visibleinnards.org Forum Index
visibleinnards.org Forum Index |  Register |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in |  FAQ |  Search | 
monoliths models
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> show us yer guts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BAZ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, that Creature is gonna make a great tattoo.......
When the arsehole finally comes in to do it!!!
gort

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can still buy those suits now, but made by Maschinen Kreiger. Also Medicom are supposed to be making a 1/6 version:

hypnotator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the Monsters of the Movies Creature, or rather a recast. There was a huge scandal caused by the Monster Scenes with the Victim and the instruments of
torture, kits were returned to the factory from shop shelves and the second series was completely withdrawn in the US. Aurora made one last series of monsters in an attempt to rectify things, the Monsters of the Movies. Dracula, Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde were retooled from the Monster Scenes. The monster craze had passed its peak, though, and the series didnít sell well and was discontinued quickly. Vintage Monsters of the Movies and the Monster Scenes are rare due to the low quantities produced. Most have been reissued as injection plastic kits by now, but some havenít, including the Creature. Mine is a resin recast done by the notoriously dubious Ď90s UK dealer Model Zone. I had to completely rebuild the neck and fill a million bubble holes as well as drilling the arms and head to make them moveable. There are probably better resin recasts to be had, but surely someone like Moebius will do decent injection plastic reissues soon.
fantasticplastic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That ICE WARRIOR from DR WHO is super!
monolith

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gort-that 1/6 version looks pretty sweet.

Hypnotator-Your'e correct,I meant to say "Monsters of the Movies Creature".
The Aurora Monsters of the Movies and the Aurora Monster scenes are some of my favorites that Aurora made.Models of scantily clad victims and implements of torture would never get made for kids these days.I love politically incorrect toys,like the violent images on the old Mars Attacks cards.I'm sick that way.
BAZ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypnotator wrote:
Mine is a resin recast done by the notoriously dubious Ď90s UK dealer Model Zone.

Oh they were hawkers of the WORST resin recasts in history!!
Now, I'm all for recasting a rare to find item, as long as it's done well.
Model Zone recast even NEW stuff, and their resin was worse than Comet's!
hypnotator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeedy, in fact Mark at Model Zone was a rip off merchant all round. Fortunately in those days I had lots of time to build them up and rectify all the flaws with putty. They did a Spock with Snakes recast that I had to send back, though. Two of the snake heads were the same; it had evidently been cast from an incomplete original.

I got one of the larger, soft plastic SAFS suits but I don't like it half as much as the Nitto kits. There's something about the scale, the detail and articulation that makes them special.

'Tastic, the Ice Warrior is by a British company called Sevans and I think it's fairly rare now. It was another very difficult one to build. It's the only vacu-formed kit I've ever come across, very garage. You have to cut the body, head and limb halves from a sheet and then sand them down on sandpaper taped flat to create an edge that can be glued together. The box is glued shut so you have no idea what you are letting yourself in for.
BAZ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the first things Josh bought for me was Sevan's Robby Robot!!
NEVER finished it! Assembled the legs and filled em with plaster, but
kinda lost interest!
My mate Greg customized an Ice Warrior so it was posable.
He sculpted a whole new face piece and added extra details. It
was cool!! I ALMOST bought it off him......
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    visibleinnards.org Forum Index -> show us yer guts All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: