visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Assembleborg Jarknoid XO review
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clone666

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Assembleborg Jarknoid XO review Reply with quote

Today I received my first assembleborg in the mail this one being Jarknoid XO, the "Walder" of the group.
It came in a very nice cardboard box with cool graphics that make it a nice display piece. Comes with a Secret Note booklet with an Assemble Borg manga inside along with advertisements of other figures. Very Astro-Mu like

Upon opening the box I was pleased to find I had been lucky enough to receive a bonus mini Jarknoid figure tucked inside the box. Really feels like I got my 50 bucks worth as it is like getting two figures for one.

There is a bunch of stuff that's packed in with the Jarknoid. All kinds of accessories, weapons, hands, extra revoltech joints, a storage box, and a token to redeem for extra Borg parts and figures. Also included is another booklet filled with other Revoltech stuff.

Jarknoid XO comes with enough extra joints to replace almost every dummy joint on the mini Jarknoid.

I'm quite pleased to have a gimp for my Jarknoid to boss around!

The cybernetic brain is visible through the clear face of the helmet.

He comes with some cool double joints that give it a greater range of mobility when combining with those mechanical body parts.

Adding to my ever increasing happiness with this line is the fact that the mini figures are completely compatible with the larger figures and accessories/vehicles. I have two of the clear Wonderfest 2009 mini Jarknoids on the way in the mail, I can hardly wait to throw them into the assembly equation.

Last edited by Clone666 on Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kikaider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, awesome pics, Clone666. Congrats on the Minifigure! That is a great bonus.
KB

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures, these figures look really cool, nice buy
dokuroking

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!
Neutron X

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for review! Congrats on the find.
Clone666

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks gents! I'll see if I can scan the booklet it came with. I have no idea what the dialogue says in the manga, but it is exciting nonetheless.
Domu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice review and pics!

BTW, the first run of Jarknoids should all have a mini-Jarknoid included. The color you get will be random (one of three, red, purple, or green).

Also, I'll buy Revo-chips from anyone that can't use them.
Clone666

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, thanks for info! That makes having all the Jarknoids on the way that much more exciting!

In Regards to the Tokens, one of the booklets shows a mini Mr. Assemble that can be redeemed for 5 tokens. Though I have yet to see pics of them outside the booklet.
Domu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify a bit, it's the first run of Jarknoid XO figures that should have the mini-figures. (The minis also were packed in the other general Revoltech releases from the month of June.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting, Clone, and thanks for your help obtaining these. Iím awaiting my first ones in the post (including XO) so this review gets me well excited. Not sure if Iím getting a free mini figure but you guys got me hopeful. If not, no worries. Iím waiting to see how much I like the first ones before I order more.

Youíve taken some beautiful photos and done some cool interchanging. How did you do the Micronauts style blurring?

Do you really need the tool to interchange these?

Iím surprised you liken these to Astro-Mu. Why?
Clone666

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the booklet that reminded me of Astro Mu the way it has a Manga that sets up the story then hits you with gorgeous pics of the other figs and accessories to wet your appetite. Probably not that much different from other Japanese toy booklets I'm sure. I used to have an Asto Mu booklet that I sold recently so it reminded me of it.

The tool is not necessary at all as the joints are not hard to replace or switch(at least not for me).

If you have an XO on they way you will get a mini figure according to Domu. I believe you ordered him from the same ebayer I did, so it should be from the same run. I'm eager to see what color you get, the purple ones don't sell on YJP, the red ones get snatched up instantly and I've only seen a blue/green one once that was bought up fast. I assume he's the rarest or just that appealing to collectors.

As for the Micronauts effect, just some Photoshop. Go to filter-radial blur-set the blur to zoom-set zoom all the way out with it's center o nthe figure. Then use the history brush with the opacity set to 15 to return the image back towards it's preblurred state will retaining elements of the radial blur.
Sounds complicated but it only took about 10 seconds. Wink
hypnotator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at work now and I just got a text from Mrs. Hypnotator saying the parcel has arrived. So I find out tonight!
khanate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the post and pics, looks great. What's the general quality of plastics/joints? I've had too many bad experiences with broken joints on micromen, re-issue KW1, etc... I read somewhere that they are pretty solid, what do you think?
Clone666

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These figures are amazingly durable and a lot more sturdy than a Microman, both the large and mini figures. I've had Micromen break on me as soon as I took them out of the package. All the body parts are completely solid not hollow, so they have a little bit of heft to them adding extra points to the quality. I have not been able to put down these figures since I got them.
These Revoltech joints are something else, they click as you rotate them and they give the figure an amazing balance when standing.
I was just thinking today how Takara needs to step it up if they make more Micro figures. Even these mini figs that are given out for free are superior in durability and playability once they have a complete set of joints in them(they come with dummy joints except for the shoulders).
The only thing about the mini figures is that their hands are not attached by Revoltech joints, they just rotate on little peg joints that stick out of the arms.
khanate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a bunch, I'm sold.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> reviews All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: