visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Invaders & Android Catalogs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sf1378

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KB wrote:
And he says he hasn't got tourettes, who does he think he's kidding.

Well, perhaps you should utilise your powers of deduction on Baz....i.e. consider his expletive ridden posts.....?

Actually, its better to have tourettes than have a smelly arse like you..... Wink
BAZ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, you'll find MY expletives are used in a humorous way, to accent
a joke, or hammer home a point.
Not the inane ramblings of an inbred uneducated chav who appears to communicate with the world by banging his head on a friend's computer keyboard.
And you DO seem to be an expert on Gentlemen's sphincters.
Does your missus prefer you as Glen or Glenda?
sf1378

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glen on weekdays.....Glenda on weekends....ha ha.....and no, I'm not some 'inbred uneducated chav' who 'bangs his head on a friends keyboard'.....If your taking umbrage to my crappy ramblings then the same could be made of that missive.... Rolling Eyes

Oh, btw, when did this forum become the lets decide to turn humourous banter into a slanging match with sf1378? As far as I can surmise theres really no difference between the content or context of my ramblings with anything else you lot type up here as well.....or are we to go down the route of the thought police and decide to bollock every comment some individual makes? If thats the case then this forum will become more like the other dross on the internet and not somewhere where we can come and chew the fat and simply have a humourous laugh....or has the summer heat turned a few of you into a group of over sensitive prats?

Its a NICHE forum....for folk who like these sorts of oddball toys and a place where I thought we could all take the piss out of one another in a light hearted way.....if its turning into a slanging match then it seems like its becoming crap.....
BAZ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it IS hot in NY, but over sensitive? NO WAY!!
A prat? CERTAINLY!!
And you'll find that comments relating to our oddball toy of choice are seldom targets of "slanging matches" whereas, posting a string of expletives and light hearted insults usually ARE retaliated to with similar light hearted "slagging".
Try it. Post your thoughts about the box art on a Denys Fisher Muton, see who insults you then!
sf1378

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm, doesn't anyone else really like the roughness to the comic art on the back of Mutons box? I do...... Razz
BAZ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed!! Those images would make great tattoos!!
Anyone up for a free Muton tattoo?
KB

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sf1378 wrote:

Actually, its better to have tourettes than have a smelly arse like you..... Wink

I think you under rate smelly arses. Very Happy

As for taking the piss in a light hearted way, I thought that was what I was doing. Over sensitive - never, insensitive - totally Twisted Evil , though I've made a point of playing nicely most of the time

As for the comic strips on the boxes, I've always had mixed feelings about them, Muton does look really evil, but I've always felt they are just a bit too sketchy.
BAZ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sketchy indeed, but we're not talking Brian Bolland here!
sf1378

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KB wrote:
sf1378 wrote:

I think you under rate smelly arses. Very Happy

As for taking the piss in a light hearted way, I thought that was what I was doing. Over sensitive - never, insensitive - totally Twisted Evil , though I've made a point of playing nicely most of the time

As for the comic strips on the boxes, I've always had mixed feelings about them, Muton does look really evil, but I've always felt they are just a bit too sketchy.

If you can convince me of the virtues of having a smelly arse....then I may well become a convert yet! Laughing

Maybe not.....ha ha.

I actually liked the sketchy look of the artwork. Brian 2000AD Bollands great and all, but....theres something charming about the drawings on the packaging imho....Its kind of like Pat Mills work back in the 1970s on 2000AD and all those other super violent comics we had as lads back in the day he used to draw for.....ahhh......Political INcorrectness.....thems the days, brings a tear to my eye..... Razz
hypnotator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At last! I am out of that awful job and can look at and contribute to this thread. (New job in the big smoke starts Monday and lots more dosh!)

Quote:
somewhere where we can come and chew the fat and simply have a humourous laugh....

Some of us can. Others are deliberately excluded by Stan, who makes sure that Hippopotamus, or Hypodermic, or whatever his name is canít even look at the latest thread. Thanks, Stan; I wonít forget.

Quote:
As far as I can surmise theres really no difference between the content or context of my ramblings with anything else you lot type up here as well.....

Well, Baz manages to be almost (but not quite) as crass as you in his shameful drunken moments but we forgive him that as he can be quite entertaining when sober, and he has even started posting toy pix recently (this is the mark of a truly worthwhile Innarder).

Quote:
it seems like its becoming crap.....

This forum is the dogís bollocks. It is not crap. It will never be crap. What is crap is being excluded from it. If itís crap for you, why not fuck off?

Quote:
doesn't anyone else really like the roughness to the comic art on the back of Mutons box?

I do, too. Brian Bolland cannot be faulted and I love his work, but I always had a
preference for Mike McMahon, whose shaggy style has a dynamism more suited to the comics medium. The unknown artist who did the comic strips on the Denys Fisher Cyborg boxes has a similar vitality.
KB

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with the new job Hypno - are you trading your caravan for a railway arch?

Quote:
If itís crap for you, why not fuck off?

Nice to see you holding out the olive branch of peace to Stan

I can't fault Bolland his art is amazing, and McMahon has an interesting style all his own, but my favourite comics artist was always Kevin O'Neil - I'm sure he could have done a job on Muton - guts everywhere.
BAZ

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kev O Neil and Pat Mills on Nemesis The Warlock!!!
Makes me moist just writing it.
As does thinking of their Marshall Law outings!
Genius!!
McMahon WAS good, preferred HIS Slaine to Bisley's.
Also loved Ezquerra on Strontium Dog.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those very early Ezquerra Strontium Dog strips were heavily influenced by Moebius. Unfortunately his style got looser and looser.

McMahon beats Bisley no question.

Funnily enough I just finished reading League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I remember the days when O'Neill was relegated to Dash Decent and Bonjo from Beyond the Stars.

Quote:
are you trading your caravan for a railway arch?

You're not far off. I'll be doing a long train commute every day, but I'll be there to tuck my kids in every night.
BAZ

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the way Ezquerra outlined his figures with "blocks", like little forts
on Dredd's helmet (oo-er missus, sounds a bit rude!!)
Neutron X

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the early 1980 on vacation I visted Larry's Comic Shop in Chicago 5 hours drive from home. Anyway his shop was filled with all the british comics imports like 2000 AD and UK Star Wars ect. this guy wouldn't sell me Judge Dredd because of it's fascist content!!!! I was 14 yet it was too wild !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing
Anyway that never stopped me I had 2000 AD#1 and the 1st Brian Bolland Dredd issue. Strontium Dogg was my favorite and 3 years later they started reprinting the 2000AD stuff here I was enthralled.
The biggest thrill for me was finding original Marvlelman comics then a few months later Warrior magazine came out with the Marvleman revival.
I moved heaven and earth to get all the Warrior magazines when they came out. GOOD STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> reviews All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: