies?

Sanda and Gaira are from the sequel to Frankenstein Conquers the World, aren’t they? I’ve always wanted to see that movie. You can’t get it on DVD for European compatible players.

You mention Forry Ackerman. Philip Jose Farmer, who also passed away recently, wrote him into his book Image of the Beast as a character. I’d recommend that you read it, but it’s one of the most shocking, disgusting books ever written, so don’t!
dokuroking

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Shatner and Nimoy's records are available on cd or were within the last decade. Nimoy's best lyrics on that album are:

"swung through trees like a monkey and fell in love like a human boy"

Here is that video you're looking for mono:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC73PHdQX04

monolith wrote:
Hypno ; Speaking of celebrities that can't sing,do you have William Shatners' attempt at singing?He put out an album in the '60's.I think it might be available on cd now,too.There was also a compilation cd of celebrities who can't sing I think it was called Golden Throats if I remember correctly.Have you ever seen that video of Leonard Nimoy singing about Bilbo Baggins? I'm sure it's on youtube.

That Spike Jones album is one of the ones my brother burned onto cd for me,If you pm me your address I'll send you a copy.

I DO have a super 8 projector.

Sanda and Gaira are from War of the Gargantuas, it was a sequel to Frankenstein Conquers the World and it is available on dvd.

Maybe I Will read Farmer's Image of the Beast after all,"shocking and disgusting" are high praises in my book!

Microman zone; Thanks for the compliment.Next time I set up to do some nice photos(like the close up shots of the monster soaky bottles,which I took my time with setting up proper lighting and backgrounds,etc.)I'll probably do shots of Microman and Henshin Cyborg.
monolith

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dokuroking ; Thanks for the youtube link of Leonard Nimoy singing the Ballad of Bilbo Baggins,Hypnotator,you should check that out-very funny.
I'm up north from you in Oakland, CA.Thanks for the link to that L.A. store.I'm going to a toy show in San Jose next month and there's a guy there who has one of those King Kong's I might pick it up there if he still has it.

Hypno ; here's the track list for that Spike jones in hi fi,a spooktacular in screaming sound (1959)

side one

1. I only have eyes for you(vocals by Dracula and Vampira)
2. poisen to poisen(interview with a famous poisenality)
3. teenage brain surgeon(vocal by the mad doctor)
4. all of a sudden my heart sings(vocal by Dracula and Vampira)
5. everything happens to me(lament by Frankenstein)
6. monster movie ball(vocal by the fiendager)

side two

1. Tammy(vocal by Dracula and Vampira)
2. my old flame(vocal by I. M. Arson)
3. this is your death(featuring Dr. something I can't make out and other ghouls)and two heads are better than one(beatnik duet)
4. spooktacular finale(vocal by the entire ghastly cast)

I'll gladly burn you a copy on cd-r and send it if you pm me your address.
monolith

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Frankenstein Conquers the World,here it is in super8.You can get this on dvd now,but it's a little more difficult to get in this format.

[img][/img]
fantasticplastic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

monolith wrote:
From 1966-Mattel Thingmaker molds of Batman,a skeleton,Superman and Tarzan.

[img][/img]

Wow very cool moulds!
What can you cast in these?
Plastic?
Metal?
hypnotator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monolith, thanks for copying out that track listing. I have a 4 CD set of Spike Jones, and I assumed it contained most of his recordings, but it only has one of the tracks from your LP, “My Old Flame”, which has a Peter Lorre impersonator doing lead vocal. I’d love a copy of this. I don’t suppose you have “Famous Monsters Speak” in CD format? I was reading about this notorious record recently and I’d love to hear it. I’m intrigued by the “Monster Mash” record. I have two versions of the song, a single by Bobby “Boris” Pickett and the Crypt Kickers, which I assumed was the original, and a cover by the Bonzo Dog Band which has a more jazzy arrangement. But your LP doesn’t seem to be either of these. And what does “Monster Melodies” consist of?

I have some excerpts from Shatner’s LP. More recently he covered Pulp’s “Common People” which was a big hit here in the UK (Pulp’s version I mean) and it’s worth a listen. I have a UK copy of “Mr. Spock Presents Music from Outer Space”, which has a different cover.

I’d love to see Frankenstein Conquers the World but the DVD is not UK compatible; I would have to watch it on my PC. The giant boy Frankenstein monster has intrigued me ever since I was a kid and saw pictures in my brother’s horror movie books.

Are the Thingmaker moulds intended for lead pewter or maybe plaster of Paris? I notice the skeleton only has one of each limb, so you must cast the limbs twice. I can’t see the skeleton working in plaster; it looks like maybe you wire the parts together for an articulated figure.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> show us yer guts All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: