visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Blue HC?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> auctions to watch...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Blue HC? Reply with quote

I'm intrigued by the blue HC head and foot in the second pic. I wasn't aware of these.

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d98663926
GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it intriguing as well, with so many of these assorted bits of UK & US toys it clearly comes from from an advanced collector in Japan.

Not something random, but pieces of a great collection. Looks to be bootleg. Look at that foot. The feet are NOT cyborg.

Too bad the whole figure isn't here. I love stuff like this.
THanks for posting it Hypno!
Actually if you look back, someome identified a MIB specimen of the blue cybo as being a bootleg from a two pack
manufactured by the company Kashiyama. A more detailed story can be read in the thread below.

http://www.visibleinnards.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1011&highlight=bootleg

I can never get enough of this stuff. Great to at least see it's dismembered bits showing up for sale!
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah deepest irony! Irony as deep as the depths to which my iron sank.

The thing Iím asking about is the very same thing I posted about. Now that you point it out, it seems likely, as the head is quite a different shape from its smoked neighbour. But presumably that smoked head is a Neo. And some vintage HC heads split or get cut at the back and stretch. But that does look like the same head as the knockoff.

That really looks like a larger style vintage HC foot, but I havenít inspected the knockoff in the flesh to compare. It certainly doesnít look the right shade of blue to be a KWI foot. Now that I look at those knockoffs again, I was so distracted by the crazy out-of-scale accessories that I failed to notice the striped nature of the knockoffs themselves. Not only does the type of plastic used in the limbs and heads look different to the type of plastic used in the torsos, hands and feet, but the one with the blue torso, hands and feet has the clear limbs and head, and vice versa.

Wotta crazy knockoff!
KB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irony or senility?

Alas my cataloguing of HC feet size has not yet extended to knock offs, perhaps I should apply for research funding to take geekiness to the next level. However it is quite clear the shape of the foot is different to the HC.

The smoked head does look similar to the blue, just not as fat in the face - could there be a smoked knock off out there ?
Neutron X

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent sluething Guy!
hypnotator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senility, then, or maybe psychotic acid flashback alzheimer brain-like-a-swiss-cheese.

C'mon then, Kaybee... give us your in-depth comparison between this KO foot and a vintage big style podiatric extremity. With fully dimensioned diagrams.

My money says the smoked head is off the smoked Neo.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> auctions to watch... All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: