visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Is Action Man ATOM Mutating out of control?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder approved non-cyborg toys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A ginger headed snake man... keweler than expected.
Luv his crazy remote control weapon...
THX for finding the pix!
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The postage was expensive and the "great" British pound is so weak that it's pound for euro, but I've ordered one, so I'll be able to show you pix of his snarling face trick.

This thread was supposed to be about how crap the new Action Men are, and I've ended up buying one! That first one you pictured with all the veins is crap, though.
GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have been better if they put the "magic remote control" weapon in the hands of one of the musclebound action man figs and gave him an easy chair as an accessory...
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up a used Pyramid Mission set on Ebay for a song.

I think the set originally came with a machete for Action Man. The Action Man himself is nothing to write home about. The hat might suit Cocobat Joe in his Victorian bathing costume, though.

This is what I bought it for: the bizarre repackaging of Prof. Gangrene into something half resembling Aurora’s Mummy. The pillar has spikes which emerge when Action Man steps on the panel, only he doesn’t quite fit in under the panther head to step on it!

Gangrene is made of flexible rubber and you can stick your hand in the back of the sarcophagus-cum-suspended animation chamber and manipulate a ring attached to his head. Combine this effect with his macabre head sculpt and you have hours of fun!

Not that the sarcophagus-cum-suspended animation chamber’s shape resembles the collar of the original “head popping” Prof. Gangrene figure, who can be seen frolicking with ponies in this link:

http://visibleinnards.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1637

He can’t really do much except cringe from Action Man’s assault, provided Action Man makes it past his rather pathetic spiky pillar. But he can get funky!!

sf1378

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't know Gangrene was squidgy....Thought he was sold plastic....

Action Man in this set comes with an Uzi with foldable stock....

In another thread I posted I'd bought the Survival Base Camp mint recently to go with the Mission Extreme figure from around 1994....the camp set has the fucker on the box so back then Hasbro did go with the buy this and then buy something that goes with it mentality that Palitoy (angelic, triumphant horns blear!) used to do....Its a great set, harking back to things like Palitoy's Secret Mission to Dragon Island and the Base Camp that goes well with the Mountaineer or Polar Explorer....

Some other Hasbro sets that are pretty nice are:

1993 RED NINJA, OUTDOOR SURVIVAL (has a nice duffle bag, sleeping bag, binoculars, wrist watch, arctic/tundra map, compass), SCUBA DIVER,
SPACE COMMANDO.

1994 MISSION EXTREME and SURVIVAL BASE CAMP,

ALTITUDE A.T.A.K.-one of the later ones, many VAM cunts like him,

DESERT MISSION, has a cool Lawrence of Arabia head dress,

BOWMAN, whacky as he fires his arrows with a nifty special hand...

DR X mk 3, fires 3 different weapons from his arm-hand, missle and blade, even has a cool cloak,

DR X TOXIC GUT, think thats the mk 2 Dr there....
KB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice buy Hypno, I've always liked the Egyption theme in this set and the spiked trap and sarcophogus.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I remember the "toxic gut"; was that a liquid filled thing a bit like Pulsar's? Also I remember a bad guy with a string vest and a rubber chest that pumped through it to make horrible globules of flesh.
sf1378

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypnotator wrote:
I think I remember the "toxic gut"; was that a liquid filled thing a bit like Pulsar's? Also I remember a bad guy with a string vest and a rubber chest that pumped through it to make horrible globules of flesh.

Yep. They packed the doll upside down in the box. I used to think it was a packaging error as I'm sure the earliest Toxic gut ones came right side up....I'm sure I saw them in Toys R Us....

The other figure you mention is a version 2 of Professor Gangrene...Disgusting figure really...
hypnotator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disgusting but cool!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder approved non-cyborg toys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: