visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Masters of the Universe Classics Cy-Chop -- Very Walder

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder approved non-cyborg toys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebigr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Masters of the Universe Classics Cy-Chop -- Very Walder Reply with quote

While I haven't signed in in a long time, the quest for Cyborgs continues. I do collect other lines too... including the new He-Man toy line "Masters of the Universe Classics"

Wondered if anyone else caught this one but I guess not. Take a look at this guy, CY-CHOP.

http://thefwoosh.com/2012/09/first-look-masters-of-the-universe-cy-chop

It's part of the "MOTUC 30th Anniversary Collection" - which is a line of new MOTU characters designed by some folks who have worked on the line over the years as well as "make a character" contest figures.

On the He-Man.org podcast this past spring, the figure's designer, Terry Higuchi, talked about his figure a little bit. He's expressed many times over the years how he is a collector of Micronauts, Microman, Diaclone, Transformers. While he's mentioned Micronauts many times, this figure is clearly a mash-up of Walder and Microman. It's awesome as Terry has repeatedly shouted out Microman/Micronauts for years now and it's awesome that the MOTU line has a little blue Walder type guy.

Check it out:

- Silver head, it kind of reminds me of Acroyear a bit.
- Clear chest with visible innards
- modular hands

Anyone else find it funny that Mattel is making a very Takara inspired toy and not getting sued over it? Smile

He-Man fans went crazy with the hate for this toy. It was too goofy for many knuckle draggers, or too sci-fi for others.

It borrows parts from several other MOTU figures (Beast Man, Roboto) - The Roboto figure is very Cyborg style but be warned, the one I bought cracked at the chest in a nasty way and broke at the waist. No one has reported breakage of Cy-Chop but be forwarned. It's about 7-inches tall and retails for around US$22 (w/o S+H) -- you can probably find it for less than that as many MOTU fans really hated this guy and are selling him online for a loss.

It's a really cool design to me. I love hairy monsters and I love hairy cyborg monsters even more. I like the entire toy line but I understand that most folks here have no interest in this type of thing (I collected GIJOE, STAR WARS, and MOTU as well as some Mego in the 90's, but MOTU was my big thing for most of the decade) but it's kind of fitting. He-Man is such a bizarre property with such variety it's awesome that they get a Walder-type guy.

Thought I'd share this for completeness sake as many have moved on to other sites, and it's a pretty cool monster toy.
sf1378

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its an okay figure, but imho its a bit hotch - potch. Sure, thats the idea but they should have included a 'before / after' head and perhaps a pair of more normal robotic arms as its a bit ridiculous those massive scissor arms as how the hell would the bloke wipe and wash his arse after a shit?! Shocked

He really looks like a Filmation series add in character rather than something the line would have had and been remade for the classics line. I also think its a crying shame that this line isn't a mass market toy series, the sell outs, the scalpers on the secondary market make it really off putting for me to want to buy any...
Jackmagic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I like the "Henshin" aspects but he is a very weak figure. There was a "Create a Character" contest for the line last year and I was very proud of my entry. I was kind of shocked at what did win instead. I didn't even make honorable mention (which I thought I would at least achieve). Unfortunately part of the contest agreement was that all entries become the property of Mattel and I can't even post the illustration I did for my figure online. Someone who already did got a reprimand.

Yeah, I guess I could do a "screw you" and do it anyway but there's talk of possibly releasing most of the entries in a book and I don't want to get banned from it.
sf1378

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackmagic wrote:
I agree, I like the "Henshin" aspects but he is a very weak figure. There was a "Create a Character" contest for the line last year and I was very proud of my entry. I was kind of shocked at what did win instead. I didn't even make honorable mention (which I thought I would at least achieve). Unfortunately part of the contest agreement was that all entries become the property of Mattel and I can't even post the illustration I did for my figure online. Someone who already did got a reprimand.

Yeah, I guess I could do a "screw you" and do it anyway but there's talk of possibly releasing most of the entries in a book and I don't want to get banned from it.

Cunts. They should pay the creator a fair price for their work.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder approved non-cyborg toys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: