visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Bits and pieces
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> show us yer guts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gort

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Bits and pieces Reply with quote

Top row: Ultraseven, Ark Mecha Kong, Dia X from Star Fleet. Bottom row: Ark Ultraman Monsters and a few mini-Daleks

Denys Fisher Cyborg, Panda Z and Gomez by Mezco

8" Tomland Aliens

More Cyborg goodness

Top shelf: mostly 3 3/4" Tomlands and Mettoy Busybodies. Bottom shelf: 8" Tomland, Micronauts, Micoman, Micro Batta etc.

12" stuff; Bandai Ultraman suits, Cyborg Thundermask suit, Timehouse Mirrorman

Top row: various figures by Romando Bottom row: vinyl Jet Jaguar and diecast Mechagodzillas and Gigan

Dr Who Clockwork Robot, Sideshow Bride and Frankie, bootleg Fly, Mego Frankie, AHI Wolfman, Flatt World Dracula and Corpse Bride.

Megadons

Misc including Metal Man, Tron and Popy BOTP

Hestair SRL Heroes and Fisher Price Adventure People

Airgam Boys

Cosmo Robots

Major Matt Mason

Mostly Zoids and a couple of Transformers

Spaceships (free from KP Crisps in the late 70's or early 80's)

Peace Phantom

Bandai 3 3/4" Kinnukuman (M.U.S.C.L.E.)

Soul of Chogokin

Doctor Who

Robots

Wicked Rivals

Robot Zone

Bionic 6

Plotter

Dinobots (mostly knockoffs)

X-Changers

Ceji (needs some work)

Last edited by gort on Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:58 am; edited 4 times in total
Clone666

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW Shocked Great stuff!
I love it all, a lot of stuff I've never seen before!
I'm especially jealous of the first pic, those colorful mechanized Ultraman and Godzilla kaiju are pricey and hard to come by!
KB

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing the pics, great collection Gort.
Kikaider

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! Those are awesome pictures. I remember going into a toystore in Hawaii back in the 70s that had boxes of those robots in the first picture. They were expensive for the time (I remember my mom mentioning that), but she bought me the mecha-ape. Unbelieveably, I still have him and a couple of the missiles, but not the plane he shot out the centre. I have his joints wrapped in plumber' teflon tape to make his joints more snug. Thanks for sharing those great pics. gort.
BAZ

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!! Nice eclectic collection!!!
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very beautiful, Gort! I canít believe we havenít seen all this before. Some seriously collectible stuff here too.

Iíve never coveted the Colorforms but to see them in a collection like this, with all the doubles and slight variations, I can understand their appeal. I particularly like the blue and pink alien with the suckers on his head.

I like the dragsters; do any figures fit on?

Iíve been considering getting the Micro Batta figures for a long time now; whatís your opinion on them?

In between them and clear Membros there are three transparent micro- sized figures. What are they, please?

Lovely Titans and nice to see you have a Ben 10 figure. I have fallen for a couple of these.

What are the figures Ė they look to be really tiny Ė in the pic above the Matt Masons? They look very like something I have from a Kinder egg.
Neutron X

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Excellent collection!!!!!!!!!!! You know I like the Tomlands. Nice collection. I dig it all even the He Manish tyoes with Robo Dinos looking good. I have been wanting a Matt Mason Scorpio so far I have a body wiith no head Laughing Big fan of the little robots too.
gort

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all! I appreciate the nice comments. To be honest Iím never sure what people will make of my stuff; as Baz rightly noted it is all a little eclectic and while it all makes sense to me that doesnít necessarily count for much to anyone else.

Hypno, thanks for the questions; Iíll answer as best I can now and Iíll try to take a couple of pics in the next day or so where appropriate.

The Micro Batta figures; the humanoid is a nice enough figure, although nothing spectacular. The insect man is far more impressive, like having a vintage Microman / Micronaut in a (non-removable) HC suit. From what Iíve seen of your collection Iím pretty sure you will like it. Iíd like to add the Skullhead & Dark Insecta version myself in the future.

The three figures between Insecta and Membros are a G.I. Joe Collector's Club clear Zartan, a Halo Master Chief clear version and an Onell Design Exellis figure. Iíll try and take a close up pic of the three.

The Titans are among my favourite of my vintage Microman; itís funny you mention them in the same sentence as the Ben 10 figure as I always look at the quality of imagination, design and engineering that went into these figures thirty years ago compared to some of the crap that is punted out nowadays. The Ben 10 figure I think is proof that a decent figure can be produced these days at a competitive market price, itĎs just a shame not all manufacturers follow suit.

The little robots called Cosmo Robot from the Spanish line Coman Boys. Theyíre about 2 ĹĒ tall and I find them oddly addictive. There are some nice vehicles and a base available as well, but Iíve not found one at an acceptable price yet.

As for fitting figures on the bikes; I hadnít tried but I will now...
dokuroking

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice. What are those mechadinosaur steed things? There is tons of stuff I've not seen before in these pics as well. If you get a chance Gort I'd like to see the pics labeling whats in them. Great stuff.
GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Brilliant lot to say the least!
As ecclectic as this would seem, Gort's collection actually is the DEFINITION of a cyborg fan's interests.
From the varied 1/6 scale figures, to the Airgam boys Monkeymen, The Tomland Aliens, HeMan knockoffs, Major Matt Mason and 70's/80/s Diecasts. I am willing to bet that most if not all of us have some toys which touch upon these toylines.

I have learned over the years that Cybo fans tend to need toys which are slightly out there and obscure.

I love the Little spacemen next to the Fisher Price Space adventure people.
wot were they called again?
gort

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dokuroking, the mechadino things are called Megadons, I believe that is the full set. I'll try and put names to the pictures over the next few days, and I've found a few more pics I can add as well.

Guy, The figures nex to the FP Adventure People are a line called Heroes by Hestair, they were also released as Tiny Tuffys.
Alex77

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Alex77 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
gort

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alex, those are Airgam Boys figures.

I've added descriptions to most of the pics, and tagged a few more on the end.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More gorgeous stuff, Gort. Youíre also helping me to identify some odd figures of my own. I have a Robot Zone (orange one back centre) and I never knew what he was, and although I knew of the smaller Tomlands, I didnít know that I had one (the one with the dark green body 3rd from left). I love the tin robot shelf, always meant to start getting these, and you have some of the same Soul of Chogokins Iíve got.
That background picture of the veiny arm is from Bodyworlds, isnít it?
gort

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robot Zone has kept quite a few people guessing for years, then a carded set showed up earlier this year. Nice spot on the Bodyworlds picture, truly visible innards.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> show us yer guts All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: