visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
My Henshin Cyborg Collection!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> show us yer guts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kamenliter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:15 am    Post subject: My Henshin Cyborg Collection! Reply with quote

Hey folks - new member here...great to find this site with fellow Cyborg and Microman fans.

Here are pics of some my Henshin Cyborg stuff.

Hotmitts

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent stuff. Welcome aboard Kamenliter.
Love those Ultramen !
What's the name of the blue suit in the first picture, the one with rainbow eyes?
kamenliter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Hotmitts!

The figure in question is of Inazuman...another Tokusatsu hero created by Shotaro Ishinomori. Here's a pic.

BAZ

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inazuman is one of my faves too!!!
dokuroking

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chest! chest! chest!
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chest a gigolo.

You have a nice collection, Kamenliter. Welcome! Have I heard your name before on the HC/MM internet circuit?

I noticed the two Kamen Riders on the left of the first picture. Are they both HC or is one Medicom?

Regarding Inuzaman, I picked one up cheap because he was missing his yellow scarf. I kind of had ideas of replacing it with something that looks passable. It looks like it is vinyl like the costume and not cloth. Issat so?

Do you chaps in the US get to see any of these crazy Tokusatsu shows?
kamenliter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dokuroking...lol...that is a pretty bizarre song!

Hypno - Thanks for the welcome!

I've probably posted here and there on various boards over the years, but this is the first time I've really had any pics of my stuff out there. So, you might be thinking of someone else? Not sure! I've had the screenname kamenliter for around fifteen years, dating back to the days of AOL in the mid 90's...I remember posting on their Microman forums way back when.

Both of the Kamen Rider V3's (reg and dexuxe) are original HC...the Deluxe has a cyborg body, the other I believe is some sort of standard Joe body. I also have another loose V3 (reg) on a Joe body and a carded (again reg) V3! It seems to be one of the most common suits. At least the reg, version.

The scarf on Inazuman is indeed vinyl. It's a pretty simple design, just a long rectangle. I could scan it in for you/give measurements if you like so you can make one at least identical in size.

As for watching the show, I used to pick up VHS tapes from dealers at shows and also went to some Japanese video shops in NYC to rent (and copy, of course!) back in the 90's. Since then, I've picked up some of the dubbed stuff on Ebay and now it just seems easiest to watch the fansubs on YouTube. If only some of this stuff were available to purchase in legit subbed versions in the US! (well, some of it is, like Ultraman). I know Kikaider and V3 were done as legit sets a few years ago, but never got around to picking them up. One of these days!
dokuroking

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Kamenliter I have a feeling that perhaps there was some translation errors when they were writing that song. He says it the entire time he's fighting too seemingly for every power haha.

Hypno on the east coast as kids we got Ultraman, Space Giants (Ambassador Magma), and lots of Godzilla movies. As Kamenliter said a lot of this stuff was poking around on bootleg fan subbed vhs or no subs JP copies. Recently a lot of stuff has been showing up as it gets released in Japan as subtitled bootlegs as well and as apparently many more of these shows such as Kikaida aired in Hawaii it seems some companies have distributed these officially. If there is one you've been interested in seeing a sample of, let me know and I'll see if I have it or if I can snag it from a friend.
kamenliter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, for us East Coast kids there used to be a Japanese language cable station in the 70's....Channel 47. It might not have been Japanese all the time - likely during certain hours. I never saw it, but a friend of mine said he used to watch Go Rangers on it. These days the channel is Spanish language.

I do remember watching Godzilla flicks and other Toho movies on Ch. 5 and 9 and 11 (can't remember now exactly which ones!) as well, in the 70's and 80's, like Dokuroking noted.
Neutron X

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Thanks for sharing your cool collection! I can tell a lot of work into building it. I can't pcik a favorite I like it all.
dokuroking

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ch. 17 and 29 in my hood

kamenliter wrote:
Also, for us East Coast kids there used to be a Japanese language cable station in the 70's....Channel 47. It might not have been Japanese all the time - likely during certain hours. I never saw it, but a friend of mine said he used to watch Go Rangers on it. These days the channel is Spanish language.

I do remember watching Godzilla flicks and other Toho movies on Ch. 5 and 9 and 11 (can't remember now exactly which ones!) as well, in the 70's and 80's, like Dokuroking noted.
Grai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: My Henshin Cyborg Collection! Reply with quote

kamenliter wrote:
Hey folks - new member here...great to find this site with fellow Cyborg and Microman fans.

Here are pics of some my Henshin Cyborg stuff.

New member here too... Saw your little UK Android... I just got mine a few days ago... missing a few bits though... need to try and find spares... Am also getting an Android A... should be with me within the next few day... Cool Pics!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> show us yer guts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: