visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
The Outer Space Men
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder approved non-cyborg toys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hotmitts

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd seen pics before of these but they do look nice here close up. Thanks Dokuroking! made me look again at the Gylos site.
Do you know what international postage is like for these perchance?
microbry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to get in my preorder for the SDCC set during the brief window they were available. I can't wait for them to get here and to see them in person.

FH have stated that they plan to do a different, yet similar in style (if I understand correctly) alternate color release later that will be more available than the SDCC exclusive. So if you missed the SDCC release, fret not too much, we'll probably see some other cool variants in the same vein soon.

So, are the tentacles bendies? Or are they molded in a fixed position? Also the four arm socketed torso will be great for making Antron-like creatures...

--Bry
dokuroking

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. I'm not sure what the postage would be on a set of these. I don't know when the painted version comes out, which will be the next thing for sale. Gylos stuff is really well done. There were some custom attachments for Gylos as well at SDCC Spy Monkey Creations (www.spymonkeycreations.com) made these amongst several others:

Hotmitts wrote:
I'd seen pics before of these but they do look nice here close up. Thanks Dokuroking! made me look again at the Gylos site.
Do you know what international postage is like for these perchance?
dokuroking

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty of these to come. All of the material they are made of is quite flexible but they are molded into a fixed position. There are no wires inside. The tentacles are in 2 pieces however, so you can position them several ways.

microbry wrote:
I managed to get in my preorder for the SDCC set during the brief window they were available. I can't wait for them to get here and to see them in person.

FH have stated that they plan to do a different, yet similar in style (if I understand correctly) alternate color release later that will be more available than the SDCC exclusive. So if you missed the SDCC release, fret not too much, we'll probably see some other cool variants in the same vein soon.

So, are the tentacles bendies? Or are they molded in a fixed position? Also the four arm socketed torso will be great for making Antron-like creatures...

--Bry
Kikaider

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to the two new limited color exclusives. I like the yellow guy but the pink one does nothing for me. I would have liked the San Diego set to have been more clear. I like them but don't know if I will continue to get the rest of the line. Ha, ha, who am I kidding! But I am not so drawn to the exclusives.

http://www.fourhorsemen.biz/
hypnotator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they ever going to do the standard figures at regular price?
dokuroking

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah seriously. It would be nice for them to do that and do some more exclusives later. I like the exclusives but I don't think I'll be chasing these beyond the set I have. I totally agree that the SDCC set should have been much more clear. Maybe it's a question of finish on them?

hypnotator wrote:
Are they ever going to do the standard figures at regular price?
BAZ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might get the exclusives at the NYCC.
dokuroking

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't gotten any yet Baz you should snag a set. They're pretty fun.

BAZ wrote:
I might get the exclusives at the NYCC.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm disappointed that they're doing more exclusives and not the standard run, which hopefully will be more affordable and obtainable if they ever get around to it. Normally I like transparent figures, but these look better opaque, particularly Metamorpho, whose gimmick doesn't really work in the translucent plastic. Also I think Inferno and Xodiac are too similar. It's a shame they didn't do Orbitron, as he is one of the better original designs.
microbry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: I'm just going to leave this here... :D Reply with quote

SDCC and NYCC Alpha/Beta Wave Outer-Space Men by MicroBry, on Flickr

SDCC and NYCC Alpha/Beta Wave Outer-Space Men by MicroBry, on Flickr

glyosOSM1 by MicroBry, on Flickr

I've found a few better color combos since these pics. Can't wait for the main fully painted figure release to come out... Smile The last pic is when I only had the alpha wave set. The beta wave set can still be found for about $47 last I checked, which is about what they cost at the con itself and only $7 more than the main release which is taking pre-orders now at Store Horsemen.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, Bry! Thanks for posting. I like your background too. What is it?

Are they going to do the standard opaque ones ever?
microbry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you liked it!

Yes, the opaque painted ones are due out quite soon now, probably this month and in time for most of the various winter solstice-type holidays. They started accepting pre-orders on them a couple of weeks ago, I believe it is $40 for all four, and $24 for a pair (though I don't recall which are paired).

You can see a lot more use of that playset background in my Flickr account, it's part of the GI Joe Defiant Shuttle Launch Complex, one of the largest playsets Hasbro made (along with the Cobra Terrordrome and the USS Flag). I have the gantry in the lowered position in this shot, which makes a great hangar bay-type setting to shoot toys in. Smile The larger Joe sets in general are really great for use with Micros and other 10cm toys, just exotic and techy enough to work great for SF settings.
KB

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great figures, love the different transparent colourways

Just checked out your flickr pix, that GI Joe Shuttle launch complex is awsome - makes a great Robotman launch pad

http://www.flickr.com/photos/microbry/2252304288/
microbry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks KB, that is in fact my number one viewed photo on Flickr, too. Smile Once I put Robotman in, I just had to populate it for the shot...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder approved non-cyborg toys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: