visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Invaders & Android Catalogs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sf1378

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KB wrote:
Good luck with the new job Hypno - are you trading your caravan for a railway arch?

Quote:
If itís crap for you, why not fuck off?

Nice to see you holding out the olive branch of peace to Stan

I can't fault Bolland his art is amazing, and McMahon has an interesting style all his own, but my favourite comics artist was always Kevin O'Neil - I'm sure he could have done a job on Muton - guts everywhere.

He's only peeved cos of the swearing leading to the filter on his work PC not allowing him to view the forum.... Rolling Eyes It was only a light hearted joke.... Laughing

Mind you, I do like it when someone goes to all the trouble of multi-quoting my missives like that.....such effort HyponatorHypodermicHyperHyerHippootamus.....or whatever the dudes name is.....

CHILL OUT will you? And no, I won't be FUCKING OFF.....!

Back on topic, ahem! Yes, Mike McHamon and Pat Mills (as writer) were the dogs testicles on the old 2000ad.....I also liked Ezquerras style too....I know what Bazos refering to regarding the 'blocks' on Dredds helmet (innuendo please!).....What I really liked about the roughness of this style of comic art was that in a sense it was....childlike, maybe thats the appeal of it to the readership as kids back then, the rawness of it.....then again, the stories were ZARJAZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone remember Major Easy? He was like a WW2 version of Dredd that Ezquerra used to draw for Battle.....However, for me, McHamons early stuff on 2000AD, especially the type of stuff he did in THE CURSED EARTH was just superb.....He's really changed his style over the years and if you type his name on google theres a wicked Wikipedia article on him and his own official site....ZARJAZZ!!!!
Lee Chappell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh...... a good thread somehow managed to emrge from the ermmm 'banter...!?!?!'

I'm with BAZ - Kevin O'Neil, Nemesis the Warlock, prob my joint favourite regular story from 2000AD along with Strontium Dog ( oo my poor heartsies..) I've still got all the MArshall Law stuff too; production was so slow that it almost was like an annual as opposed to the bi monthly it became. Something to do with Kev's commitment to ther projects and also the pens he used for colouring I believe?

Otherwise, I always loved Thargs future shocks and the constant quality that the various artist brought to the storylines, ; Alan Moores storyline contributions being the most memorable. ( Clone Ranger, Timothy Tate and Abelard Snazz to name just a few...)
BAZ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major Easy????
FOOKIN AWESOME!!!!!!
It was like "Cross Of Iron". he even looked like
Coburn!!!
fantasticplastic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2000 A.D. was the shit in the 70's and 80's!
They need to make films based on all those characters.
BAZ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They did!
Judge Dredd was a steaming turd!!!
BUT.................
Apparently a NEW Dredd movie is coming!
sf1378

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAZ wrote:
Major Easy????
FOOKIN AWESOME!!!!!!
It was like "Cross Of Iron". he even looked like
Coburn!!!

Come to mention it, he did an all......He really reminded me of Dredd though, as the cap always consealed his eyes under shadow....never recall seeing The Major sans cap....unless anyone can beg to differ. Wasn't he a Brit as well? His cap reminded me of the Afrika Korps one....

I think Rogue Trooper (the original storyline about the Norts, Southers and how Rogues buddies and fellow G.I.s all get massacred because of The Traitor General) it'd be the dogs bollocks!
BAZ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Rogue Trooper movie WOULD be awesome!!
Jason Statham as Rogue maybe?
sf1378

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAZ wrote:
A Rogue Trooper movie WOULD be awesome!!
Jason Statham as Rogue maybe?

Christian Bale?

Jason Isaacs would be ZARJAZZ as The Traitor General.....I used to think the latter was some poncy twat until I saw him in a Channel 4 drama based on the interviews transcribed onto tape of a man who had been brought up in an extremely violent social context influenced by his Father and his later experiences, it was called 'SCARS', highly disturbing and Isaacs played the role of Chris, the guy who'd been actually interviewed....It was that that made me change my mind about him as an actor. Bales very good too. I saw him recently in The Machinist, the guy lost so much weight for the role too....

Anyhow, a Rogue Trooper movie would fucking kick arse, if made correctly and faithfully, including the look of the eponimous G.I....

It could be titled:

ROGUE TROOPER-THE LAST OF THE G.I.'s....

One can dream.....
sf1378

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAZ wrote:
They did!
BUT.................

Back in 1995 I actually liked it. However, your right, it is shit. Why can't they have made it properly? Ok, USE Stallone as they did but they could have made a gimmick of never showing his face as Dredd never showed his. Sure, we all know what Sly looks like so we wouldn't have needed to see his face so it would have worked. The only thing that did look good in the movie was MEAN MACHINE ANGEL.....sadly they kill the fuckwit off too quick and Armand Assante as Rico? FOR FUCKS SAKES THE DREDDS WERE CLONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fantasticplastic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see films of:
NEMESIS.
STRONTIUM DOG.
ABC WARRIORS.
ROGUE TROOPER.
SLAINE.
So many cool characters and stories.
Yes they are meant to be shooting a new JUDGE DREDD film.
But they've been saying that for years.
BAZ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sf1378 wrote:
BAZ wrote:
They did!
BUT.................

Back in 1995 I actually liked it. However, your right, it is shit. Why can't they have made it properly? Ok, USE Stallone as they did but they could have made a gimmick of never showing his face as Dredd never showed his. Sure, we all know what Sly looks like so we wouldn't have needed to see his face so it would have worked. The only thing that did look good in the movie was MEAN MACHINE ANGEL.....sadly they kill the fuckwit off too quick and Armand Assante as Rico? FOR FUCKS SAKES THE DREDDS WERE CLONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AGREED!!! SO many mistakes in that production hard to know where to begin.
The opening scene tho DID make me go "wow!! Mega City One!!!"
Then it turned shitsville. Even stupid things annoy me in the movie. Like the end where Dredd, triumphant, puts his helmet on and rides
off down the street on his bike. Reflected in his visor
is the UNFINISHED set they were shooting on!
At least we got a cool Medicom figure out of it!
sf1378

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other thing thats shit is Fargo. Hes IN the movie but the fecker DIED years before.....oh well, they changed that now with some mega epic storyline a while back didn't they where they had a major cover up or summat.....

And the Dredd costumes were shite. I bet the guy that shot Gianni Versache was a disgruntled fan, afterall, they credit HIM with the costume in the movie....! Shocked Wasn't it Ezqerra who created the look?????!

Then theres no S.J.S.....but the......(sigh) Judge Hunters.....bleurgh.

Anyhow, yeah, ABC WARRIORS as a movie would kick arse too.....about the only thing I liked from the Dredd film now is recalling the big arse ABC ROBOT as Ricos pet.....they based him on HAMMERSTEIN sharp eyed guts fans will no doubt know! Laughing
BAZ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, they did make a brouhaha about Hammerstein being in it, and what
a technological feat he was.
He was also useless. At least they used his original head, not the ABC Warriors one.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stallone was truly a shit arse Dredd and they pissed all over the original stories. I vote they steer clear of more 2000AD movies.
BAZ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pity there's no UK Film Industry anymore!!
Hang about!!
How about Kenneth Branagh doing Strontium Dog!?!?!!?
Wulf was a Viking, so he can still get his stupid accents in!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> reviews All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: