visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
Bad Seller on Ebay

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder general
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Bad Seller on Ebay Reply with quote

Just to warn you all – there is a seller on Ebay called equinoxp228 with a whole load of Microman items. It seems likely that someone else on the forum may have already bid or may be considering buying from him. He may even be a member here.
I took a buy-it-now on one item and paid straight away. Then a day later he listed more, and I made a best offer on one, which he accepted. I asked f he would combine shipping and he replied:
“I believe I've already shipped out your other titan, but if not, I will combine shipping.”
Pretty vague. He then ignored all my messages asking him to confirm one way or the other, which meant I could not pay for the second item because I didn’t know what the postage would be. Of course he had invoiced me with full separate postage, more than the first item, and I think he hoped that I would just pay it. I kept asking had he sent the first item, and if so, when? Finally, nearly two weeks later, he replied:
“I apologize for not being prompt in getting back to you. Your first
item has shipped. Please don't send me another payment until
Tuesday as I am out of town for the holidays. Leaving right now, back Tues. night. I will make things right, and will refund you shipping as necessary. Again, sorry about this. I will take care of you. Thank you for your patience”
He didn’t get back to me until today, though, and no proper message, just an order update, saying that he dispatched the first item on 2nd January. So he lied to me when he told me that the item had already been sent. He could have combined postage.
Now I’m stuck with having to send more money for the second item and I feel really messed around. I’m complaining to Ebay but I don’t expect they will help.
GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He does certainly have the stuff.
http://shop.ebay.com/equinoxp228/m.html?_dmd=1&_fln=1&_ipg=200&_since=15&_sop=12

I hear ya. Could be an honest mix up,
but given the number of big priced items, you wouldn't THINK he was selling that many to get confused.
From the end of Nov to Mid Jan shipments are really flaky and most of the sellers are out of town and can't be bothered to ship anythign out until after Jan 1st.
Sometimes they make up the parcel and just never post it.
I always figure things are not going to go well during this time period.
I am still waiting on items I purchased well before x-mas.
KB

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is certainly a nice selection of stuff he has,

Though sounds like the bloke cocked it up, or just doesn't care that much, rather than actively trying to screw you, but his communication does sound like its shite. For the prices he's asking you'd expect a bit of care and attention.

Must admit I agree with Guy that sellers at this time of the year can be a bit flakey and the only way not to be disapointed is not to expect too much. I've got one item from before X-mas that I'm still waiting on, though I'm sure it will turn up some time.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can live with it if he takes a long time to post, and if he had said, “I don’t combine postage” I would have to put up with it. What gets me is that he said he had already sent it but he would otherwise have been prepared to combine post. Then it turns out he hadn’t posted it at all but sat on it for 3 weeks. If he had contacted me at that point and offered to combine post I would have been delighted, but he just sent it.

It’s obvious from the brevity of the tiny amount of communications I’ve received from him that he just doesn’t give a fuck. Stringing a couple of coherent sentences together is too much effort for him, let alone keeping track of what he has sent or doing something truly taxing like combining postage.

I messaged him to say, so it appears you lied when you said the item was sent the first time. He said:
“I was in error, but making a mistake doesn't mean lying. I will make every attempt to make you happy. I am sorry you are not happy” so I replied, “How do you propose to make me happy?” That was on Sunday and he’s gone silent again. Maybe he’ll come through and offer me discount or even free postage on the second item, and I’ll certainly suggest it, but I’ll be amazed if it happens. In the meantime I haven’t paid for the second item and I’m sure I’ll get in trouble for it. I’d like to wait and see if the first arrives because I don’t trust him. He makes reassurances to mollify and then does whatever he likes.
KB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he suprises you by making an offer, however you are right that a lot of shysters on e-bay happily say one thing via e-mail and do the opposite, so it doesn't bode well.
Kikaider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be wrong on this, but I think this is a guy selling his brother-in-law' stuff. That might be something to do with what happened (the stuff might not be in his possession, and shipping from somewhere else). I don't mean to make light of what he did, but there could be other circumstances. Hopefully, he makes it up to you.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. It would certainly fit in that he has little interest in anything but taking the money. He just needs to communicate more. I can spend ages composing disgruntled messages asking him what's going on but if I get anything back at all it's too brief and doesn't answer my questions.

I've looked at his feedback and it's 100% positive, with some saying "thanks for the Microman item", so he's fulfilling his duties for others in these auctions. I could be because I'm overseas that I have a different story.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first figure arrived at last, so it only took 11 days to get here from the States. What a shame he sat on it for 3 weeks prior to that. I’m pleased with the figure because he’s in good condition. I was worried that it would be tatty because the description said “sold as is” and he was evasive when I questioned him about the condition.
I still haven’t paid for the second figure. In our last exchange he said “I will make every attempt to make you happy” and I replied, “How do you propose to make me happy?” That was on 3rd January, nearly 2 weeks ago. I’m waiting for him to discount some off the postage, which I think is steep at £25 for one little figure. Maybe I should be less pedantic about a few bucks, because I’d really like the other figure, but even if he does drop the postage, what guarantee do I have that he will post the item before doomsday?
From my correspondence with Ebay: “If a member has more than one unpaid
item case recorded against them we'll review their account and take any
appropriate action (e.g. a warning or suspension).”
This would seem to imply that I can get away with not paying just the once. I’d rather be a good Ebayer, but this bugger really pisses me off with his long silences. I messaged him last; I’m going to wait this one out.
thebigr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it should cost a US seller about US$2-7 to ship a single Microman figure to the UK. It costs about US$28+ to ship Priority (service w/ tracking) and EMS starts at about US$37.

That's for a nice little box or envelope well packed.

just raw in an envelope (no packing) is about $2-4.

That guy is fucking you man.

EDIT 1/25/10:
I just wanted to add for you UK guys, in case you didn't know about US postal services:

Tracking ## and Insurance from US to anywhere outside of the US starts at $28. That is the minimum, $28. Track & Insurance are not available in any way for 1st Class or any other service other than EMS (USPS Express) or Priority. It makes no difference if it's a Microman, or a brick. $28 to insure that sucker in any way to any destination outside of the US.

I just wanted to clear that up for you UK & Euro guys, so if you request tracking from a US Seller, and get a $28 price tag, they're not fucking you.

It's confusing some buyers out there, so I thought I'd clear it up before there's lots of bad feelings over honest deals.

Last edited by thebigr on Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
hypnotator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was in a box, well packed. Unfortunately most people tend to send Microman figures in a generic box that is rather too large. If I'm sending something I will cut a box down to size to keep the weight down, but most sellers can't be arsed.

That box could easily have held BOTH the figures I "won", if he'd only gotten his act together.

Still no word from him.
micromanzone

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting thread. There has been a lot of discussion about this seller between serious vintage Microman collectors. My first fear is that the collection was being sold behind the original owners back or something desperate was happening since a lot of these rare items were being sold without boxes.

Some investigation between the Micro-minds decided this guy was selling off a well known collectors collection. The explanation made was he was not into the stuff anymore and wanted to start collecting new stuff (apparently vintage Marvel comics if you check feedback) and his wife said he had to sell this stuff off to get the new stuff. So he got his bro-in-law to front for him on eBay.

The seller confirmed this on the Micropolis Embassy list. And then disappeared.

Once folks started to confirm they were actually receiving items I made an offer for the Microman Rescue Power-Up set. Saw that as a kid, always wanted that and this was a great chance. Made an offer, went back and forth, sent the money... Then silence... When you drop a nice chuck of $$$ on something and you don't hear back, then you worry even if the feedback and friends say they get stuff.

So anyway, I bug him to confirm shipment. "Definitely" one day. Then "definitely" another day. The "definitely" a third day. Finally ships and he passes on the USPS delivery confirmation number. Frustrated but happy it has shipped. When it arrives, the boxed item which is vintage and rare was basically shoved inside another box with barely any padding or anything. Happily it wasn't damaged, but then this...

It's a multipart set of accessories and two figures. And the darned thing is missing ONE small piece. Not a deal-breaker piece, but a small piece that makes the set incomplete. So I write to him. First no reply. Then a few days later I bug him again, and he says "I'll look into it..."

*chirps*

A week or so passes and work and other things have eaten up time. I look over the set, decide I am going to keep it but after all the hassle, I decided it's time for me to open an eBay dispute about the misrepresentation and request a partial refund. Lo and behold in less than a day and the guy responds, tells me he never opened the set beyond buying it so he had no idea the piece was missing and would give me a partial refund.

Okay, so when the dust settles I get a great vintage set that is missing one small piece, but he price was right and I'm happy. But the customer service and communication was abysmal. So much so I decided against buying other stuff from this seller despite the fact I know I would pay more elsewhere for the same stuff.

Conclusion: This was the craziest deal ever. The stuff the guy has is/was great. And rare to find in the U.S. The guy delivered the goods, but it all started out fishy and ended fishy. And the experience made me realize why one pays more something at one place versus another; service counts! Heck, I sell on eBay and if this guy spent 1 day just getting his inventory in gear he could have made more money. And if he proactively contacted buyers instead of playing cat & mouse a lot of headaches/concerns would be gone.

And... scene!
hypnotator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your post, ‘Zone. Interesting to hear that I’m not the only disgruntled customer, but I’m glad you have your item and are reasonably pleased with the outcome.

Ebay were prepared to set up a dispute for you, which they weren’t prepared to do for me because my beef was about combined shipping, which they don’t set any rules for. Never mind that he promised and agreed to combine shipping and then failed to do so and also lied about when it was sent. If Ebay would just have sent him an email saying, “Your customer is not happy” it might have spurred him on to deal with things, but they refused to get involved.

Like you, I have no desire to send this crap seller more money. I don’t like having an unpaid “won” item sitting in my Ebay account and I’m still waiting to see if dire consequences are coming my way. But even if he gets in touch with me now and waives postage on the second item, far too much time has gone by and I don’t trust him to post it promptly.

I think he is not so much fishy as just plain lazy. All those items and he can’t be bothered to do the follow up. It’s ironic if he is selling them on behalf of someone else who couldn’t be bothered either.
thebigr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hypno, you can still open up a complaint with ebay/paypal.

Did you file a claim? Even if you issue isn't listed, just pick the closest problem and then fill in the details of your problem in the body. Ebay's been pretty good with solving problems quickly since Dec. Every time I've filed a "this seller is lying" claim since Dec I've got 100% money back, I just had to be persistent.

Did you save the emails about the combined deal? Because I got 100% refund in July on a purchase I made with a Turkish seller, in which they said in emails they'd give me 50% combined shipping, and backed out when they saw how much I bought. Ebay asked me to send them the email with headers, and I did. Instead of giving me the $30 I wanted, they gave me my full purchase price back ($300+) and kept the items too.

Did you pay with a credit card?
Call your credit card company and block the payment. PayPal will usually solve the problem and/or give you a phone call within 24hrs of blocking it. Now anything I buy on ebay or craigslist with paypal is credit card only.

Did any of you use your blacklist abilities? Being on a forum like VI is great because we all get along and have a deep love for this stuff. One of the best things you can do is blacklist someone. Usually the threat alone is enough for a bad seller to come clean and do the right thing. How do you do that? Post their name, address, myspace, email, job, as much personal stuff as possible in public areas of a forum (example the Embassy, or here) and let people know what a shithead they are.

I discovered this while working for an ebay store, and we had a new competitor spam-bomb us by buying $2k of merch and then bail on paying. So we sent his personal info and the shitty tale to every auction house, every one of his customers for the previous 4 years. Now, I see the jerk owner of this business every day... he pumps my gas.

I busted this out myself a few times over the years, actually this past Oct. on a shitty buyer.

A guy tried to run a scam on me where he buys an expensive item (in this case, a $500 Hot Toys 1:6 figure), then says it showed up broken, and threats a neg unless I give him $100+ back. I thought this was fishy, so I used Toolhaus.org, to find he'd run the same scam all summer on every single thing he bought. I packed that thing like it was my mom's pussy so I know it arrived perfect as promised. I told the jerk that if he wanted, I'd give him 25 cents back, or he could send it back *exactly as listed* and I'd give him some money back. So he sends it back, the 1:6 figure missing a few accessories, the box broken, and "fuck you asshole" written on the box. I thought this was really shitty, way out of line, so I sent him $0.01 back, with the message to "suck my dick"

So he filed a complaint, that he never got the item, it was messed up, etc. And what sent me over was he lied and said that I insulted his Iranian heritage. One of my good friends is Iranian, and if you know me you know how for me to say something like that is way out of character.

So I sent all of his info: address, credit card ##, home address, car and color, place of work, and best of all, phone ##, to a bunch of 1:6 sites. A few folks he ripped off over the summer were so happy, one guy said he calls every day just to fuck with him. Another guy made a dating website profile with his phone ## public; bad news for our shitty friend as he's married!

Within 5 days, and several more "if you don't stop I'll..." emails, this shitty buyer cancelled his ebay claim, and just ate the loss. While the figure was fucked, I did get his money, and he's no longer registed, and months later, I still get an email from him once in a while asking me to take it down (i never will Wink ) The blacklist really works, but only use it when it's ridiculously needed guys.
bsaw001

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this is one serious and bad news from E-Bay. I've always wanted to try being a seller and buyer from EBay. Good thing I didn't push through.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your advice, BigR. Remind me never to fuck with you! Laughing

I can access this man's 'phone number, and parading it on the net may be a little harsh, but I certainly had considered calling him at some ungodly hour (oops I forgot the time difference). For the moment, though, I would like to make a formal complaint, just in case Ebay get funny about their unpaid "won" item. How do I go about this? Or is it only with Paypal that I can? Paypal's a bit more dodgy as I didn't pay for the second item, though I did do a Paypal transaction for the first.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> walder general All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: