visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Microman Geag (Jeeg)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Microman Geag (Jeeg) Reply with quote

I was outbid on this one and then, after I had “won” another expensive auction, I got a second chance on this when the high bidder flunked out and didn’t pay. Lucky for me, and I wasn’t going to turn it down, but it all left me a little skint. Never mind, he’s a beautiful figure and he doesn’t appear on Ebay often.

I can’t help thinking of this as a mini Baron Karza. No offense to manga fans, but I loved Karza when I was little. The figure is all metal apart from the hands, and, presumably, some internal workings, so he is more steely than a Supersteel Microman.

He is nice and heavy in the hand. The articulation is great, like all Microman figures. The shins and feet are a single moulded piece, though, so the ankles don’t swivel.

Here is a close up of his solid metal head. Geag has a wicked little face for a good guy ( I presume he’s a good guy – I never saw the cartoon). He’s having a laugh at someone. His ears seem to be aeroplane wings.

Here is a back view. George is here to give a height comparison. As you can see, there’s nothing in it, so Geag is shorter than a Titan or an Arden.

The winged backpack is a different design from Space Glider’s; the wings are more like aeroplane wings (like his ears) and lack the little built-in propellers. It has the same fold down and spring up action when you push the tiny button.

He even has a catalogue and intact sticker sheet. I believe the “Microman Story” relates how Microman were affected by TV transmissions which morphed them into TV characters (see microforever.com).

Nice colour pics on the back of the box too.

gort

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Hypno, that's a lovely looking figure Cool

Can't say as I remember seeing one before, but very, very nice.
Neutron X

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HYPNO THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! Great pics I have been trying to get a good look at this figure for a long time. Great find with box and paperwork!
I have never seen the box catalog ect. before so I appreciate your photos. A very well designed Micro figure. i know nothing about cartoon ect.
Kikaider

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this figure but have resigned myself to not getting one (along with the mini-Robotman figure) as the price for this fella always goes quite high(Jeeg has a lot of fans on Ebay). Justifiable in my opinion but I am too cheap to put forth the cash to acquire one. I was forever trying to convince myself to shell out 70 bucks for a Denys Fisher Cyborg or Walder. I did cough up close to a $100 for the Cyborg and Walder (the kick-ass blue Walder!) Takara re-issue which I am happy with. Congratulations on the purchase!
Does Questar from the Metal Men line share the same wings (just wings not wingpack?), as Microman Jeeg?
hypnotator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about that. I have a Questar but the Metal Men come with all sorts of different equipment and I can't remember if I have the backpack and if I do, whether it's accessible or in the attic.

I agree the prices are pretty extortionate on these non-reissued Microman rarities. A couple of years ago I could only dream of affording them. Never say never!

I'd love to get my hands on a Mini Robotman, more Titans, a Gakeen and, most of all, the Acroyear Amazons, which seem to command the highest price. These will take years to find and afford. It's the fun of the chase, though, and when I've collected everything I could possibly want, life will be duller.

Quote:
Great find with box and paperwork!

Quite honestly I'm happy to buy these things loose as long as the figure is near mint, but the whole package is nice. Things tend to be minter when they come with the box.

Glad you got yourself the "Versus" set, Kikaider. It rocks!
gort

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikaider wrote:

Does Questar from the Metal Men line share the same wings (just wings not wingpack?), as Microman Jeeg?

They're different on the Questar backpack, it has more of a swept wing thing going on.
bryanarchy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a really great figure, hypno!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> reviews All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: