visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Invaders & Android Catalogs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sf1378

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a 2000AD film to work it needs to ideally be filmed in the UK, at one of the historic studios like Pinewood or Shepperton by a British Director who would also have read the comics as a kid at the very least, thereby having a clear understanding of the cynical British humour that was employed alongside the Post apocalyptic American setting...

They'd need an English cast, or mainly UK cast playing the roles, or UK actors/actresses doing accents.....This is because 2000AD, Judge Dredd etc are British creations-they wouldn't work if dilluted and Americanised for Hollywood-which is what fucked up the Dredd movie in 1995 as directed by a twunt called Danny Cannon... Rolling Eyes who, even though English shat all over the project.

Sadly, like Baz said, the UK film biz is up shit creek and it costs too much to make films here thesedays-no change there as everythings usually more sodding expensive here....

If I were a film director for Judge Dredd I'd first want to do a Prequel trilogy-this would involve the rise of President 'Bad Bob' Booth, the creation of the Robot Armies, his paranoia, the Armageddon War which then led to the rise of the Judges and the creation of the Mega Cities....However, the all important figure in this trilogy would be a young man called Eustace Fargo.....his mentor being Solomon (the Judge who cast Booth into suspended animation for his crimes)....and his rise to becoming the first Chief Judge and eventually leading to the births of Joe and Rico Dredd...

If this all was received well, I'd then make the Dredd movies....its also logical as with this backstory being shown, twunts in America would then understand the world Dredd et al live in....

I can dream...... Wink
BAZ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite an interesting idea, but a couple of points:
Having a "fan" make the movie doesn't always work (Watchmen)
PERSONALLY, I always "read" Dredd with a Clint Eastwood accent. No way could he be from, say, Bristol and STILL be mean and cool! And on the map, Mega City really was in America!
Building a back story would be good, but there would have to be something to MAKE punters (ie Yankers) want to go and see it. If it's NOT an American TV show, Hero, Comicbook, Yanks (as a whole, not the individuals who frequent this site who have outstanding taste!) just won't care.
BUT!!!
Utilizing the backstory you suggest, a movie that reflects and satires current US Policy MIGHT have an audience!
sf1378

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye and theres the rub....what you say is indeed true, thats probably the problem or some of the probs they faced when they made the 95 one....

The Bad Bob backstory, the anihilation of the world and the rise of the Judges could well work given the current political climate indeed...

Like you say, Eastwood was born for the role....well, I'd say the Eastwood of the Dirty Harry films, circa said film and its sequel Magnum Force....in a dream world he'd have made the film back then, imagine it with todays special effects....Ho hum....

However, going back to my original train of though, having a director who was a fan and faithful to the original it could just work.....
hypnotator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*YAWN*
sf1378

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypnotator wrote:
*YAWN*

Idea Go to bed then ya big fat Jessy!!!!!!!!!!!!! Razz
BAZ

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEAH!!!
Fook off you big fookin sponk suckin' twat smelling shirt lifting
jizm drinking turd burglar!!!

Just thought the thread was missing some expletives........
sf1378

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Careful now Bazmondo....hes narked with me cos my expletives led to the filter at work locking him out of the forum.....ha ha.....

Anyhow, philistines like hypo have no clear understanding of the halcyon days of newsprint weekly BRITISH comics for boys at pocket money prices that were totally and utterly violent and politically incorrect.....

Laughing
hypnotator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there at the start, Stan, with "Biotronic" stickers on my arm, and a Red Alert wallet in my pocket (I covered mine with sticky back plastic). I just think this endless talk of movies is pointless... they would stink. Movies of comics usually do. What's wrong with just reading the comics?

Speaking of the politically incorrect, I recently visited an old friend who had bought some old copies of Action, including the one with a youth beating a policeman with a chain on the cover, which led to the comic's temporary cancellation.

And by the way, Stanley....

you're a nob.
BAZ

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea.
Let's NOT join in conversation about subjects we find interesting.
Lets just IGNORE each other and wank over scans of Cyborg catalogues from Japan.
Yea, what a great FOOKIN IDEA!!!
sf1378

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypnotator wrote:
I was there at the start, Stan, with "Biotronic" stickers on my arm, and a Red Alert wallet in my pocket (I covered mine with sticky back plastic). I just think this endless talk of movies is pointless... they would stink. Movies of comics usually do. What's wrong with just reading the comics?

Speaking of the politically incorrect, I recently visited an old friend who had bought some old copies of Action, including the one with a youth beating a policeman with a chain on the cover, which led to the comic's temporary cancellation.

And by the way, Stanley....

you're a nob.

Good, I'm a nob.....fuck off.....your beginning to remind me of a total and utter bastard called Rob Silkstone on an action man forum I was once on, he kept his 'passive/agressive' jibes in my direction for months and months all because of a sarcastic comment I'd made and not coming across as welcoming and in all probability not sticking my tongue so far up his arse in friendship it'd poke out of his left nostril.....

Ok, lets talk Muton and Cyborg, as I don't own a scanner and am not going to fork out lots of cash for original Denys Fisher items all I have are my Shonen repro Walders and Cyborg figures. I also have the Amulak original costume....I can't be arsed to take pics of items you all know about or have seen so many times....so lets let the forum die a squalid death by talking about the same shite and not things we find interesting....

Oh and btw, given the fact your probably older than I am I had asumed you knew full well about things like Action and 2000AD and the 'biotronic stickers' etc.....I was being sarcastic in a jokey way. Seeing you refer to me as a 'nob' well fine ok, but I think I can refer to you as a fishy fetid cunt from now on....

And finally, FUCK OFF.
sf1378

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

p.s.....MAYBE YOU WIKIPEDIA'D THE WHOLE INFO ON THE COMICS....HA HA....TWANNY...
BAZ

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, let's play nice!!
God, those Biotronic spinner in Prog 2 were amazing (I thought as a kid).
The red plastic throwing thing was crap I thought, even AS a kid!!
Sorry you had a bad experience on the Action Man site (was it the old MSN one? The Lefora one seems better!)
And as for just how many items or rarities are in a collection, I too feel a certain "so what" towards it (have had similar arguments on Action Man sites too).
Even if a collection consists of ONE loose Muton that you kept from childhood, then I believe you are an ENTHUSIASTIC member of VI.
It's not the quantity or quality of a collection, it's what it means to YOU. And sure enough, you'll always like what you like, but forums like this are supposed to be for like minded "weirdohs" to chat, discuss and share.
Biting wit and banter are part n parcel of all conversations in British pubs.
We should all be used to it by now.
And if discussing movies based on comics isn't allowed, why not?
Should we be all "PC" and take it to the "Off Topic" section?
OK, we will!!!
Come on, we're not WarHammer nerds!
sf1378

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, it was on actionmanhq.co.uk or wotnot.....Yes, the lefora sites ok. I am on it under the guise of scrotumpear....ha ha...I agree, it does get a bit 'so whatish' with the rarities thingy too...

I like this forum for the banter and the weird pics of Japanese toys...however, hypos taking things a wee bit ott, sure, I've retorted with further naughty words but enoughs, enough....lets just talk about the crap we like eh?
KB

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, catching up with this thread:

1st Helraiser mildly interesting, later films absolute shite - totally overrated bollocks, can't believe I wasted my life watching the 2nd and 3rd films

Judge Dredd movie promised so much, Stallone ruined it as did tweety pie Armin Assanti - best moment when Hershy headbuts the Chinese woman - made me laugh. As for Fergie, what is it with film makers that makes them think a shit comic sidekick is a good idea (same as having some child sidekick). It just leaves you wanting to kick the guy to death all through the movie. I was immensly disapointed no one got shot for dropping litter. They totally removed the black humour side - Dredd is an anti-hero, a facist. Not Stallone agonising over being innocent, to show his human side.

I agree - Dredd was always meant to be Clint Eastwood, Dirty Harry style

That 2000AD and other comics offer so much material that could be made into films just shows how devoid of imagination Hollywood is.

I'm sleepy

Fook you

No you're a nob

Twanny

Invaders, Invaders, Invaders, Invaaderrsssss, ahhhhhhhh. Cigarette?

Must admit I didn't bother with Action, got one copy for the free gift , but I was always into SciFi, so when 2000AD came along it was the one for me. I liked the survival wallet, it was a passport to a wholeworld of imaginative places. I was suprised no one mentioned RoboHunter and Ian Gibsons artwork and who could forget his work on Halo Jones. After Nemesis book 1 my favourite Kevin O'Neil work has to be Marshal Law. The guy has a great warped imagination, with lots of humerous details, love his work.

As for Action Man HQ, while some of them seem OK (even the odd innarder turns up there), there are a lot of twats who seem to see AM as a money spinner and are devistated that since the AM 40th they can't sell moth eaten shit for the 100 plus that they used to. But now the 40th is coming to the end, the same shit heads who were moaning about it are now buying it in bulk as an "investment" - fucking cock suckers. These tend to be the same cunts who spend their time slagging Alan Hall, who did an excellent job with the 40th.

As for the forum, lets face it if all we chat about is Cyborgs we'll be running out of things to talk about quite quickly. And as for collections, nothing is really rare, if you want something it usually turns up on e-bay or YJ, just fucking expensive. But the great thing about this site is you don't need to spend money on things when you can see pictures of all the cyborg stuff, and beat your meet over it, if thats what does it for you.
sf1378

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KB wrote:
OK, catching up with this thread:

1st Helraiser mildly interesting, later films absolute shite - totally overrated bollocks, can't believe I wasted my life watching the 2nd and 3rd films

Judge Dredd movie promised so much, Stallone ruined it as did tweety pie Armin Assanti - best moment when Hershy headbuts the Chinese woman - made me laugh. As for Fergie, what is it with film makers that makes them think a shit comic sidekick is a good idea (same as having some child sidekick). It just leaves you wanting to kick the guy to death all through the movie. I was immensly disapointed no one got shot for dropping litter. They totally removed the black humour side - Dredd is an anti-hero, a facist. Not Stallone agonising over being innocent, to show his human side.

I agree - Dredd was always meant to be Clint Eastwood, Dirty Harry style

That 2000AD and other comics offer so much material that could be made into films just shows how devoid of imagination Hollywood is.

I'm sleepy

Fook you

No you're a nob

Twanny

Invaders, Invaders, Invaders, Invaaderrsssss, ahhhhhhhh. Cigarette?

Must admit I didn't bother with Action, got one copy for the free gift , but I was always into SciFi, so when 2000AD came along it was the one for me. I liked the survival wallet, it was a passport to a wholeworld of imaginative places. I was suprised no one mentioned RoboHunter and Ian Gibsons artwork and who could forget his work on Halo Jones. After Nemesis book 1 my favourite Kevin O'Neil work has to be Marshal Law. The guy has a great warped imagination, with lots of humerous details, love his work.

As for Action Man HQ, while some of them seem OK (even the odd innarder turns up there), there are a lot of twats who seem to see AM as a money spinner and are devistated that since the AM 40th they can't sell moth eaten shit for the 100 plus that they used to. But now the 40th is coming to the end, the same shit heads who were moaning about it are now buying it in bulk as an "investment" - fucking cock suckers. These tend to be the same cunts who spend their time slagging Alan Hall, who did an excellent job with the 40th.

As for the forum, lets face it if all we chat about is Cyborgs we'll be running out of things to talk about quite quickly. And as for collections, nothing is really rare, if you want something it usually turns up on e-bay or YJ, just fucking expensive. But the great thing about this site is you don't need to spend money on things when you can see pictures of all the cyborg stuff, and beat your meet over it, if thats what does it for you.

Thought of typing a cooler answer but what KB's said is spot on on all accounts.....especially the Action Man collectors-Baz and myself and I presume KB excluded.....they are moaning cunts, theres a fella called 'The Fall Guy who simply uses a forum really as his money spinner....arsehole...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> reviews All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: