visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Purple Walders new & old
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Purple Walders new & old Reply with quote

Thought I'd try my hand at a review, and noticed there wasn't a comparrison of the vintage and re-issue purple walders

Sorry the pictures aren't too hot, just learning how to photo these.

Anyway, one of these kids is not like the others, three of these kids are kinda the same

Odd man out is the re-release, it is much darker than the vintage, Hypno's review of the green re-issue showed that it too was much darker then the green vintage. The chest of this one has also reacted with the vinyl of the Dokuro King chest piece and it also has melt marks on the ends of the arms and legs from contact with the gauntlets and boots. As often mentioned in other threads the black Dokuro king suffers with this, though the wost from my experience is the smoke vintage style HC from the re-issue Mazinger Z.

So avoid the MIB, as it will be MTF (Melted To Fuck)

As you can see his chest is so cloudy he hardly qualifies for Visible Innards.

The vintage ones here seem to have clear heads. I understand (shout if I'm wrong), that the early yellow, purple and blue walders had clear heads, and that the later yellow, purple and green walders had coloured heads. Looking at the early catalogues they seem to show clear headed walders while the later catalogues show coloured. The re-issue has a very dark head.

The first purple walders issued had the gold guts (as modeled by Golden Balls here), which were later changed for the orange guts

Here is a comparison shot of the brains, gold first, then vintage orange, then re-issue

And here is the Gold Vs Vintage orange

The re-issue Dokuro King is a very good copy of the orginal. The notable difference is the original has a smooth gloss finish, whereas the re-issue is matt

Here is the vintage

And here is the re-issue

The boots on the vintage have cuts for ease of getting them on and off. The re-issue could have done with these as with the chemical reaction between the boot and the leg they were firmly stuck on mine, requiring pliers to get them off - at one point I thought I was going to damage the leg

This card came with the vintage suit. The front is ripped off, but I assume it is what is left of the orignial card

khanate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great post, thanks for the breakdown...
Neutron X

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent job! I learned some good stuff. I was surprised by how different the Walder vinyl is from both the original and reissue Satan King. (Many Cyborgs collectors cut up the vinyle Walder Satan King skull uniform to customize a quicker/cheaper Walder Skull King figure)

The sculpt for the vinyl Walder figure has shiny silver paint and a great more detail on the skull face with all 32 teeth molded in great detail.
Kikaider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the review. I loved the pictures, and I can't believe how much I like the vintage Skull King vinyl parts over the repo.
I wonder if the melted parts can be polished clear again (like they do with resin award statues)? I watched them do it on "How is it Made" where they used varying upright polishing wheels. God, I love YouTube...

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=fSjwswSd4Vg&feature=channel_page
hypnotator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll give you ten bucks for the lot. Only kidding! Laughing

Great review, KB. This is what the forum is about and it motivates me to do some reviewing too.

I was aware of the earlier “golden guts” but not of the clear heads on others than the blue. I think the clear heads are a shame as they look much better one colour all over. Does the golden guts Walder have the longer ankles? He looks a little shorter.

Coincidentally, “Golden Guts” is the name of one of the many comic books Don Martin’s Captain Klutz reads.

I actually prefer to display a reissue Walder as Walder and a vintage in a costume, mainly because the heads on the vintage lose colour, or maybe they never had any in the first place, while the reissues are vivid. Plus the fact that the reissues melt if you costume them up. Such a shame. I heard about it on the grapevine quick enough to get the polythene sleeves back on my reissue Dokurokings after just a couple of weeks of displaying them but god knows what they look like if I take them apart now.

That is indeed the back of the original card. I’ve got some pictures saved of a carded Stan King and it has the same lovely flame design on the back.

Quote:
I wonder if the melted parts can be polished clear again

I wouldn’t like to try this. I sawed through a neck stump of a reissue Cyborg to create my custom clear green guts Walder and the plastic is nasty; it gave off a burning smell. I think if you try and buff it up it will cloud even more.
sf1378

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carded 'STAN KING'.....I didn't know them Jap fuckers had made a figure of me.....

FOOKIN' ELL! Laughing Shocked

Yes, I KNOW its a typo Hypo......

Oh can I buy one of these fuckers?

Hahahahahaha!
hypnotator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we know your name, Stanley...
sf1378

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So? Its a fucking name...... Wink

Actually, its my MIDDLE name.....so har har!
hypnotator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Its a fucking name......

It is that.
sf1378

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypnotator wrote:
Quote:
Its a fucking name......

It is that.

Yup, its not just a name, not just a middle name.....its a FUCKING name! Shocked
dave zav

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my name is a killing word
Clone666

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great review!
GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great review. I had not seen a gold internal walder for some time.
Explains why the internal organs on this guy were gold and not orange...

BAZ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gay.
KB

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I went off on a Dokuro King tangent, here's the Torg for comparison.

The Torg head is very similar to the Dokuro king sculpt, but the chest plate differs, its a better fit on Muton than it is on Walder. However, the Torg boots and gauntlets are a bit narrow and don't go over much of the arm or leg, giving the Torg long limbs and a gangling appearance.

The boot sculpt also differ as the skulls below the knee stand proud of the boot (the teeth stick out) unlike on the DK which is much flatter

Torg

DK

In the review of the purple re-issue I should also have said the joints are really loose, this is true for all the re-issue Walders.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> reviews All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: