visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Superman Blocks aka Mecha Acroyear KO

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> show us yer guts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dokuroking

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Superman Blocks aka Mecha Acroyear KO Reply with quote

I got this in the mail last week:

Peacebonded Sad

With a real one for comparison. This KO is really nicely done the plastic quality is a slight bit sub par to the Takara original but overall very high quality. The color is slightly deeper in the light blue with a duller polish finish overall compared to the original. The missile accessories are fantastic though:

hypnotator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Superman Blocks”?!? Christ some of these knockoffs are like something out of one of my weird toy dreams. I opened this thread thinking I was going to see a Superman figure blocking the path of a KO Mecha Acroyear or something.

You must be very chuffed to display them both next to each other. Mecha himself is something of a find. Is the KO rarer and more valuable?
dokuroking

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The name semi makes sense in the chinese version of the Microman name where it actually becomes something close to Micro Star Little Superman. Taiwan has a lot of good Microman stuff in the form of bootlegs, bootleg manga in chinese, official redubs of the show (including a unique theme song etc. ) and one of the biggest Microman collectors is an actor/professor from Taiwan.

This is way more rare than Mecha Acroyear. Although I've seen a few pics of this toy in the past this is the first time I ever saw one for sale. There are a few more bootlegs that I seriously want including the all neon KO Diaclone Battle Buffalo from Taiwan and the all white Argentina KO of the Diaclone Big Powered. I've never seen either of those for sale though, but hopefully sooner or later!

If you're interested in bootlegs check out my TW Toy Blog and check out some of my friend links they have tons of bootleg stuff. I'm really interested in when the KO's either change scale, color, or get some wacky new pieces haha.
BAZ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice knock off!!!
KB

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical scouser, into knock off goods
micromanzone

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Now this is a score!
dokuroking

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helps if I give you the link to the blog:

http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/microman-world
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> show us yer guts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: