visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
monoliths monsters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> show us yer guts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fantasticplastic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno if it's my eyes but are those moulds sticking in or out?
Are they for vacuum forming?
What scale are they?
Are they made of silicon rubber?
monolith

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fantasticplastic; The Thingmaker moulds are metal but they were made for casting in rubber.They originally came with a liquid called "goop" that you poured into the mold,then you put the mould into a stand that would plug into an electrical outlet and this would heat up the "goop" making it firm rubber.I also took some liquid latex once and painted the mould with that to get the same effect without using heat.
Also,it's not your eyes,the moulds are concave, its an illusion of the lighting that makes them appear convex.And the moulds are about four inches tall.

Hypno ; I like Spike Jones as well.My Old Flame is a good one!

As a matter of fact, I DO have Famous Monsters Speak on cd format.

That Monster Mash record is presented by John Zacherle who was an early tv horror host from the 1960's.The version of the Monster Mash song is done by a band that sounds a lot like the Bobby "Boris" Pickett version,which is the original,But is a little bit different.

I have at least one Bonzo Dog Band record in my collection somewhere.

Monster Melodies is music by a group called Frankie Stein and His Ghouls.
Which consists of '60's rock and jazz and surf music that you can dance the twist,frug,hully gully,the watusi and the frog to.They say Frankie Stein plays guitar with three hands and conducts with the other two.I have a couple other Frankie Stein records as well.

If you pm me your address I'll send you some cd's.

The Thingmaker moulds were meant for casting in rubber.The skeleton limbs must be cast twice each, and you wire or string the limbs together.
hypnotator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From ReSearch #14, Incredibly Strange Music Vol. 1, interview with Mickey McGowan:

"There were a lot of monster records released, like Frank-N-Stein and His Ghouls' five great instrumental dance albums. One of my favourites on VeeJay is "It's Monster Surfin' Time!" - just surf music with monster sounds. "Surfin' Time in the Creature's Lagoon" opens up with a ghoul yelling and then breaks into a great instrumental (similar to all the hot rod albums which blended car sounds with surf music). This was the rebellious music of its time - parents thought monsters were "creepy", so kids wanted them even more! All this spawned two great TV shows in '64: The Addams Family and The Munsters - both well-written and fun, and nobody ever really got hurt, either. Sadly, the Munsters never had an official soundtrack LP, but there was a band called The Munsters which played surf music."
monolith

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true,I have a couple of Munsters records from the '60's one of them is a teen pop group called ''the Munsters" playing music,it even has a picture of the real Munsters from tv on the cover,but no one from the tv show was involved in the record.The other Munster record is "At Home With The Munsters" which has the original tv cast acting out stories and even singing songs.Then there's another '60's record called "Music for Monsters,Munsters,Mummies and Other TV Fiends" with the Munsters on the cover but it's not the music from the show, it's Milton Dellugg and his orchestra doing theme songs from various tv shows.There is no actual record of the Munsters music from the show that I know of.
BAZ

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, the Munsters "cool" factor was greater than the Addams Family:
George Barris designed their Koach and Dragula (although Ed Roth's "Druid Princess" WAS made for the Addams Family, it was never used) and The Standells even appeared in a Munsters episode! They had cool model kits and toys!
GUYx1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Car Bazza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2V1NVc_jMs
monolith

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Ed Roth's Druid Princess looked pretty cool.I like the purple highlights.

George Barris designed so many cool cars.I must have about fifty toys of his Batmobile design. I also have some die-cast Munsters Koach's and a couple of die-cast Dragulas,too.

Both the Addams family and the Munsters had cool theme songs.
BAZ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Druid Princess restoration is cool!!!
I got to "meet" the Munstes Koach (and Barris) at Vegas a few years ago.
He was a regular guest at the Rockabilly weekender.
Over the years he brought the Batmobile, Greased Lightning and Dragula.
Roth was truly a visionary!
monolith

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see Barris' Batmobile sometime.That thing has all kinds of details and props inside it.

I have two of Ed Roths '60's albums that he put out under the name Mr. Gasser and the Weirdos.They are hard to come by nowadays,although I think someone re-released his three records on cd.I love his characters, especially Rat Fink.
BAZ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE Roth's stuff.
Just tattooed this two weeks ago.
monolith

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> show us yer guts All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: