visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
shoe idea - current status

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> planning forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebigr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: shoe idea - current status Reply with quote

ok, so if you've read the T-SHIRT idea thread, you know i posted a few weeks back about getting some VI.org - themed shoes made.

here's what's happened so far: ok, they would be White NIKE AIR FORCE ONE lowtops. An image of WALDER or CYBORG on the toe, and along the back. Approx. $200 - 250 each, size of your choice.

I'm back to square one at this point; my original source would have cost $300-350 a pair, and the quality was not up to par for this price (after much prodding the guy said the image would run in the rain. can't have that, can we!!) My 2nd source was about $200-250 a pair, but unfortuatly the image would be either sewn on or heat-transfered, again, somebody could do that with their home computer, a printer, and $20 at an art store for the iron-ons. no good again, i say.

I found someone today who would make them for $300 a pair, great quality. but i felt this was still a little too high, and he couldn't do the custom tongue like i wanted. Sad

would any of you guys be on board for a WALDER or CYBORG shoe, in the $200-250 range? i know i could get rid of a few pairs outside of VI.org to the shoe-collecting-community. i want to see if this is seriously worth pursuing any further. this isn't a serious commitment, its just to gauge how many folks would be willing to pay that much.

what features would you want? colors? walder? cyborg? shonen? jaguar? all four?
johnnyhaggis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just speaking for me, I'm not into sneakers, 'specially not $250 ones!

converse old school basketball shoes are cool, all black , but i no longer have patience for laces.
BAZ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we get them in WWII German Jackboot style?
If so, sign me up!
bryanarchy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man, that's totally more than i can afford right now... It'd be so awesome, but it's a pretty deep commitment to footwear!
thebigr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it IS a big commitment. it's a lot of $$$, but they would have been really cool.

i guess i'm gonna call it quits. Sad

i dont think it's really possible to make these for under $200 and have them be nice, not rip-off homemade computer-printout mall trash.
proteus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOW ABOUT A CYBORG BASEBALL CAP WITH THE ATOM TYPE CYBORG LOGO SILVER ON BLACK
GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

certainly sounds more affordable...
hypnotator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like a garment that renders the body transparent with machinery inside, so that I can actually BE Cyborg.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> planning forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: