visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Johnny Apollo - Marx Space Corps new recruits

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder approved non-cyborg toys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KB

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Johnny Apollo - Marx Space Corps new recruits Reply with quote

Having some time off gave me the chance to get some toys out. Regulars on this site will know I love the Mark / Johnny / Jane Apollo figures.

A few vintage Jane Apollos (Blue) have joined the Marx Space Corps since I last posted on these.

GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel juat like the gob smacked KNIVES CHAU at the beginning of Scott Pillgrim vs the world! Shocked

SO AWESOME!

Last edited by GUYx1 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a pretty incredible collection considering how rare they are. I've only seen one figure ever. Is there any difference in sculpt between Mark and Johnny or is it just a colour difference?
Neutron X

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic collection!
KB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. There is not much variety in these figures, its just a good spaceman / woman mould, but as you can see I really like them.

Difference between Mark and Johnny - hair colour (red Vs black), Mark in orange as well as white and the Marx mark on the back being UK vs US. Early Johnny Apollos had all joints pinned wereas all Marks use the later moulded in pins for the arms so there is no visable rivet on shoulder.

The Mexican Plastimarx figures also use the earlier pins. The mould of the Mexican Janes differ slightly, thiner waist, and the quality control isn't as good, some limbs not quite right. Makers mark is just a circular mark on the back, no printing.
KB

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should also have mentioned the blue Mark Apollo. Funny I forgot as I've been after one for a while.

I think this variation was made later in the 70s when the Marx UK factory was struggling, so not many were made. My own view on why its blue is because they were probably using blue plastic for their cowboys and just used the same in the Apollo mould - though I could be wrong.

Happily a blue Mark Apollo has just been drafted into my space corps: -

GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool. I have never seen the blue.
I had the white version. I always wanted the Orange version.
Lee Chappell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Apollo stuff Reply with quote

Fab stuff, simply fab. Nice range of figures.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sculpted costume is gorgeous. More like a model kit. What plugs into those stomach holes?
Hotmitts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are tubes going down to a hand held oxygen pack I think, which are what plugs in to them there stomach plugs.

Seeing this collection before inspired me to buy one of these, I got a Mexican reproduction cheap with all accessories (although I haven't displayed the accessories yet because if a figure falls off my mantelpiece it gets lost in all the shit on my bedroom floor).

I think I paid about 10 before postage, it was really cheap.
KB

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot on Hotmitts,

The tubes go to an air conditioning unit

Here's Jane too. This figure and the orange one above are testament to the power of toothpaste. Both were covered in dirt, but have cleaned up really nicely as while they were dirty, they weren't scuffed.

Around 10 or $10 is what I'd expect to pay for a loose figure, sometimes a bit more depending on what accessories they come with.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder approved non-cyborg toys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: