visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Zeroids
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> show us yer guts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant Post Hypno!
All I have are the b*stardized zeroid artoo units...
KB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey to you too Hypno, its good to be back,

I've been working away these last few months. Haven't had much time for toys or surfing the net. However I'm off this week so thought I'd catch up.

Alas most of my toys are boxed up and in the loft. It would be nice to have stuff on display, but its also nice to open up a box and see something you haven't seen for a month or two.

As with most of the toys saved from my own childhod Zobor is a bit tired and needs some restoration. While I kept a lot of toys, they were well played with and for the best part of 25 years the storage was poor, as the house I lived in was full of damp . I've tidied up most of my old Action Men and they've been displayed on a book case, but haven't got round to Zobor.

Dug out this picture that I took a year or two ago when I was getting some other toys out. The chrome has worn off his arms and the motor has got rust on it. He's also had some of the chrome fittings glued back on. Only reason he's in two pieces is so he take up less space

It was a good little shop - all vintage guitars now
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear from you too, Guy!
The Solar Cycle and packaging are cool. I thought I'd be able to stop kicking myself about the Zerak with Solar Cycle in Paradise Alley that I never got now that I've finally got one, but it's hard.
Exin Mini Castellos too!
KB

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Exin Castillos, I thought they were great as they came with a couple of little ghosts to haunt the castle you built. The castles made great battlegrounds for the Timpo plastic knights. Mini Castillos seems to have been a variation on the line.

See this link, this bloke has built the huge castle that was on the Exin catalogue. God knows how many sets that would take.

http://nacho.cps.unizar.es/exincastillos/

There's even a on line forum for Exin Castillos, though its in Spanish
gort

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better late than never; great review, Hypno! Wonderful pics as well.

I've aways kind of liked Zeroids but I never seem to have got around to picking one up, they look like they'll fit in well with a number of differnt lines.
BAZ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess you're gonna need this now mate!!!
http://www.sixteen12.com/zeroid_zintar.html
hypnotator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I wonder if a judge would accept a life size Zeroid as adequate grounds for divorce.

Good job I'm not a completist.
KB

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That life size Zeroid is awesome
Jackmagic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After weeks of looking for the old Polaroids of my Zeroid mod I stumbled across the actual thing sitting on a shelf in my parent's house! D'OH! Anyway, here's a couple of pix I took from last night:

As you can see Zintar's missing top was replaced with a block of styrofoam painted silver, a red bubble top (perfume?) and the rear of a dune buggy model kit (one of the Monogram Snap-Tite kits, I believe). Next to the custom Zintar is the 1977 red Star Team Zeroid that came with the Star Hawk spaceship.

Oh, and I didn't realize it when I took the picture, but there's an Action Force "Red Laser" figure mint in the bubble to the left (same mold as 1982 Cobra Commander).
KB

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never seen this Zeroid before - Zemo

Looks like a parts bin special

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ZEROID-ZEMO-IN-CASE-RARE-/300480147086?pt=UK_Toys_Creative_Educational_RL&hash=item45f6032e8e

6 days left on the auction
hypnotator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta dig that polystyrene custom Jack! To be a child againÖ

Yep I mentioned Zemo and the Zeroids Alien right at the start of this thread. They are the really rare ones. Zemo is a cobble together of the three regular Zeroids and Iíd forgotten they did yellow and blue as well as red. There was a red one on Ebay a while back that fetched around $800 if I remember correctly. Itíll be interesting to watch how much this one fetches. I think he was done for the Japanese market. Here is a selection from my gallery of pilfered net images of the Zeroid shit I donít have:

Action set:

A delightful knockoff:

I was sure this site featured Zemo and his Japanese origin but I canít find him. Itís still a crucial resource:

http://www.wildtoys.com/zeroids/index.asp
hypnotator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The yellow Zemo went for £620 GBP ($980).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> show us yer guts All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: