visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Assembleborg Jarknoid XO review
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fel9

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I am wanting these in a bad way, but I am having a hard time finding a reliable source for them. None of my usual sources seem to have any in stock. Anybody know a good place to pick these up.

These look much nicer and more microman like than the last few series of microman...Takara-Tomy needs to get their Transformers obsessed head out of the sand and get busy trying to top these guys...and this is from a guy who doesn't even own one yet...Yikes...
hypnotator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Far too busy to do a separate review, and who needs, one? I got mine, and I like em , but I still like Microforce too. The main difference is that these are designed to come apart and be interchangeable at each joint, which Microforce only managed with their Magneforce series. The ratcheting of the joints is a great touch, but unlike you, Clone, I have great difficulty standing these guys, and every time I walk past em on the shelf, the movement of air (or is it the floorboards?) sends them over. Theoretically theyre as well articulated as Microforce, but you have to bend each joint and then swivel the pins, some of which are stiff, which makes it laborious, although with Microforce you have to be extra careful, as they are fragile. These are certainly more durable, being solid. The hips could do with better multi-directional movement, or at least a finer ratcheting, as they click from too-much-this-way to too-much-that-way and you cant get the little bugger to stand.
I got a freebie red figure too, and hes nice. With 4 other full size figures, Im 2 spare joints short of making him fully poseable. Spellchecker doesnt like the sentence structure of that last sentence tee hee.
I wish Id had enough time to play with them properly and do some reassembling like you have.
Fel9, I got mine on Ebay from Samurai Toys Japan.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=assemble+borg&_sacat=See-All-Categories
hypnotator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Clone are you selling these off already? Or has some seller on Ebay pinched your pictures?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Assemble-Borg-Assembleborg-Henshin-Cyborg-Micronuats_W0QQitemZ160388194940QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2557e1a27c
GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, that's him...
You do realize now that you know his secret identity, he'll have to kill you... Wink
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True to my namesake, I am an accumulator of data.

I know EVERYONE'S secret identity...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> reviews All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: