visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
more of monoliths toys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> show us yer guts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BAZ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a lovely story. Let's make a "Hallmark Channel Movie Of The Week" about it.
GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always, luv yer stuff. I am constantly amazed how we all share such a similar interest in all the unliscensed space toys & horrror.
I swear every onr of us can relate.
Love all the tomy stuff. Did you ever score the GIANT Tomy robots from that series? I think there was one large enough for a child to ride.

http://www.theoldrobots.com/ showcases many such robots

BAZ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy, you are as limp as a wet lettuce.............
monolith

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baz-for tension can we have Jason pop up out of the lake? On second thought it would be funnier played straight Hallmark style,you're right.

Guyx1- Looks like that Omnibot does just about everthing.Did he make that drink for himself or for his master?

I don't have any of the Tomy Giants.That robot website has so many amazing robots!The "Topo" robot in the lower left of that robot collage I saw at a flea market a few years ago.I might have bought it but someone beat me to it.The buyer paid two hundred dollars for it,which I think is a fair price.That thing is about four feet tall,and I've never seen another one for sale before or since.
KB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff Monolith, love the pics

As for Omnibot, looks like he's taking Baz his whisky
hypnotator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see the Zeroids, which are some of my favourites. I've got Zobor and Zintar, and I'm holding out for a Zerak with intact antennae.
BAZ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KB wrote:
Great stuff Monolith, love the pics

As for Omnibot, looks like he's taking Baz his whisky

NOW you're talking my language!!!
fantasticplastic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GUYx1 wrote:

As always, luv yer stuff. I am constantly amazed how we all share such a similar interest in all the unliscensed space toys & horrror.
I swear every onr of us can relate.
Love all the tomy stuff. Did you ever score the GIANT Tomy robots from that series? I think there was one large enough for a child to ride.

ALCOBOT?

http://www.theoldrobots.com/ showcases many such robots

2 words!
MOUSE MAT!
KB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypnotator wrote:
Nice to see the Zeroids, which are some of my favourites. I've got Zobor and Zintar, and I'm holding out for a Zerak with intact antennae.

Yeah nice to see the Zeroids - not familiar with the star team zeriod though, it must have been a US only job like the alien zeriod. I've still got my old Zobor knocking about, though he came with a solar cycle not the tow along box.
GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This the one ?
monolith

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's the Alien.I'll get one of those someday.
Ideal also made a green Zeroid called Commander Zogg,who lights up.I don't have that one either.

Ideal made the Zeroids in 1967, then much later in 1977,to cash in on the popularity of Star Wars they made Star Team toys.They re-hashed Commander Zogg and made him into the Star Team Zeroid.This line also featured a chrome robot that looked like C-3PO but with a green head, and a villian all in black named Knight of Darkness.

Hypnotator; I'm the original owner of my Zerak, his antenna has been broken for a long time.This is a common problem for that figure,I've even seen a reproduction antenna made for sale.
KB

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thats the Alien I was thinking of. I don't think they ever did it or zogg or the star team in the UK - happy to be corrected, just never saw them over here. I don't believe the Alien was the designer's finest hour, never really been taken with it. Zogg looks a lot better.

Thanks for posting the comic strip ad Guy, I hadn't seen that before

This is quite a good link - it has a picture of Zogg and a cool looking flying saucer, again I don't remember the saucer being released in the UK as part of the original line.

http://www.zeroidz.com/Zeroids.html

and wild toys has a good run down of what was available

http://www.wildtoys.com/zeroids/index.asp

This Zeriods ad on you tube brings that comic strip ad to life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqlRhBik2g4
hypnotator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember seeing Star Team in the UK - in Slough, to be exact. Slough has a reputation as a shithole but when I was a kid it had all the cool toyshops. I still dream about the place.
I remember looking at the Star Team "Zeroid" and wishing it was a real Zeroid. The original Zeroids were already rare by then but I had seen the regular three and I thought they were great. I had no idea at the time that the Star Team Zeroid was based on Zogg because I'd never seen Zogg. I thought all they had taken was the name.
I agree that the Alien Zeroid isn't such a hot design. The original Zogg with all the face tubes doesn't really get me either. The regular three are fantastic toys, though, and I can't wait until the day I acquire an intact Zerak.
monolith

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The three originals are my favorite Zeroid designs as well.
That Zeroid commercial on youtube is really cool.
There were also some Zeroid knock offs made,including small rubber robots.
Also ,I have a book called Space Toys of the '60's and they say there is a rare Zeroid named Zemo who was made by Ideal and is a genuine Zeroid,not a knock-off.There is a photo of him in the book.He is a combination of re-used parts from all three original Zeroids but also has some original detailing.He was made in both a red version and an aqua version and was made near the end of Zeroid production.I have never seen one for sale,though.
thebigr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

monolith wrote:

I don't have any of the Tomy Giants.That robot website has so many amazing robots!The "Topo" robot in the lower left of that robot collage I saw at a flea market a few years ago.I might have bought it but someone beat me to it.The buyer paid two hundred dollars for it,which I think is a fair price.That thing is about four feet tall,and I've never seen another one for sale before or since.

I saw this last month but forgot to tell you man,

if you see a "topo" for $200 or less, buy it up.
The last one I saw went for almost $500.
Usually US$1k+ for a 100% working one w/ the Apple you need to make it work.

There's a TOPO III up for sale this week on evilBay, complete with the Apple IIe.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> show us yer guts All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: