visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Alpha Wave Outer Space Men

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder approved non-cyborg toys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kikaider

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:54 am    Post subject: Alpha Wave Outer Space Men Reply with quote

The San Diego 2011 limited edition waves up for pre-order Friday

http://www.fourhorsemen.biz/news/2011/6/30/alpha-phase-wave-4-test-shots-mechanicals.html

I like these figures but don't know if I can be bothered with picking up the limited editions. I don't have much space to set up or "play" with my stuff so they stay in their packages. I did like the final painted versions and might save cash for two sets of those when they become available.

Don't be thrown off by the pictures of the test shots. My understanding is that the colors for the San Diego 2011 wave will be the colors listed on the color card

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/commandercometsdcc11.jpg/][/URL]

GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant stuff! Love that Mystron!
Kikaider

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystron is my favorite of this release as well but Comet is a close second.

They are up for order NOW!
http://www.shopfourhorsemen.com/
Red_2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I have no idea what these are about.

And yet, I'm typically saddened by not being able to buy them.

Smile

I need to make this my signature: "I've never seen or heard of that in my life. I MUST HAVE IT!"
tatsunokofan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all!

I got a chance to look at these at Comic Con. They look like they're well done, and the full-color versions do a nice job of replicating the look of the vintage figures and their packaging.

Regardless, I passed on buying any of them. If they were done as a true reproduction of the vintage figures, or even just done in the same size as a vintage figure, I'd have bought them. But 3 3/4" tall, solid plastic versions of 6" tall, rubber-with-wires figures feels like a slap in the face to a fan of the vintage toys. I said so to the person manning their booth, and got the impression that he'd been hearing the same complaint a lot. I just hope that they do these figures right someday.

James
microbry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to disagree. The new OSM are just what I wanted in this scale, and are interchangeable with the Glyos System making for all sorts of possibilities with them. I can't wait to get this latest set. See what I've done over the last couple of releases of just the first series:

DSCF4497 by MicroBry, on Flickr

osmbetacallgrimwr2 by MicroBry, on Flickr

SDCC and NYCC Alpha/Beta Wave Outer-Space Men by MicroBry, on Flickr

Also the original designer, Mel Birnkrant (who has an amazing site and is a very cool guy all around Very Happy), is 100% behind the changes and is creating a number of new designs and concepts which may get used as well....
http://melbirnkrant.com/sketchbook/page10.html

There is some hope that someday we'll see some classic style versions too, but as a collector of this scale and of things shiny and transparent and alien and cyborgy, this series has been a real dream come true, and it keeps on coming...
microbry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New pics of my set including the new series SDCC exclusives up now: http://www.flickr.com/photos/microbry/with/6114614405/

Overall I enjoy the new guys but haven't tried mixing them up with the others yet. Their unique parts will make them more interesting to interchange with other later releases of the same figures in other colors. While I do enjoy the clear colors, I feel the purple helmets are kind of meh on some of them, and that Mystron's and Comet's colors could have been a little better chosen, and I think these designs will benefit more from either mashing up with other sets or from the fully painted versions whenever they come out. I find Electron+ to be a bit more compelling than I expected, and Alpha-7 is just great!
microbry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: More mash-ups--The Inner-Space Men Reply with quote

Full set here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/microbry/sets/72157627673322389/

Cosmic Inner-Spacenauts

Astro-Nautilus, Neptunian Govurom, Exonautilus

Pheyden Antron, Antron, Walder Repto, Walder Repto, Savros Antron Drone

Heavy Arms Metamorpho

Alpha-7, Dai Nogan, Glyan Inferno

Nautiphant

The Carpenter w/host body

Xodiac Force!

Acroyears with Scorpio of Arachnia

Towering Inferno

Inferno patrol
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder approved non-cyborg toys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: